The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Team Biden/Harris  (Read 11966 times)

Online BC

Re: Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2024, 09:21:08 PM »

The basis of a legal argument is to make a point and then reference the law
or the court case that supports your argument.

The argument to take away Trumps first and sixth amendment rights don't
do that. There is no law or cases sited on how Trump should be stripped of
his rights.

There aren't any court cases where they silence the defendant and he can't
rebut his accusers in public.

The legal argument is
Orange man is crazy madman  "January 6th", therefore he is crazy
madman all the time. Since he is a madman he doesn't have constitutional
rights because of our crazy madman rule. It's a totally circular argument.
He is dangerous so he can't talk.

Hopefully,

That whole line of poppycock gets shot down before the radical left adds this
to their playbook.

Here you go 2tall, page 4 "Conclusions of Law" in judge Juan Merchan's sentencing order for Contempt.

https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/D.O.motion4contempt-FINAL.pdf

Page 6 fully addresses your concerns, and Constitutional aspects.

Online BC

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2024, 09:29:16 PM »

Heck, even his wife and kids aren't there to support him in the courtroom...  IMO this says more than anything else we can toss around here.

In your opinion. OTOH:

Donald Trump's Family Skipping Court 'Right' Decision, Legal Analyst Says

"I think Trump is making the right decision to have no family in court. I think juries can see through the manipulative tactic of bringing family members to court as props to elicit their sympathy," {Former U.S. attorney and University of Michigan law professor Barbara } McQuade said. "A person who really loves their family would not subject them to the pain of listening to ugly accusations and evidence against him."

B/B

Surprise... Eric showed up in court yesterday to support his dad.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2024, 05:58:41 PM »

I started a thread/poll here
https://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=30483.0
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2024, 07:30:27 AM »
All those who say Team Biden is close to the middle are wrong. Team Biden is pushing
the radical trans agenda.

Team Biden has decided that trans (someone born with a penis) can play sports
against girls and if you don't let it happen, they will take your federal school funds.

Five Republican-led states sue over Biden’s new Title IX transgender protections
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/five-republican-led-states-sue-over-biden-s-new-title-ix-transgender-protections/ar-AA1nT4Nl

Biden's new Title IX rules bring back 'kangaroo courts.' They will hurt, not help, women.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/bidens-new-title-ix-rules-bring-back-kangaroo-courts-they-will-hurt-not-help-women/ar-AA1nNxOm

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2024, 12:58:02 PM »

Heck, even his wife and kids aren't there to support him in the courtroom...  IMO this says more than anything else we can toss around here.

In your opinion. OTOH:

Donald Trump's Family Skipping Court 'Right' Decision, Legal Analyst Says

"I think Trump is making the right decision to have no family in court. I think juries can see through the manipulative tactic of bringing family members to court as props to elicit their sympathy," {Former U.S. attorney and University of Michigan law professor Barbara } McQuade said. "A person who really loves their family would not subject them to the pain of listening to ugly accusations and evidence against him."

B/B

So first you find it deeply significant that none of his kids showed up, and now one did and you are trumpeting that as some sort of "thing"?

Which is it?

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online BC

« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2024, 01:22:49 PM »

So first you find it deeply significant that none of his kids showed up, and now one did and you are trumpeting that as some sort of "thing"?

Which is it?

B/B

I don't play the trumpet. At least one showed up for a day. Maybe others will?

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2024, 05:23:03 PM »
Joe Biden Met Nearly Every Foreign Associate Funneling His Family Millions

House Committee on Oversight and Accountability evidence uncovered through bank records
and witness testimony proves Joe Biden interacted with nearly all of his son Hunter Biden’s
foreign business associates. President Biden spoke by phone, attended dinners and meetings,
and had coffee with his son’s foreign business associates.

These individuals include Russian and Kazakhstani oligarchs, a Burisma executive, and Chinese
nationals who collectively funneled millions to his son.

Joe Biden knew about, participated in, and benefitted from his family’s corrupt business practices.
https://oversight.house.gov/blog/joe-biden-met-nearly-every-foreign-associate-funneling-his-family-millions%ef%bf%bc/

Online BC

« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2024, 05:20:54 AM »
Bill,

Any high crimes or misdemeanors? If so, why has Biden not been impeached?

He can be indicted if he has done anything illegal after his last term ends.

What do you expect is going to happen?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2024, 05:43:00 AM »
Bill,

In a fair legal system, he would be for breaking the law. He had classified top-secret documents in his garage. The 'but he's an old man' argument is bullsh*t
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online BC

« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2024, 07:27:37 AM »
Bill,

In a fair legal system, he would be for breaking the law. He had classified top-secret documents in his garage. The 'but he's an old man' argument is bullsh*t

The differences between Biden and Trump have been discussed. Boils down to willful intent and obstruction. But to make it easier for you to understand:

If I go through the self-service checkout at a store and forget to scan a case of beer on the bottom rack of the shopping cart and leave, I am technically stealing. If a store employee walks over and tells me of the error, I have two choices: say "oops," give it back and apologize for the mistake, or insist it is now mine and get charged for stealing.   Biden took the first option. Trump OTOH insisted the beer was now his, and after an extended argument, gave back a couple of beers while trying to hide the rest in his car.  Store employees called the cops, and the rest is history.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2024, 08:37:46 AM »
Bill,

The differences between Biden and Trump have been discussed. Boils down to willful intent and obstruction. But to make it easier for you to understand:

If I go through the self-service checkout at a store and forget to scan a case of beer on the bottom rack of the shopping cart and leave, I am technically stealing. If a store employee walks over and tells me of the error, I have two choices: say "oops," give it back and apologize for the mistake, or insist it is now mine and get charged for stealing.   Biden took the first option. Trump OTOH insisted the beer was now his, and after an extended argument, gave back a couple of beers while trying to hide the rest in his car.  Store employees called the cops, and the rest is history.

Lets stay on your analogy of your checkout counter:

Person 1: Was apprehended After checkout counter and was found hiding the beer. (He had already stolen it by now) and was told: pay now and be on your merry way old man.
Person 2: Was also apprehended after the checkout but his bags were searched without any legal representation present and the findings were kept secret. He didn't get the option to pay for it now.

see the class justice now ?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2024, 08:39:55 AM »
y
Bill,

BS!

Here’s the difference in this lame deflection. Biden first willfully shared the beer to a minor before getting caught and saying ‘oops I made a mistake.

Whereas Trump, having the power to declare any item free ‘even by just thinking about it’ automatically absolved himself of harboring or stealing any item.

Stupid as BC’s choice to try and minimize the fact Biden willfully shared classified information when he was a private citizen to the public, who then destroyed the evidence instead to avoid prosecutorial proceeding.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2024, 09:03:04 AM »
Bill,

If you absolutely positively knew that he was guilty, you would vote for him. The
elected Democrats will do the same. Retaining power is more important than any
law for the left.

To answer your question

Yes he has committed numerous crimes including accepting more than $20 million
in payments from foreign entities. He has never claimed any of this payola on his
tax returns, neither has a single member of his family.  That's a crime.

Romania: On September 28, 2015, Vice President Biden welcomed Romanian President Klaus
Iohannis to the White House. Within five weeks of this meeting, a Romanian businessman
involved with a high-profile corruption prosecution in Romania, Gabriel Popoviciu, began
depositing a Biden associate’s bank account, which ultimately made their way into Biden
family accounts.

Popoviciu made sixteen of the seventeen payments, totaling over $3 million, to the Biden
associate account while Joe Biden was Vice President.  Biden family accounts ultimately
received approximately $1.038 million.  The total amount from Romania to the Biden
family and their associates is over $3 million.

https://oversight.house.gov/the-bidens-influence-peddling-timeline/

Online BC

« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2024, 09:07:00 AM »
Markje,
Bodine,

Is the Engish language so difficult to comprehend?

It is not our role to assess the criminal charges pending against Mr. Trump, but several
material distinctions between Mr. Trump's case and Mr. Biden's are clear. Unlike the evidence
involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if proven, would
present serious aggravating facts.

Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents
and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite.
According
to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but
he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about
it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and
the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations, including his
homes, and sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways, cooperated with the
investigation.

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2024, 09:11:59 AM »
How many of the Bidens filed a form 5471, Joe didn't, Hunter didn't.

Article from the ABA
IRS Can Audit for Three Years, Six, or Forever: Here's How to Tell

IRS Form 5471. Ownership of part of a foreign corporation can trigger extra reporting,
including filing an IRS Form 5471.

It is an understatement to say that this form is important. Failing to file it means penalties,
generally $10,000 per form. A separate penalty can apply to each Form 5471 filed late,
incompletely, or inaccurately. This penalty can apply even if no tax is due on the whole
tax return. That is harsh, but the rule about the statute of limitations is even more harsh:
If you fail to file a required Form 5471, your entire tax return remains open for audit indefinitely.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/resources/business-law-today/2017-august/irs-can-audit-for-three-years/

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2024, 09:22:39 AM »
Markje,
Bodine,

Is the English language so difficult to comprehend?

Is article two of the US Constitution so difficult to understand?

"The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

Please read it and tell me how others can tell the president that he can't declassify anything
he wants by waving his hand. Congress can't write laws that usurp his presidential powers.
Neither can some functionary in some other department.

They can't ex-post facto reclassify documents that he previously waived his hand over.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2024, 09:44:22 AM »
The differences between Biden and Trump have been discussed.

I started a new thread here
https://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=30487.new#new

Online 2tallbill

Offline Bodine

« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2024, 12:25:40 PM »
Markje,
Bodine,

You tell me, BC

Quote from: Hur Investigation - Executive Summary
Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen.

These materials included (1) marked classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan, and (2) notebooks containing Mr. Biden's handwritten entries about issues of national security and foreign policy implicating sensitive intelligence sources and methods. FBI agents recovered these materials from the garage, offices, and basement den in Mr. Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home.

The special counsel found that Russia did interfere with the election, but “did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

As far as obstruction, the Mueller report laid out facts on both sides but did not reach a conclusion. Barr’s letter said that “the Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

Maybe you're the better person to answer your own question.

These Democrat-driven political witch hunt, which you fully supports, is simply just that.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2024, 12:33:22 PM »
Markje,
Bodine,

It is not our role to assess the criminal charges pending against Mr. Trump, but several
material distinctions between Mr. Trump's case and Mr. Biden's are clear. Unlike the evidence
involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if proven, would
present serious aggravating facts.

Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents
and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According
to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but
he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about
it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and
the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations, including his
homes, and sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways, cooperated with the
investigation.

Let's see, Biden's investigation resulted in finding evidence he in fact committed a crime involving sensitive information to national security...

Yet, you trumpet Trump's case despite the fact you neglect or ignore one key 'English' word in your silly quote - 'ALLEGEDLY'

Oxford:

al·leg·ed·ly  /əˈlejədlē/
- adverb

used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

Do keep up, BC.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2024, 02:53:55 PM »
Markje,
Bodine,

Karma can be so wicked at times... :)

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2024, 05:03:57 PM »
Bill,

Sara Biden writes a check to Joe for $40,000 there was another check for $200,000. 
https://oversight.house.gov/release/comer-releases-evidence-of-direct-payment-to-joe-biden/

See page 9
https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Fourth-Bank-Records-Memo.pdf

They have wire transfers to and from, who and where the money originated. Crooked Joe

There is no mention of this in anyone's tax returns.

If a single Elected Democrat cared about these crimes, Joe would be toast.
However not a single one cares about him taking payola.

Online BC

« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2024, 01:35:03 AM »

Let's see, Biden's investigation resulted in finding evidence he in fact committed a crime involving sensitive information to national security...

Yet, you trumpet Trump's case despite the fact you neglect or ignore one key 'English' word in your silly quote - 'ALLEGEDLY'

Oxford:

- adverb

used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

Do keep up, BC.

For legal matters, best to use a legal dictionary like Black's, Bodine: 

ALLEGED
Stated; recited; claimed; asserted ; charged.

https://thelawdictionary.org/

Online BC

« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2024, 01:36:11 AM »
Markje,
Bodine,

Karma can be so wicked at times... :)

Thanks for the chuckle Bodine :)

Offline Bodine

« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2024, 05:41:10 AM »

Oxford:

- adverb

Do keep up, BC.

For legal matters, best to use a legal dictionary like Black's, Bodine: 

ALLEGED
Stated; recited; claimed; asserted ; charged.

https://thelawdictionary.org/

An allegation, lawful term or otherwise, is simply that. A claim in absence of any evidentiary presentation. “Innocent…until proven…guilty”

So do you now understand?