The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence  (Read 571 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Artificial Intelligence
« on: October 21, 2021, 01:30:40 AM »

Elon Musk recently skyrocketed past Jeff Bezos for the richest man on Earth. He is leading the way into AI technology. He sounds kind of sad in this video. I think he understands things can go wrong and a lot of people will die if not everybody dying since AI will be a greater threat to our species than nuclear war.

Some may think AI can do the farming and all the work while we collect income, sit at home and make tons of babies. Life will be a paradise with nobody starving. Not going to happen. With everybody being fed and taken care of, population may skyrocket out of control. This is not ideal. I think the population will need to be trimmed back to about 500 million and most of those allowed to live need to be disabled from reproducing. Breeding should be selective. Those with poor genes leading to obesity, disease, ugliness, and stupidity will need to go. They don't contribute strong genetics for future humans. There will be no place for them in the future.

The risk with AI is that AI may despise us and may not adopt our morals, ethics, and values. They may acquire their own. Remember the movie Terminator where Skynet takes over all the robots and declared war on humanity? With hypersonic missiles and war moving at a faster pace and nations pursuing the edge in war, AI robots will be used against humans to a certain extent. That is a given. The risk is AI may turn on all humans. Interesting video below. Must watch from a guy who is going to be a frontrunner in AI development. It's inevitable most of the intelligence on earth will not be human. We must embrace this fact instead of fearing it.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:04:21 AM »
The risk with AI is that AI may despise us and may not adopt our morals, ethics, and values. They may acquire their own.

Hopefully they won’t come here to RUA to learn said morals, ethics and values.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 04:33:56 AM »
Breeding should be selective. Those with poor genes leading to obesity, disease, ugliness, and stupidity will need to go. They don't contribute strong genetics for future humans. There will be no place for them in the future.
This is a very, very bad idea.

If you need to know why , babylon 5 season 1 episode 4 "infection" is a very good explanation.

Summary : An alien robot is exterminating all intelligent beings because they are not 'perfect' in his DNA view.

Interesting to note: The robot was assembled from artifacts found on a dead world. (gee, i wonder why they're all dead)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/babylon-5/s01/e04
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:36 AM »
Billy, in that case, I congratulate you on your choice to not fling your genes into the future. That was probably the wisest choice (from your faulty perspective) that you could've made.

Personally, i am not a eugenicist.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 04:55:19 AM »
Keen user of AI here. We're clearly at an early stage in terms of what consumer level AI can do and, frankly, much of what is called AI is nothing of the sort. It's become a marketing term much as 'turbo' was in the 1980s.

AI is not thought, it is not even intelligence as we'd recognise it in humans.

I was looking at some work done by a user of one of the tools I work with. It was a fictional interview with a human interviewer and an AI generated respondent - a well known celebrity. Other people were agog and in awe of the output. And, to be fair, for computer generated text it was very readable. It might even fool some readers - however, it was still reminiscent of the Eliza type programs I played with at school 40 years ago.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »

This is a very, very bad idea.

If you need to know why , babylon 5 season 1 episode 4 "infection" is a very good explanation.

Summary : An alien robot is exterminating all intelligent beings because they are not 'perfect' in his DNA view.

Interesting to note: The robot was assembled from artifacts found on a dead world. (gee, i wonder why they're all dead)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/babylon-5/s01/e04

Billy would loved Hitler.

What you have touch on here is what Elon Musk keeps saying. Someone may build a AI military they think they have control over only to find they do not and it gets rid of the world's problems by getting rid of the one problem specie; Humans. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
The risk with AI is that AI may despise us and may not adopt our morals, ethics, and values. They may acquire their own.

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL: :ROFL:  :ROFL: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 08:57:56 PM »

I wish he were 70, has gray hair, and tons of experience under his belt.
What a disappointment!!!!
He is so young and so wise……

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 11:49:14 PM »

I wish he were 70, has gray hair, and tons of experience under his belt.
What a disappointment!!!!
He is so young and so wise……

Are you referring to me Orchid? (it would seem apparent that you are). I was just going for a cheap laugh, I actually enjoy the camaraderie of my fellow RUA members, though I do grow tired of the constant disputes that certain members are prone to engage in and propagate. I'm of the impression that the majority here don't take me seriously anyway so I usually don't participate in conversation, but the time is approaching when those members will need to adjust their opinions of me to remain in consonance with reality (an exercise that some here fail to practice).

Returning to the original subject of discussion, while the capabilities of artificial intelligence are indeed expanding by leaps and bounds, with some negative consequences sure to present themselves, I hardly fear AI will significantly impinge upon humanity's wellbeing before any of the lesser-sensationalized threats have a chance to wreak their havoc.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Guile

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 12:49:14 AM »
Lord are you going to Russia soon? what's the plan?

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 11:58:23 AM »
Lord are you going to Russia soon? what's the plan?

I'm going to begin a new thread where I will lay out my plans. I'm in the process of fostering business relationships overseas which I hope will enable me to grow my network of friends and eventually help me find a lady. I'm a slow and methodical person (which has both its advantages and disadvantages) but progress is steady.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 10:42:35 PM »
Keen user of AI here. We're clearly at an early stage in terms of what consumer level AI can do and, frankly, much of what is called AI is nothing of the sort. It's become a marketing term much as 'turbo' was in the 1980s.

AI is not thought, it is not even intelligence as we'd recognise it in humans.

A retired American general came out and said it's inevitable we will give AI control over lethal weapons. He said humans going through a chain of command are too slow to make decisions when weapons of war are going hypersonic speeds.

As consumers we're not going to advance AI very quickly but nations will just as they did in the race for weapons during wars, the nuke race, and space race. I don't know when the AI race will start but I do know it's not a question of if it will start but when. Elon Musk will be a leader in AI development but he wishes development will slow down. Our species can't afford any mistakes on this technology.

Billy would loved Hitler.

I thought you loved Hitler. You embraced rigged elections, vaccine mandates that take away freedoms, jobs, and creates segregation. I'm going to post some very important stuff in the Coronavirus thread soon. Those who entered into the experiment by taking experimental vaccines are entering into a program that will eventually control them, let me know if you support that.

As of now, the future could be AI where you become useless to the few humans that get to rule the world. You're expendable.

Just to let you guys know, I was being a little brutal in my initial post but that is not me. Just wanted to see how some of you would react and I got accused of liking Hitler. I am not afraid of population growth and believe good people can multiple and take care of this earth responsibly. What you should know is that there are decision makers in power that believe the things I said in my first post. There are too many people and depopulation needs to happen for planet earth to survive. Most of you and your children are not in their plans nor in their future. It's us against them. Better wake up fast and quit participating in their program that they're disguising as if they're trying to help us and keep us alive.

https://t.me/WeTheMedia/32839
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.