The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Siberian Ice Princess  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Siberian Ice Princess
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:32:17 PM »
I am wondering if anyone has been to see this. Assuming that it was finished.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0061-mausoleum-plans-unveiled-for-homecoming-of-siberian-ice-maiden/

Offline Contrarian

Offline Contrarian

Re: Siberian Ice Princess
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:05:42 PM »
She died of breast cancer, however she also had some physical injuries, as if she had fallen from her horse or some other similarly high object.

Although the people in Altai want her to be reburied where she was found, this has not been done yet and she is being kept at a museum nearby. The local people say she is angry and that there have been earthquakes and storms caused by her spirit.

"The Siberian Ice Maiden, as she is often called by English-speaking scientists is currently kept at the A.V. Anokhin National Museum in Gorno-Altaysk in a mausoleum-like complex."

https://www.messagetoeagle.com/princess-ukok-cannot-be-re-buried-locals-think-she-is-cursed/

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Siberian Ice Princess
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 12:13:06 PM »
For anyone interested in scoring that skinny, quiet girl of your dreams... now's your chance!

No but seriously, that's pretty cool. If I had more brains about me it would've been fascinating to become a paleo-pathologist and work on stuff like this.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning