The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: US Citizen traveling to Moscow  (Read 711 times)

Offline mitspilot

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
US Citizen traveling to Moscow
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:49:04 PM »
I posted a few months back about getting a visa for my Russian girlfriend to visit me in the U.S. and discovered that it is currently very difficult to get a visa for her to come see me. Now, I hope to visit her over New Years Eve. To get a visa, do I make an appointment with the Russian embassy? Does that mean I need to travel to Washington DC?

Does anyone have a resource I can refer to, to learn everything I need? I know I need a vaccination and have done so. I know I need to get tested and will do so.

We have met twice, once in Athens and just spent 2 weeks together in the Dominican Republic. Things are progressing nicely and I want to visit her in Moscow.

Thanks for the help.

Offline mitspilot

Re: US Citizen traveling to Moscow
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:02 PM »
To add more information to my original post, I am working on a visa application on the US Russian Embassy site. I suspect that is where I need to start. I have a question about that, too. I am guessing I need to choose "Tourism", but it asks me for a Travel Company. I'm organizing this trip on my own and will be staying in an AirBnB. What should I put for travel company.

If these questions are inappropriate here, please disregard.

Thanks.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
Given to the time frame and what I perceive to be your level of experience about this, I would recommend using a service.  I use Traveldocs.

Good luck.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline mitspilot

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 07:19:05 PM »
Thanks B.B. I will do just that.

Registration