The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Nigel Farage Interviews Donald Trump  (Read 620 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Nigel Farage Interviews Donald Trump
« on: December 02, 2021, 05:40:04 AM »
Last night on GB News there was a special where Nigel Farage interviewed the Donald.

If you want to watch it, its here: https://www.gbnews.uk/news/watch-in-full-farage-trump-the-interview/169928
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Nigel Farage Interviews Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:50:19 AM »
Last night on GB News there was a special where Nigel Farage interviewed the Donald.

If you want to watch it, its here: https://www.gbnews.uk/news/watch-in-full-farage-trump-the-interview/169928

Somebody please buy Nigel a proper pair of sox. :laugh:

Was that interview in the UK?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 12:18:21 PM »
That was a very interesting and revealing interview. Trump touches on his meeting with the Queen of England and how much he likes her and how much his mother who was from Scotland liked her.

What is really interesting is that Prince Harry and Meghan come up and Trump comes right out and says he doesn't like her and he predicts that Harry is going to regret her if he doesn't already. It almost sounded like Trump is predicting that Harry and her will divorce. I will come right out and say that I predict they will divorce within 7 years. Not a good situation for Harry, IMO nor for the royal family.

Edit to add: At the end Farage mentioned that they were in Mar A Lago. I wasn't sure because of the GB icons and the room they were in also looked very old.

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 03:15:54 PM »
It also seemed apparent that Trump is going to run again.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Valenki

• Spouses Country: Czecho-SLOVAKIA
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 09:40:29 PM »

Shit! I was looking forward to that but the link doesn't allow adblockers.
Free The Peoples Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk!

Offline Valenki

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 09:41:15 PM »
It also seemed apparent that Trump is going to run again.
I hope that he does.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 01:40:11 AM »

brave-browser.

Privacy-friendly, adblocker builtin , and you can watch this interview :)
And if you do want to watch ads , you get paid for it in the form of bat-tokens.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Valenki

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 09:14:07 AM »

brave-browser.

Privacy-friendly, adblocker builtin , and you can watch this interview :)
And if you do want to watch ads , you get paid for it in the form of bat-tokens.
Here is what the critics say: https://www.techradar.com/reviews/brave-web-browser

"Brave has the user features and privacy settings you’d expect it to, but it fails to compete with other leading browsers".

"Brave is a unique browser that also comes with its own search engine (also called Brave), but you can choose from six others if you prefer. While it touts its privacy features as being better than Firefox's and its speed as better than Chrome's, the differences there seem to be negligible."

"We didn’t have any issues with Brave, per se, but it failed to impress us beyond the basics. That said, there’s nothing explicitly wrong with this browser, and if you like how it looks and functions, then we don’t see a reason not to make it your go-to."

"Brave’s default settings already block “malvertising” (online advertising with the intent to spread malware), malware, and phishing, and plugins that are deemed a security risk are disabled. When it’s possible, Brave will auto-upgrade to HTTPS for advanced security and encryption."

"Personally, I didn’t find Brave to move faster than Chrome or Safari. In fact, Brave seemed to very slightly lag behind the other two browsers when searching for the same phrase. It wasn’t slow enough to be very noticeable, but it definitely didn’t seem to be considerably faster, either.

It’s also unclear how Brave is so much more secure than Firefox. It seems that they have many of the same default privacy offerings, but Firefox comes out ahead with features like Primary Password and instant-erasure of online info when the browser’s closed. That’s not to say Brave isn’t safe, but safer than Firefox? Potentially not."

"We really liked how the Brave dashboard was laid out. Having the settings, bookmarks, and history on the bottom-right in minimalist icons gets rid of the busy top bar that a lot of browsers have.

Brave seems to do what any browser should – you can customize the dashboard, arrange tabs and windows in different ways, save bookmarks, search from the address bar, etc. Unfortunately, many of their features are pending on at least one platform, so you may not get full functionality depending on where you use Brave.

Lastly, while Brave Rewards and Playlist are notable features you won’t find on every browser out there, neither one is a major selling point."

Online BC

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 09:33:53 AM »
Yandex browser is quite nice.  Just change the default search engine.  I don't use the password sharing to other devices either.

It is my preferred browser for the moment, but use safari as well.

Offline Valenki

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 09:56:57 AM »
I used both Google and Quant.

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 12:52:19 PM »
Yandex browser is quite nice.  Just change the default search engine.  I don't use the password sharing to other devices either.

I use Yandex and Chrome, but I also use Adblock and I could access the site OK. Why not just green-list it to watch it?

We used to run some anti adblock script here. We might still do. It's a double-sided coin, isn't it? Sites that provide something for free want you exposed to the ads as it pays the bills. But then again, we don't want intrusive ones. I don't mind sidebar and unobtrusive ads. I abhor sites where you have to click a bunch of stuff to be able to see the actual content. Very tedious. Especially the tedious EU "accept cookies" crap. I've never had that on any of my sites. I think Boris is doing away with it now anyway.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 04:12:49 PM »

Lastly, while Brave Rewards and Playlist are notable features you won’t find on every browser out there, neither one is a major selling point."

They missed the part where most server-side scripting is completely oblivious to Brave's adblock. I have been enjoying that.

It was just a friendly suggestion if you wanted to see the video, but I guess you'd rather post reviews than experience it yourself.

OO===[][]===OO

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »

I use Yandex and Chrome, but I also use Adblock and I could access the site OK. Why not just green-list it to watch it?

We used to run some anti adblock script here. We might still do. It's a double-sided coin, isn't it? Sites that provide something for free want you exposed to the ads as it pays the bills. But then again, we don't want intrusive ones. I don't mind sidebar and unobtrusive ads. I abhor sites where you have to click a bunch of stuff to be able to see the actual content. Very tedious. Especially the tedious EU "accept cookies" crap. I've never had that on any of my sites. I think Boris is doing away with it now anyway.

The scantly clad DD+ women here in ads are not really good for work here. But whilst work-at-home is in effect, I greenlisted RUA.
OO===[][]===OO

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
Funny stuff ad block software. I run it on my office pcs and every now and then I get a popup telling me I can't see the page until I turn it off.

Odd thing is that there seems to be very little difference between before and after the ad block.

I know that ad block providers sell access to advertisers which kinda defeats the purposes of the software in the first place.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Valenki

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2021, 10:12:39 PM »
It was just a friendly suggestion if you wanted to see the video ...
And I appreciate that.

... but I guess you'd rather post reviews than experience it yourself.
Firstly, I never buy anything until I've seen the reviews and secondly I don't think I like your attitude. Not much of  "a friendly suggestion" if this is your response to an honest interest in your suggestion. You'd be an awful salesman.  :snivel:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 11:18:48 AM »
It was just a friendly suggestion if you wanted to see the video ...
And I appreciate that.

... but I guess you'd rather post reviews than experience it yourself.
Firstly, I never buy anything until I've seen the reviews and secondly I don't think I like your attitude. Not much of  "a friendly suggestion" if this is your response to an honest interest in your suggestion. You'd be an awful salesman.  :snivel:

Typical. Someone tries to help you out on this forum and you show your true colors.  :sick0012:

Registration