The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How much of the info here is still valid?  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: How much of the info here is still valid?
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »
How old are you?
You've shot your last bolt then.

I was wrong about the age. It seems you’re actually a retard of sorts.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »
.... You admit to lying in almost every reply .....
You have an extraordinary fantasy.

And you are an ordinary liar/bull shitter.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2021, 01:16:27 PM »

You don't believe that you can achieve legal matters by illegal means?
I have done many such things to get this and that...

Tell me more. I am waiting.
Did you understand the first part?

Are you wetting your pants already?
Wrong answer.
 Admit it, you don't understand the first part.

It was not an answer. It was a question.
Put your glasses on, change your pants, make yourself comfortable... and answer my question.

For the lost and demented mind I formulate the question again:
What kind of illegal things have you done to get legal things?
That's the wrong answer as well.
Is my question too difficult for you? Yes, I thought it would be.

You are a coward.
Ignorant, bewildered, and an uneducated coward. But... pretty much predictable.
Now you have an answer to why you cannot find a connection with your wife.
She has buit a wall to protect her sanity.

Boom!!  :ROFL: :ROFL: tiphat

Welcome back Orchid.

Offline matador22

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »
Given that I moved overseas and made a go of it, I should be the last one to say 'don't do it' but moving country is a tough row to hoe.
The first question to ask and answer is: How rich are you?

The days of pulling a well-paid job in Russia by walking off the street with a foreign passport and a degree are two decades in the past.

You could become an itinerant teacher of English (a common course for the unsuited and under-qualified) it is still a popular choice. But that means working on the black, without proper residency. Acquiring the qualifications to gain status is not easy.

That means you need to be wealthy enough to be able to afford to take years out of your life and live well enough to be able to provide justification to a woman that you are not just another broke foreigner.

So, we're back to 'How rich are you?'

And what when you snag your woman?

Where are you going to live? Is she going to be the long-term breadwinner while you live in the poverty of bread, tea and plum jam in an 8-floor apartment block that permanently smells of piss and vomit?

If you're planning to go back to your home country, what's there for you now after several years away? Career permanently bolloxed. No money, no home, no assets.

And your new darling. She met you in her home country, in her home environment. Now you're going to pull a fast one and try to drag her back to your country - to a no job, no home, away from her friends and family future? She fell in love (we hope) with a bloke who was willing to give it all up to come to her country to find love. That's the deal you made, even if you told her you planned to move back to Canada, your actions told her something else.

Women are the same everywhere. It is normal. They don't want to settle down with a pauper with no options in life apart from the brand of plum jam he puts in his tea. So, there's you the 'man on a budget'. What can you offer to a woman? No job, no language, no money. Yup, you're a great catch.

There's pretty much only one way to make this work. You have to have, or acquire, a skillset that enables you to earn 'rich country money' in a relatively poor country. But Russia on a decent standard of living is not so inexpensive.

Every single one of the people I know who have managed to live long-term in Russia, Ukraine, Czechia, or here have all had one thing in common: They could earn money at rich country rates while living in a relatively cheap country (or they had a decent pension before they made the change). All bar one of the itinerant teachers of English I have met all jacked it in. Only one is still at it - and frankly, I have no idea as to how well he is doing. I hope he is doing as well as he'd like people to believe.

Oh, I forgot for a moment. One guy made a deal of money for a time running a cam-whoring studio in his apartment. But he was still earning rich country money from (mainly) American onanists. His cam-whores worked for a pittance and a place to have a shower.

So, do you want to balls up your life for something that can be done better where you already are?

Watching videos made by blokes who make their money by tricking poor old fantasists like cufflinks and his younger peers is not going to show you anything useful. Those videos are wank fodder for dreamers.

Moving to another country is not something you do for a shag.
Moving to another country is not something you do without good intelligence, carefully acquired with good desk research followed by good on the ground reconnaissance.
Moving to another country is not something you do without adequate resources.
Moving to another country is not something you do without a plan.

Moving to another country without having everything sorted, including your exit strategy, does only one thing: it makes you a refugee - with all the status and pulling power that role carries.

I just came back to reread this entire thread.  so many good nuggets of wise information gained from decades of board members' experiences.  this comment right here by Andrewfi should be pinned for all time.  anytime I start daydreaming about russia I read this and come right back to reality. hah bravo!

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2022, 01:33:32 AM »
Top 30 Largest Cities in Russia by Population

To be helpfull to new and old people too and visitors hopping to find love in Russia,

I just come accross the video below with a lot of good infromation and video cover.age for people never visited Russia to get a picture about 30 towns and cities in the country.

Also old people can enjoy the views and information in English! ;D

Enjoy the views!

:) tiphat

PS: I was already a pensioner when I travelled to Russia 20 years ago!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2022, 08:42:57 AM »
Lets get REAL...

Panic in Ukraine? Zaporozhye: Saturday afternoon before possible Russian invasion

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2022, 09:44:43 AM »
That was a good video Cufflinks, thank you. This one is a lot better as it has girls in Bikini on what is the Ukrainian part of Crimea still under their control. Very cool footage of the Arbat spit. About half way in he is at a music festival which is called Wave Festival. Again lots of attractive women in skimpy costumes. At the end of the video they go to Biruchy Island which is a pristine nature preserve with a light house.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2022, 09:49:04 AM »
Conty - let's get real you are infatuated by Anzhela's Breast Strapped Bondage Dress so she could compete with other hotties at the UA Sex Music Festival....

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2022, 12:09:40 PM »
Conty - let's get real you are infatuated by Anzhela's Breast Strapped Bondage Dress so she could compete with other hotties at the UA Sex Music Festival....

No. While she's attractive she isn't really my type.

I was more into the pristine Island they visited, that is more my type of stuff to check out.

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2022, 02:28:24 PM »
Top 30 Largest Cities in Russia by Population

To be helpfull to new and old people too and visitors hopping to find love in Russia,

I just come accross the video below with a lot of good infromation and video cover.age for people never visited Russia to get a picture about 30 towns and cities in the country.

Also old people can enjoy the views and information in English! ;D

Enjoy the views!

:) tiphat

PS: I was already not a pensioner when I travelled to Russia 20 years ago!

Correction of an errror..... was early morning! Sorry!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!