The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I'm Back !! : Old member who's "new" again to the FSU dating scene  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
Re: I'm Back !! : Old member who's "new" again to the FSU dating scene
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2021, 08:40:00 AM »
Matador22. 20 years ago I was living in a city, going to school, getting drunk and doing drugs everyday and I was having the time of my life. I’ve always been the type to move from city to city because each one either offered a good time or a really bad time. Finally after a while. I thought of finally settling down and picking a city I had one of the best experiences at. It was the one where I was going to school, getting drunk and doing drugs and having the time of my life. But for some reason it wasn’t like it was like back in the day when I moved there. You see. I work now, don’t do drugs, and me and my Ukrainian wife just like to take it easy. We aren’t into going to dance clubs or getting wasted every chance we can and don’t care for making friends. I absolutely hate it here and when it comes time to move June 2022. The only thing that makes things tolerable is my wife is a blast. The main point I’m trying to make just like these fools are is that their experiences were different back then and if they had to do it now. They most likely wouldn’t even bother. To them times have changed. But just because the experience isn’t the same for me now. I wouldn’t tell you not to give a go at it. I see many new young families starting their new life here and enjoying themselves. Same as when I went back to school to take a trade. Throughout my academic career. I’ve been suspended and expelled out of school because authority just wasn’t my thing. Also my mathematics were garbage and the college counselor told me I should maybe take something else before I tried it because my academic marks had a high indication I wasn’t going to succeed. I took the course but put all I had into it and came out successful and love what I do now. Sure it felt odd being the 30 plus year old lad sitting in a class full of immature 18 year olds but they entertained me.

This forum consists of fanboys who will tell you Russia is the place to go but then the guys who had success in Ukraine will tell you to go there. Take a hot girl who throughout her prime could get any man she wants and she has her grandmother who always asks when she’s going to settle down and get married. Now in this girls mind. She thinks the lineups and options will never disappear but grandma knows the score. She hits 30 and all of a sudden she’s not getting hit on anymore. Men aren’t opening the door for her and she doesn’t get into clubs by twirling her hair at the bouncer. He says to the back of the line. She can’t figure what’s wrong. Her experience is far different now then back in her hay day. But should she give up on meeting a man. Never. She just has to adapt and may now have to develop a personality instead of just relying on her looks to do the work.

Some people want others to do the thinking for them and these lads here are always foaming at the mouth to gatekeep Russia or Ukraine. When I went. I got the same advice not to go and I would have never met my Ukrainian wife if I had listened but I’m foolish enough to always do what people tell me not to so it worked out for me just fine. Your either going to end up saying. Glad I didn’t listen or my god why didn’t I listen. I to this day still know if I went over to either Ukraine or Russia. I’d succeed and it wouldn’t be no 50 or 60 year old Slavic broad I’d have to settle for.
I forgot to ask you, what city are you in?
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
I'm Back! To gaze at my naval? or Seek out my FSU bride?
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »

Haha ‘nuff said.  I got it.  Others have said the same about Ukraine 🇺🇦 in even fewer words.  Thanks though :))

Hey Mat,

Back when you asked if the Hot Russian Bridal search jumped the shark,
I think that it probably has since you departed. However, nearly everyone
here is married to a woman from the FSU and I ask myself, how did that
happen? It happened because there is an imbalance in supply and demand. 

What you have going for you is that once a FSUW reaches a certain age
she is treated like milk that has gone past the due date. She will have no
shortage of men who will happily lay on her couch getting waited on hand
and foot and banging her without a condom but those FSU men have no
intention of marrying her. They will find another couch to lay on soon enough.

There is a surplus of women who desire marriage at certain ages and that
age group is what I call the sweet spot.

So how to find the sweet spot? You look for a divorced woman aged 33-40+
If you come across a never married FSUW then there is surely something
wrong with her that the Local men were able to spot.

I have been out of the search for many years and can't tell you what site
or method is best to track down a good girl in the sweet spot. However,
when you find an excellent girl you have to pull the trigger and pursue
her exclusively or you will be the one on the outside.

Speaking of sweet spots you are starting to age out of the sweet spot that
the best girls will consider who are over 33 years old. You don't have time
to fart around on another decade long naval gazing sojourn. 

You need to set goals and write them down. Then you need to make a
plan to achieve those goals. Then you need to go out there and execute
it and refining and improving it as you go.

Udachi!

Bill
PS
If you need help at setting goals, making a plan etc I think that there are
a number of people here that can help you. If you want to ponder the
subtleties and nuances of differences between Northern Belrussian
women and Eastern Moldovan women then come back when you
are ready, if you ever will be.

A hot Russian wife is not for everybody, not everyone makes it. There
is nothing wrong in thinking about it and deciding to go another way.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
To all those long time members who commented thank you for sharing your well earned wisdom.  I feel like I took a whirlwind trip around the world without even leaving my computer. Haha. This was quite an update on the state of FSU women in 10 years. I have come to the conclusion that it’s best for me to find a Slavic Eastern European match here locally in the nyc area. I’m already in touch with my on/off Georgian girlfriend and that’s pretty fulfilling.  Is there a part of me that would love to take off 3 months and just live the Moscow dating dream ? Of course. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But the reality is also a bit daunting. And requires some serious guts. I don’t know if I have it in me frankly.  I hope others can read this thread and get insights on their own romantic journeys. I know I have.  Maybe in 10 years I can report back that I’m happily married with 2 kids just vacationing with my family in Tbilisi Georgia 🇬🇪   Till then Godspeed !

Offline Guile

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
Good luck!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2022, 11:29:30 AM »
To all those long time members who commented thank you for sharing your well earned wisdom.  I feel like I took a whirlwind trip around the world without even leaving my computer. Haha. This was quite an update on the state of FSU women in 10 years. I have come to the conclusion that it’s best for me to find a Slavic Eastern European match here locally in the nyc area. I’m already in touch with my on/off Georgian girlfriend and that’s pretty fulfilling.  Is there a part of me that would love to take off 3 months and just live the Moscow dating dream ? Of course. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But the reality is also a bit daunting. And requires some serious guts. I don’t know if I have it in me frankly.  I hope others can read this thread and get insights on their own romantic journeys. I know I have.  Maybe in 10 years I can report back that I’m happily married with 2 kids just vacationing with my family in Tbilisi Georgia 🇬🇪   Till then Godspeed !

Hey Matador,

Any updates? Hope all is well bud.  :coffeeread:

Offline matador22

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2022, 06:32:53 PM »
To all those long time members who commented thank you for sharing your well earned wisdom.  I feel like I took a whirlwind trip around the world without even leaving my computer. Haha. This was quite an update on the state of FSU women in 10 years. I have come to the conclusion that it's best for me to find a Slavic Eastern European match here locally in the nyc area. I'm already in touch with my on/off Georgian girlfriend and that's pretty fulfilling.  Is there a part of me that would love to take off 3 months and just live the Moscow dating dream ? Of course. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But the reality is also a bit daunting. And requires some serious guts. I don't know if I have it in me frankly.  I hope others can read this thread and get insights on their own romantic journeys. I know I have.  Maybe in 10 years I can report back that I'm happily married with 2 kids just vacationing with my family in Tbilisi Georgia %uD83C%uDDEC%uD83C%uDDEA   Till then Godspeed !

Hey Matador,

Any updates? Hope all is well bud.  :coffeeread:

Happy new year ! I'm back in the nyc dating scene. Met a few women but nothing substantial. My ex and I parted ways for good. I do like coming here and reading travel stories about the fsu.  I am still tempted to go again someday to search for love romance and marriage but then reality sinks in. Ha. For now plenty of Eastern European women in nyc. Although it's a much tougher place to find people to settle down with. Supply demand and just overall western dating marriage attitudes once again.  Let's see.