The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How much of the info here is still valid?  (Read 6697 times)

Online Guile

Re: How much of the info here is still valid?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2021, 12:07:29 PM »
My final trip before covid shutdowns was to Europe with some male friends of mine. We hit London Amsterdam and Copenhagen.  In each city we hit the bars and chatted up
The ladies.  Did we find love or a relationship? No of course not. Ha. But was it fun? Heck yes.  I suggest any single man take a short trip to the FSU strictly to check it out. No expectations! If in your travels you do connect with someone great!

But don't make that your end goal.  And then with your new found travel experience hit your local dating scene with a renewed sense of purpose.   You'd be surprised with the options we all still have in our home countries.

That's how travel should be! just have fun and see what happens...I worked in London for a time, problem is British girls aren't so hot haha. But there's so many expats in London you'll find what you want. alot of eastern europeans, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian... any country that is part of the EU. but now with Brexit that might change.

If you go to Russia, I'd go to Moscow or St Petes. the other cities will be a hassle if you don't speak Russian. and even if you do it will be a bit hard as they don't encounter foreigners unless they are from the "stans", Kazak, uzbez, tajik...and they are looked down upon as 2nd class.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2021, 01:11:37 PM »
NS1, if you don't understand something, just ask a question. I'm sure that screed took quite a while to peck out on your laptop.

I was referring to your comment about similarities in the course that Steve and I followed.
I am sure that even you, when you think about it, would have to agree that I am likely to know more about my own history than you do.

However, NS1, when you show yourself to be so, special, it is kinda hard for me to give you much credence. The chances are that in a push I would wager on myself rather than you or other very similar people.

Try not to jump to conclusions, it is clear that you jump neither high nor far.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2021, 03:18:49 PM »
NS1, if you don't understand something, just ask a question. I'm sure that screed took quite a while to peck out on your laptop.

I was referring to your comment about similarities in the course that Steve and I followed.
I am sure that even you, when you think about it, would have to agree that I am likely to know more about my own history than you do.

However, NS1, when you show yourself to be so, special, it is kinda hard for me to give you much credence. The chances are that in a push I would wager on myself rather than you or other very similar people.

Try not to jump to conclusions, it is clear that you jump neither high nor far.

See Andrew your so predictable its sad, you want the fight, because your you.
I never compared yours and Steves stories, It was a reference to comment before.
I guess as you would say, if you don't understand ask, or get your caretaker to help you.
Age  has a way. So I guess in the end its you who are special, your welcome for the compliment :)
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online Guile

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2021, 05:28:08 PM »
andrew how's your Estonian these days?  :chuckle: :chuckle:  I sure hope not as bad as your Chinese or Russian.  :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2021, 02:11:05 AM »
 NS1, this is what you wrote.
Andrew it seems Steve's story flies in the face of what your saying.
Has nothing, had a women, made it work

You were wrong and for the reasons I gave.

Jumping through hoops afterward does you no favours. As noted already, you are not well suited to jumping.

Guile, all pretty poor but then I make no claims in that regard, except to note in passing the problems that arise from a lack of fluency. Was there a point you were struggling to make? If so, please spit it out. Oh, my German, Swahili and Sami are also deficient.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2021, 09:47:16 AM »
what did you think of former board member "Ed" who ran a service to get westerners married to Russian women.  I think it was called realrussianmatch.com   I worked with him back in 2007 but never had the discipline or guts to follow through. I'm still in contact with him. But back to your assessment. What do you think of his service ? He told me many of his former clients are still married raising children. He also told me that he found the most success in more rural parts of Russia. In smaller towns.

I met Ed while in FL with my wife one time. He was a nice guy, but on the board here he did make some claims that were, shall we say, gilding the lily somewhat. When engaged in discussion about those claims, he tended to get over-emotional and threads would soon descend into folderol. He last appeared four years ago.

His service was for a certain type of bloke who didn't feel able to do it himself. That service would have value to some, but conversely, those types of chaps often arent right for this.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2021, 12:25:40 PM »
Long story short, we're still together. I go to the UK as much as I can (covid-19 really messed up our plans) and we will likely end up living together in the UK and later Spain.

Well that's good news.  I hope it works out for you.  You've had a few rough goes (as have we all).

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2021, 01:29:19 PM »
How much of the info here is still valid?  Basically it is like this..

Russian brides, mail order brides, Russian women marry at a young age , Russian women do anything for a green card, Russian marriage agencies and all the fairy stories that go with it and Some are still trying to sell you the idea are totally finished.. It does not exist anymore..

I guess you could say it has been repackaged and branded now as JUST International Dating And International dating is here for the foreseeable future for sure..there are a fair few differences with International dating but the main one is time scale..

International dating is no different to dating local except 100 times more expensive usually. And International dating takes time now, 3/4/5/6/7 and even more years to find a partner .. of course it does! Do you think it is possible to date local in your city and find a women to marry with a set time ? 1 month? 6 months..12 months? When you date local how many partners are you likely to have, then find out it did not work out, how many times will you date a local girl for 12 months then split up? International dating is no different just you got to travel multiple times for maybe many years to find your love just like dating local.

One thing has changed and that is the women, they are no longer urgently seeking to leave their country unless big love comes along.. especially young women..

So be ready for the long long haul..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »

Russian brides, mail order brides, Russian women marry at a young age , Russian women do anything for a green card, Russian marriage agencies and all the fairy stories that go with it and Some are still trying to sell you the idea are totally finished.. It does not exist anymore..

I guess you could say it has been repackaged and branded now as JUST International Dating And International dating is here for the foreseeable future for sure..there are a fair few differences with International dating but the main one is time scale..

International dating is no different to dating local except 100 times more expensive usually. And International dating takes time now, 3/4/5/6/7 and even more years to find a partner .. of course it does! Do you think it is possible to date local in your city and find a women to marry with a set time ? 1 month? 6 months..12 months? When you date local how many partners are you likely to have, then find out it did not work out, how many times will you date a local girl for 12 months then split up? International dating is no different just you got to travel multiple times for maybe many years to find your love just like dating local.

One thing has changed and that is the women, they are no longer urgently seeking to leave their country unless big love comes along.. especially young women..

This is summed up perfectly well. It's a mic drop on this entire topic. Hammer meet nail! Ha. The only variables are how eager the parties are. I guess if you meet a modest woman in a remote village and she meets a man determined to marry as soon as practically possible than yes. But people are the same everywhere. No one jumps into marriage easily anymore.  There's enough cautionary train wreck stories to dissuade people from that.  For those that can move to and thrive in the FSU well Godspeed !

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »

This is summed up perfectly well. It's a mic drop on this entire topic. Hammer meet nail! Ha. The only variables are how eager the parties are. I guess if you meet a modest woman in a remote village and she meets a man determined to marry as soon as practically possible than yes. But people are the same everywhere. No one jumps into marriage easily anymore.  There's enough cautionary train wreck stories to dissuade people from that.  For those that can move to and thrive in the FSU well Godspeed !

Thats what you get with over decade of running one of the best Eastern European dating sites on the net today.. tiphat
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2021, 07:02:58 AM »
Long story short, we're still together. I go to the UK as much as I can (covid-19 really messed up our plans) and we will likely end up living together in the UK and later Spain.

Well that's good news.  I hope it works out for you.  You've had a few rough goes (as have we all).

B/B

Thanks, yes, there have been setbacks and adventures. But very few regrets along the way.

Offline AJ

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2021, 09:22:55 PM »
  I have an aquantence on an agency*  tour of socials* in Ukraine right now.
It caught me completely by surprise when he told me where he was,  I had zero idea any of those agencies still operated in any real capacity, much less organizing tours and socials still.

Absolutely do not do those(I am sure you wouldn't)

And I mostly mentioned it as the old timers here might be amused that it still exists in any capacity.
I thought that particular aspect of the mob agencies was  gone  more than 15 years ago.

:dh:

Anyway, first time I've dropped in here in ages.
Hope you all are well :)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »
  I have an aquantence on an agency*  tour of socials* in Ukraine right now.
It caught me completely by surprise when he told me where he was,  I had zero idea any of those agencies still operated in any real capacity, much less organizing tours and socials still.

Absolutely do not do those(I am sure you wouldn't)

And I mostly mentioned it as the old timers here might be amused that it still exists in any capacity.
I thought that particular aspect of the mob agencies was  gone  more than 15 years ago.

:dh:

Anyway, first time I've dropped in here in ages.
Hope you all are well :)

OMG!!! Mr. AJ!!!!!
So glad you are back in one peace!
How's your beautiful daughter? Or you have two at this time?   :)

Offline Valenki

• Spouses Country: Czecho-SLOVAKIA
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2021, 02:58:38 AM »
How much of the info here is still valid?
It is almost impossible to keep the info "up to date" on this forum. Things change from one year to the next one and sometimes they change from one month to the next one.

The best thing you can do with such a forum is read what others have said "just to get a feel for it" and if several posters are in agreement on any one point then you can use it as a guideline but make sure you hear what the latest word is. As far as travel documents are concerned, you just have to rely upon the various embassies' official rules and only deviate from those rules if you have got reliable advice from more than one forum member on how to circumnavigate those rules.  I have acquired several things in my travels that are "legal" but I achieved them by "illegal " means.  :reading:
Free The Peoples Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
How much of the info here is still valid?
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
I guess if you meet a modest woman in a remote village and she meets a man determined to marry as soon as practically possible than yes. But people are the same everywhere. No one jumps into marriage easily anymore.  There's enough cautionary train wreck stories to dissuade people from that.  For those that can move to and thrive in the FSU well Godspeed !

There is no meeting of modest women in remote villages. They get married when
they are young, have zero English, education and look 60 years old when they are

You are 44? Go to Omsk or Novosibirsk and find a 35-38 year old. Once Russian
women reach a certain age Russian men start treating them like milk past the
due date. Yes, they would be happy to bang them and lay on their couch getting
waited on hand and foot but they are NEVER going to marry them. They will be
laying on a different couch in a month or so.

If you are looking at 35-40 you can find a hot Russian woman. If you are looking
for 25-30 you can find a woman who might harvest your kidneys for a new pair of
boots.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Valenki

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »
I guess if you meet a modest woman in a remote village and she meets a man determined to marry as soon as practically possible than yes. But people are the same everywhere. No one jumps into marriage easily anymore.  There's enough cautionary train wreck stories to dissuade people from that.  For those that can move to and thrive in the FSU well Godspeed !

There is no meeting of modest women in remote villages. They get married when
they are young, have zero English, education and look 60 years old when they are

You are 44? Go to Omsk or Novosibirsk and find a 35-38 year old. Once Russian
women reach a certain age Russian men start treating them like milk past the
due date. Yes, they would be happy to bang them and lay on their couch getting
waited on hand and foot but they are NEVER going to marry them. They will be
laying on a different couch in a month or so.

If you are looking at 35-40 you can find a hot Russian woman. If you are looking
for 25-30 you can find a woman who might harvest your kidneys for a new pair of
boots.
There are still 20/30-year-old-women (particularly in Siberia) who've never been kissed. As far as how to meet honest women that you can do in many places. For example, at the railway station café or ... waiting for the električka which is how I met my wife in Slovakia. Mind you, I wasn’t looking for a woman so the encounter was relaxed and without expectation.

Eastern women are easy to impress as long as you aren’t flaunting yourself or obviously trying to impress them. But if you are looking for a “quick fix” then there are plenty of scammers and prostitutes who will be happy to take your money.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »
I have acquired several things in my travels that are "legal" but I achieved them by "illegal " means. 

No doubt. You can do it. I believe!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2021, 12:58:21 PM »
If you are looking for 25-30 you can find a woman who might harvest your kidneys for a new pair of boots.

Is it a Halloween weekend?  :ROFL:

Offline AJ

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2021, 03:26:10 PM »
If you are looking for 25-30 you can find a woman who might harvest your kidneys for a new pair of boots.

Is it a Halloween weekend?  :ROFL:
🤣

Maybe!!

Offline AJ

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »

OMG!!! Mr. AJ!!!!!
So glad you are back in one peace!
How's your beautiful daughter? Or you have two at this time?   :)

Hi Orchid!

Our daughter is 7yo now and doing very well :)
No,no, :) we  have not expanded our family further.

I tried to add a recent photo but it did not work.perhaps the file was too large ,i'm not sure.

We celebrated our 10th anniversary in October and all is well,just crazy busy :)

I see a few familiar names,so I'm glad I stopped by.

Offline Valenki

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2021, 01:04:21 AM »
I have acquired several things in my travels that are "legal" but I achieved them by "illegal " means. 

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2021, 07:06:42 AM »

Your struggle with logic and association was concerning from the very beginning.
Even more concerning to get things that are legal and available for everyone by illegal means.
I do not expect your demented mind to comprehend what I say.

Offline Valenki

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2021, 07:51:06 AM »
Your struggle with logic and association was concerning from the very beginning.
You don't feel very good I can see. Your mind is a labyrinth of jumbled issues that you are unable to sort out.

Even more concerning to get things that are legal and available for everyone by illegal means.
Keep that thought for a minute and read the next part  >>>>>
I do not expect your demented mind to comprehend what I say.
Let us see how much you comprehend of what I am about to tell you. 

You don't believe that you can achieve legal matters by illegal means? There are many examples of doing exactly that. Shall I give you one example and see if "your demented mind can comprehend it"? Once you have a visa in your passport .... it is legal. Do you understand that so far? But if you've lied, withheld information, or fiddled with your passport in order to get that visa, it is then an illegal means to procure it. I have done many such things to get this and that but if I tell you much more I am sure that you'll suffer a severe panic attack. 

I know this is very difficult for you to understand :drunk:  but it is your fault. Selective ignorance is the very worst kind.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »

You don't believe that you can achieve legal matters by illegal means?
I have done many such things to get this and that...

Tell me more. I am waiting.

Offline Valenki

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2021, 08:19:17 AM »

You don't believe that you can achieve legal matters by illegal means?
I have done many such things to get this and that...

Tell me more. I am waiting.
Did you understand the first part?

Registration