The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Team Biden/Harris  (Read 11818 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Team Biden/Harris
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:31:00 AM »
With Team Biden Harris and the lunatic left at the wheel, will the
American people finally realize that the left are incapable of governing?

Hasn't Team Biden along with their merry band of left wingers in congress
shown by now that they can't fix anything, they can't run anything and that
100% of their solutions will make the problems worse?

Am I too harsh? Can you think of something the Dem's are good at? If so
please post about it.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 12:01:23 PM »
Left/Right = false dichotomy.

What you have is a broken system that is taken advantage of by (largely but not entirely) unelected rentiers.

Both the major parties have a vested interest in the continuation of the system even if stakeholders might not agree with specific matters that they come across or have to agree with/vote for.

Look at it this way, how many long term senators or congresspeople leave office no better off than they entered?
How many presidents in the past three decades left office less wealthy than when they entered?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 12:52:38 PM »
Not having a vote only lets me comment, but I think USA folks
need to think about this. You have 365 + million people
and the two best canidates you have is Biden and Trump
and you argue over this, just think about that.

In fairness we have nothing but idiots here, so your not alone.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised with Trump's performance, before the pandemic re-defined his presidency.  He had the Taliban under control in Afghanistan with 2500 troops backed by ~6K NATO troops, he had reoriented the supply chain away from China and back toward North America, the economy was booming, unemployment was low, especially for minorities and he, the billionaire with the gold bathroom fixtures at Mar a Lago actually moved the GINI coefficient. 

But, y'know, "mean tweets" so the Libtards tossed away Peace and Prosperity for disaster in Afghanistan and at the border, pissing off our NATO allies when it was totally optional, etc., etc.

The good news is that Biden is such a disaster that the GOP could run a rotting corpse against, well the rotting corpse that is Joe Biden and win.  He is so clearly mentally incapable now that even the media (aka his base) isn't playin nice with him anymore. 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:03:39 PM »
Yea the rotten corpse very well may win but I do not think Trump will. I hope that tells you something.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 08:11:47 AM »

Yeppers. If that isn't a sign of a broken system then I don't know what is.

I remember a few years ago when Gary Hart was torpedoed in his campaign for president that I came to the conclusion that very few good men, that is people good enough to be effective presidents, could survive the campaign.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/was-gary-hart-set-up/570802/

Almost anybody who has achieved anything in life will have done stuff they regret, or that can be presented in a negative light.

The only people who would stand for president would be puppets, people who have never done anything in their lives, or sociopaths (who might also be puppets or incompetents). None of those things is good.

Look at Trump. Given what came out about him, I think we can agree that the guy has lived a squeaky clean life, yet look at the mountains made out of molehills in an attempt to discredit him.

OK, I could never stand as president of the United States, but in the case it was possible - I would not do it. I would not want the unnecessary and negative scrutiny on my life and upon those around me. And, I have never been accused of a crime, lived a pretty blameless life, but I know there's stuff that I'd not want to see twisted around and exaggerated.

So, who'd go for the job? Sociopaths and incompetents. None of those are good indicators for good presidents.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »
Andrew, Trump has not lived a clean life by most standards. Actually I could not believe after all the stuff this guy has done he could still be president. Many shaded real estate deals. He often got investors, promoted a deal and if it work he made millions and if it was a loser the investors lost. He had a number of losers. Trump university where students paid 30 k to learn nothing of any use. Then there were condo buyers that lost their money over uncompleted units where the condo company went bankrupt. A long list of unpaid sub contractors.  Contestants on his TV show were hit on. Other women claimed they were hit on also. History with prostitutes. 

Then looking at the stuff Biden had been involved in not much better. Our female vice president is because of what was needed to get women's group to look the other way over his shady past with women. Then there is Ukraine and China which separate stories.

The trouble Gary Heart had he just told reporters on TV that he was not doing anything and dared them to find evidence other wise during the campaign. It was only a few days later they got him getting off the charter Yacht call Monkey Business with a young girl. I think most of the public felt he was just stupid to let that happen during the campaign. Did we want anyone that obvious as president?

Clinton has a long history with women before he was president also. Five dead reporters in Arkansas investigation him and another dead partner who someone killed maybe a hit. These murders un solved. Bad real estate deals and cover ups. The Clintons, both of them, not nice people.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online BC

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 10:08:38 AM »
IMO it's not about winning, but instead who is capable of either motivating a normally non-voting portion of folks, and/or not turning off a portion of voters so they don't feel it's worth voting.

Trump was able to do the former, 'awaken' a new 'base', but with all the goings-on and shenanigans, some of that may be lost if he runs, along with having lost a lot of moderate GOP support. Unlikely they vote Dem in the future, but may not vote at all.

Dems, surprised by the Trump win, managed to come out in force last time.  If Trump wins the GOP nomination for 2024, you can bet turnout will be huge.

If Trump gets spurned in the primaries, and tries to run as an independent against a GOP candidate, Neither will have a chance.  He is compelled to run more than for political reasons, as winning would help further delay any legal woes, and possibly influence a new DOJ head to work on his behalf again, besides bestowing pardon powers.  A dangerous combination apt to ruin the already tarnished GOP.

Mainstream GOP finds itself between a rock and a hard place. 

So yeah, if nothing more exciting comes up, Biden will win again.

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 10:11:58 AM »
The good news is that Biden is such a disaster that the GOP could run a rotting corpse against, well the rotting corpse that is Joe Biden and win.  He is so clearly mentally incapable now that even the media (aka his base) isn't playin nice with him anymore. 

B/B

The GOP establishment will try to trot out some inarticulate total loser
who has no idea how conservatism works like they did with Jeb Bush,
Romney, McCain, GW Bush, Bob Dole, GWB Bush and the GOP will
lose again.

The press who be just as hateful with whoever the GOP nominates. The
treatment they gave Trump is the new normal. They have forever stopped
pretending to be unbiased. They will all rally around Biden if he ever actually
runs for something ever again.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »
IMO it's not about winning, but instead who is capable of either motivating a normally non-voting portion of folks, and/or not turning off a portion of voters so they don't feel it's worth voting.

Trump was able to do the former, 'awaken' a new 'base', but with all the goings-on and shenanigans, some of that may be lost if he runs, along with having lost a lot of moderate GOP support. Unlikely they vote Dem in the future, but may not vote at all.

Dems, surprised by the Trump win, managed to come out in force last time.  If Trump wins the GOP nomination for 2024, you can bet turnout will be huge.

If Trump gets spurned in the primaries, and tries to run as an independent against a GOP candidate, Neither will have a chance.  He is compelled to run more than for political reasons, as winning would help further delay any legal woes, and possibly influence a new DOJ head to work on his behalf again, besides bestowing pardon powers.  A dangerous combination apt to ruin the already tarnished GOP.

Mainstream GOP finds itself between a rock and a hard place. 

So yeah, if nothing more exciting comes up, Biden will win again.

Of course it's about winning. It's a debate about the errors of political left
vs the pragmatic solutions of the political right.

The elected Dem's want to dismantle the police, have totally open borders,
unchecked crime in the cities, high taxes, onerous regulations and more
control over the populous. They want education to be about wokeness and
party purity rather than learning.

0% of the elected left's ideas will actually help Americans. They will stifle
the economy and promote crime, especially violent crime.

I don't want Trump to run again.

Online BC

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »

Yet he will.  He'll let GOP know he IS their pick, like it or not, or he'll run independent, taking what's left of his base with him out of spite, suicide for both.  He needs the presidency back so badly to save his @ss, and those around him.  Until then, he will attempt to draw out every court case against him past 2024 and will run even if he is convicted of something and sits in jail. 

He has nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

He suckered the GOP, and they are now his political cuckold.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 07:46:44 PM »
lose again.

I'm hoping for DeSantis.

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 02:18:10 AM »

Yet he will.  He'll let GOP know he IS their pick, like it or not, or he'll run independent, taking what's left of his base with him out of spite, suicide for both.  He needs the presidency back so badly to save his @ss, and those around him.  Until then, he will attempt to draw out every court case against him past 2024 and will run even if he is convicted of something and sits in jail. 

He would have to win the primary which isn't a sure thing. Your
belief that he did something illegal or that he should be continually
investigated to see if he ever did anything wrong is pure lunacy.

The Russia hoax went on long enough and though it all they never
found anything he did that was remotely illegal. Zero people were
convicted of collusion.

Liberal Russell Brand on the Russian hoax

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »

That sounds exactly as Rachel Maddow would have said it. She, like you are completely delusional and stuck on the narrative. She makes millions doing it, whats in it for you? Trump has no need to "save his ass", from what? More attacks from the left, the DNC and the Hillary campaign? You are blinded and out of touch politically BC. As the radical left continues to implement policies damaging to America and followed by the radical right. The left and right of center is getting is getting fed up with it. There is currently a war going on and if your head wasn't stuck so far up your rectum parroting the narrative you'd realize that.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 11:54:17 AM »

You can use increasingly insulting words to describe the right but it won't
make them true.

He was the first GOP president to fight back against the constant onslaught
of the left. All future GOP presidents will have to do the same, this is the new
normal from the left. 85-90% negative articles, fake news, covering up and
excuses for the political left.

You don't/didn't care that both Hillary and Biden are crooks. You projected that
Trump is/was the same.

Offline yankee

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2021, 12:19:49 PM »
lose again.

I'm hoping for DeSantis.

B/B

I would support him in a heart beat.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Texan77

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
DeSantis is too extreme to get elected. You will need to find someone who the middle ground people will vote for and the democrat do not overly hate or it will be four more years of Biden.  The Republican party does not have enough moderates left to get such a person through the primary process. Because of this I have little hope for 2024.  Biden was a moderate for a democrat and if the republicans can not find one they will just lose.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 07:17:12 AM »
DeSantis is too extreme to get elected.

Stop watching PMSNBC.  DeSantis is entirely within the realm of civilized society.  The media had be ripping him - and 60 Minutes openly LYING - because the libs are TERRIFIED of him.  That's why NY's (now former) rapey Governor (aka Florida Realtor of the Year) talked about him so much, even though NY was #2 in infections at the time and FL was 26th.

You will need to find someone who the middle ground people will vote for and the democrat do not overly hate or it will be four more years of Biden.

Biden is a DISASTER.  He's Jimmy Carter, Part II, the Malaise Continues.  The electorate has changed since 1980, but if the GOP puts up DeSantis (or another conservative who isn't a wacko) then they will have a good chance of winning.

Biden was a moderate for a democrat and if the republicans can not find one they will just lose.

Biden certainly isn't GOVERNING like a moderate.

B/B

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
Yea the rotten corpse very well may win but I do not think Trump will. I hope that tells you something.

Sure it does, it tells me that I should ignore your opinion.
I would prefer Trump over another Bush or a Mittens Romney.
I would not prefer Trump over Rand Paul or Ron DeSantis.

The next GOP nominee is going to be attacked just as relentlessly
as Trump was. I am sick and tired of candidates trying to act presidential.
I want someone who will fight back.

Udachi!

Bill

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 09:11:40 AM »
lose again.

I'm hoping for DeSantis.

B/B

I would support him in a heart beat.

+10

Offline Texan77

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »

Sure it does, it tells me that I should ignore your opinion.
I would prefer Trump over another Bush or a Mittens Romney.
I would not prefer Trump over Rand Paul or Ron DeSantis.

The next GOP nominee is going to be attacked just as relentlessly
as Trump was. I am sick and tired of candidates trying to act presidential.
I want someone who will fight back.

Udachi!

Bill

Do you prefer Biden for eight years and the Ms Harris for another eight years??? Because that is the choice!

Online 2tallbill

Team Biden/Harris
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2021, 09:47:49 AM »
Do you prefer Biden for eight years and the Ms Harris for another eight years???
Because that is the choice!

False argument fallacy: This common fallacy misleads by presenting complex
issues in terms of two inherently opposed sides. Instead of acknowledging that
most (if not all) issues can be thought of on a spectrum of possibilities and
stances, the false dilemma fallacy asserts that there are only two mutually
exclusive outcomes.

This fallacy is particularly problematic because it can lend false credence to
extreme stances, ignoring opportunities for compromise or chances to
re-frame the issue in a new way.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
Do you prefer Biden for eight years and the Ms Harris for another eight years???
Because that is the choice!

False argument fallacy: This common fallacy misleads by presenting complex
issues in terms of two inherently opposed sides. Instead of acknowledging that
most (if not all) issues can be thought of on a spectrum of possibilities and
stances, the false dilemma fallacy asserts that there are only two mutually
exclusive outcomes.

This fallacy is particularly problematic because it can lend false credence to
extreme stances, ignoring opportunities for compromise or chances to
re-frame the issue in a new way.

Trump types are not going to get elected going forward. Just see what happens in 2024 as it is shaping up to be a disaster for republicans.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
Trump types are not going to get elected going forward. Just see what happens in 2024 as it is shaping up to be a disaster for republicans.

What pray tell is your definition of a Trump type?

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 11:24:45 AM »
Just see what happens in 2024 as it is shaping up to be a disaster for republicans.

We don't have to wait till 2024 to start reading political tea leaves, they are
having congressional midterm elections in 2022.