The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: No quarantine needed in Russia now for Brits arriving  (Read 679 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
No quarantine needed in Russia now for Brits arriving
« on: September 03, 2021, 08:02:37 AM »
Maybe useful for a few, there is no need to quarantine now when arriving in Russia from the UK..

https://tass.ru/obschestvo/12297483

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: No quarantine needed in Russia now for Brits arriving
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:41:58 PM »
Steve

As we fly tomorrow i could kiss you for this information

Cheers Chap  :party0011: :party0011: tiphat :thumbsup: ;D ;D
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:33:20 PM »
Very few restrictions in Russia Sparky. And many fewer, as in none, the further away from Moscow you go.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
Very few restrictions in Russia Sparky. And many fewer, as in none, the further away from Moscow you go.

Only restrictions in southern/mid-eastern Russia are that some public places are closed, restaurant's also, but many work as take away's, many supermarkets/petrol cashiers won't let you pay for goods unless wearing a mask, checking temps here and there, and that's about it...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 02:05:39 AM »
Steve

As we fly tomorrow i could kiss you for this information

Cheers Chap  :party0011: :party0011: tiphat :thumbsup: ;D ;D

:thumbsup:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 05:08:38 AM »

Only restrictions in southern/mid-eastern Russia are that some public places are closed, restaurant's also, but many work as take away's, many supermarkets/petrol cashiers won't let you pay for goods unless wearing a mask, checking temps here and there, and that's about it...
Yes, the mask "thing" seems to be the one small "inconvenience" . Not a biggie all things considered. My biggest problem is remembering to take the damn thing with me.

In places down south like Rostov-a-Don, Sochi, Saratov, Krasnodar, etc. where Sparky is headed it was mostly business as usual with masks arbitrarily enforced. Sochi actually thrived with all the remote workers down there as business owners took advantage of the crowds and hiked prices for just about everything.

Some places closed like here in Moscow and restaurants improvised their seating arrangements to make things work. I took a walk up and down Tverskaya (the main drag in Moscow) a couple of months ago and was surprised to see so many stores/shops vacant. I'm talking chain stores like Prime and Sanders Grill, for example.

They are/were slowly being replaced by other "chain" businesses though and things are relatively back to normal. The metro is even about back to its overcrowded self with about half the people wearing masks. Fortunately, I'm not in there much anymore :).

Moscow/Russia was really one of the best places to be in the last 15 months regarding all the lockdowns and such, well, if you could get in or lived here already. :-X
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 08:52:26 AM »

Yes, the mask "thing" seems to be the one small "inconvenience" . Not a biggie all things considered. My biggest problem is remembering to take the damn thing with me.

In places down south like Rostov-a-Don, Sochi, Saratov, Krasnodar, etc. where Sparky is headed it was mostly business as usual with masks arbitrarily enforced. Sochi actually thrived with all the remote workers down there as business owners took advantage of the crowds and hiked prices for just about everything.

Some places closed like here in Moscow and restaurants improvised their seating arrangements to make things work. I took a walk up and down Tverskaya (the main drag in Moscow) a couple of months ago and was surprised to see so many stores/shops vacant. I'm talking chain stores like Prime and Sanders Grill, for example.

They are/were slowly being replaced by other "chain" businesses though and things are relatively back to normal. The metro is even about back to its overcrowded self with about half the people wearing masks. Fortunately, I'm not in there much anymore :).

Moscow/Russia was really one of the best places to be in the last 15 months regarding all the lockdowns and such, well, if you could get in or lived here already. :-X

Agree with the mask thingy, though I have a couple in the car always, but do forget that they are there and need to go and get one sometimes..
Sochi did its normal/well known price hike, which is why many went to other places, Crimea wasn't too hit on mask wearing last month, but now they have also tightened things up a bit..
Krasnodar seemed to be a bit more restrictive than Rostov is to me with masks being the main thing...
It's been a buying time for the major retail markets with the "Biggies" taking over many smaller/same sized outlets.... MVideo taking over Eldorado for example....
Not only Moscow, but many other cities in Russia seem to be basically the same, and further out into the wooly wilds you go, the more relaxed people are about this virus, in my experience..
Maybe I'm wrong, but I do feel that Russia has handled the problem in a much more casual manner than other countries..
Just my twopenneth..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Registration