The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ode to a Sugar Baby  (Read 3321 times)

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: Ode to a Sugar Baby
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:04 PM »

I already said what the problem is.. Historic Personality Disorder and you lot just suck it in..

Sounds to me like Donald Trump.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2021, 02:31:33 AM »
True he's the only poster who's actually in an FSU country right now dating girls...but every time he seems to find the "one" he decides to break up with her over perceived issues that sound very minor. 

If it happened once fine, it's happened like 4-5 times. I lost track.

I certainly don't feel like any sort of success. After the second approved K1, the girl that actually came to California, I decided I should stop dragging girls half way around the world for eventual disappointment (for me and her). I need a sea change in my life before I can buy into the pursuit of lifetime monogamy. I wish it was something I want, because the path I'm on appears to lead to a solitary death. With both of the relationships I had here in Ukraine, the girl from Irkutsk and the recent girl from Odessa, I started to wonder if maybe I'd change. Maybe this would be the girl that I would try to stay with indefinitely (if she would have me). But even during those thought discussions with myself I knew I'd start to want something else.

On another note, finding another sugar baby close to what I had seems next to impossible. I've been on a few dates, both vanilla dates (a new word I learned on Reddit) and sugar dates. Nothing comes close to the previous girl. Lately I've been contemplating asking her if she'd like to try again, with an increased allowance. I have reached the conclusion that hers should have been more.

On yet another note, I had a 5 day stay in the hospital a month ago. It wasn't covid, but it was pretty damn unpleasant. It sure would have been nice to have someone special in my life, to help me get to the hospital, take care of the dog, etc. As it turned out, I found a neighbor to watch my dog for the few days. I drove myself, which wasn't too fun (see comedian Brian Regan's Emergency Room bit if you want a good laugh). I lost 6 kg (which I didn't have to lose) but I've managed to gain back 5. I stayed in the biggest private hospital here, for about $1600. I filed an insurance claim after, but it was denied because I didn't have the forethought to call for approval as I crawled to my car to get to the hospital, haha.

I'm teaching 11 university classes per week. One mechanical engineering and 10 English courses, including 3 sections of a literature class. All of the students are Ukrainian, in case you're wondering. The average class attendance is about 10, although two classes are closer to 20. All instruction is online. I told myself I'd never teach online again, but I think I've found my rhythm, so it's not so bad. But still looking forward to going back in the classroom.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2021, 04:25:03 PM »
Knowing who and what you are is half the battle.
Regardless of other people think they are trying to
force on you, their beliefs.

Learning and growing for anyone is the a big key in future
success and I beleive if and when your ready you will know
or when you find the right one you will know, until then be honest
and enjoy the discovery of each new experience.

I do beleive going backwards is never good, you get lonely and look
backwards, focus on the future and you will likely be better off,
but just my thoughts, good luck keep  us updated.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online Guile

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2021, 10:42:27 PM »
hey justdude, nice update. at least you are still there working and living! i don't get why the need for sponsorship. as an American you should have no problem finding a girl there without the need to pay.

I don't know about Ukraine but in Russia it's easy to find a girl.  Sure you gotta pay for dates and some gifts but way less than what it would cost for a monthly allowance. plus the dynamic changes once you add money to the relationship.

well have fun there.

Offline AJ

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2021, 12:49:56 PM »
I get you're being honest.

That said your questioning yourself on a future you don't seem to relish, while unable to change your feelings or actions in the present to avert it.
That's typically  the behavior of an addict.

Add in you entertain paying a past sponsored woman more to consider sponsorship again,which certainly isn't the path to someone sharing your life as you age, and you may want to consider that you're merely addicted to new sexual encounters period.
It's just a possibility and something to think on as it's not  that uncommon.

Offline justadude

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »
I get you're being honest.

That said your questioning yourself on a future you don't seem to relish, while unable to change your feelings or actions in the present to avert it.
That's typically  the behavior of an addict.

Add in you entertain paying a past sponsored woman more to consider sponsorship again,which certainly isn't the path to someone sharing your life as you age, and you may want to consider that you're merely addicted to new sexual encounters period.
It's just a possibility and something to think on as it's not  that uncommon.

I think there might be some truth to that. I'll think about it. Thanks
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline justadude

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2021, 11:30:30 AM »
hey justdude, nice update. at least you are still there working and living! i don't get why the need for sponsorship. as an American you should have no problem finding a girl there without the need to pay.

I don't know about Ukraine but in Russia it's easy to find a girl.  Sure you gotta pay for dates and some gifts but way less than what it would cost for a monthly allowance. plus the dynamic changes once you add money to the relationship.

well have fun there.

I think I can meet women 30+ without sponsorship. But I have found that I can't date girls in their low to mid 20s without some sugar.

How about you?

Online Guile

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2021, 07:33:24 PM »

I think I can meet women 30+ without sponsorship. But I have found that I can't date girls in their low to mid 20s without some sugar.

How about you?

I am old enough to not want to date girls in their low/mid 20's but young enough and look it that I could. Most of the Russian women I date are late 20's to mid 30's.  Honestly I prefer them at that range, they are more mature and have more in common.  But I have met some very smart mid 20's girls and have a couple as friends still.

I guess you like em younger, rocking da cradle! :laugh: :chuckle:

Offline AJ

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2021, 12:24:55 PM »

well have fun there.

How about you?

I did not read the entire thread and this maybe covered already...

Not to belabor my previous thoughts (it's your life ,live it on your terms by all means)

But regulating the age so  closely to early 20s,mid twenties,  seems to indicate something significant,
 up to you to decide what that is.

If the women you sponsor as you age don't get  also older, that doesnt seem compatable with the life you think you might prefer at an older age.

You see I just don't believe its only a youth and hotness factor.
 There are drop dead gorgeous women late 20s. Thru their 30s and 40s etc.
So is having a youthful companion one of feeling accomplished ,or how others view you in public?
Is it that you just enjoy the company of a younger mindset?
It brings up a ton of questions of why (besides just sex)
You are the only one with the answers, but they are questions you should likely ask yourself.

I'm not throwing stones, my wife is 20 years younger and I've always  unapologetically dated younger women.
If single, I wouldn't want to date a early 20s something though at this point in life though,
and would have absolutely  zero interest in sponsoring someone.
So I find your scenario interesting just from a * what motivation you have standpoint *

To me it seems you can't decide what you truly want in relationships,or able to commit to that.  If that is correct(it certainly may not be!)
Then the underlying reason of why  that is, seems truly important.

Anyway I wish you luck!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:11 AM »
There's a reason why most 'sugar babies or women who are sponsored tend to be in their 20s.

It's about a bloke's package, or how it is perceived and valued by the prospective 'buyer'.

These days, the age at which women get married is rising - I have not checked, but I bet it is true in Ukraine as it is in Russia and the rest of Europe.

For that reason, younger women are not so interested in a 'package' that includes marriage. However, women over 30 are much more interested in packages that include marriage and are less interested in wasting their time on short term relationships, even if money is involved. After all, for the type of women we are discussing, money is pretty much a given. Adequate finances can be considered a door opener.

So, Justadude meets women in their 30s who are interested in an apparently solvent foreign bloke as a 'problem solver'  - a route to retirement from whatever they might have previously been up to.
Younger women see a bloke who they'd not consider marrying, at least not at this point in their lives. So money is more of a priority.

I used to see this in my Tinder responses all the time. Younger women would often hint at, or outright state that 'sugar' was their objective. Older women - nope, but they'd make it clear that they would not settle for a poor bloke. In other aspects, their profiles looked much the same.

The same holds true for my experience of personal contacts over the years.

The man and his package remain the same, but the relative perceived value of aspects of the package will vary from prospect to prospect.

Think about it this way:
A young woman sees time is on her side. Marriage is something for the future. Now is the time for travel, varied relationships, comfortable life provided by a series of guys.

An older woman sees that her window for settling down with what she sees as her ideal type of guy is closing. She won't want to waste months or years on a relationship that she understands has no future for her. A year with a bloke like Justadude is a year that she can't spend dating 'real' men with real prospects of a long-term relationship involving raising a family and a comfortable retirement.

No matter what Justadude's 'preferences' for girls much younger than himself and anything it might suggest about him, his market of available women for the kind of relationship of which he is capable is always going to be with those women from late teens to late 20s. It has always been that way. (at least since the times of real desperation in the late 90s in the region when some  women would find sponsors, even when they had a husband and kids tucked up at home.)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »
Andrew that all makes sense, but women in ealry 30's can take his money while they look,,
dropping him as he dropped them.

I think JustAdude wants the relationship to a point.
Finding girls of any age for sex or entertainment in Ukraine
is not that difficult, especially if your living there.

But having one to hang out and do things is different animal.
Girls will put out as long as things are happening now without much effort,
nice resturant, small shopping trip etc. But to walk dogs, clean apartment
hang out watch TV not much fun for 20 somethings. thus the $$$

I expect when relationship develops to the point where girl starts wanting more
is when JustAdude gets uncomfortable and bolts. leaving him searching once again.

All of this is somewhat interesting from a social stand point, why people do what they do,
we are all the same yet different and how we get to where we are is quite different.
Even if at some level will all want or end up in same place.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2021, 11:09:31 AM »
Bump.

What's happening JAD? How is your December going as we approach Christmas?

Offline justadude

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2021, 03:40:42 AM »

well have fun there.

How about you?

I did not read the entire thread and this maybe covered already...

Not to belabor my previous thoughts (it's your life ,live it on your terms by all means)

But regulating the age so  closely to early 20s,mid twenties,  seems to indicate something significant,
 up to you to decide what that is.

If the women you sponsor as you age don't get  also older, that doesnt seem compatable with the life you think you might prefer at an older age.

You see I just don't believe its only a youth and hotness factor.
 There are drop dead gorgeous women late 20s. Thru their 30s and 40s etc.
So is having a youthful companion one of feeling accomplished ,or how others view you in public?
Is it that you just enjoy the company of a younger mindset?
It brings up a ton of questions of why (besides just sex)
You are the only one with the answers, but they are questions you should likely ask yourself.

I'm not throwing stones, my wife is 20 years younger and I've always  unapologetically dated younger women.
If single, I wouldn't want to date a early 20s something though at this point in life though,
and would have absolutely  zero interest in sponsoring someone.
So I find your scenario interesting just from a * what motivation you have standpoint *

To me it seems you can't decide what you truly want in relationships,or able to commit to that.  If that is correct(it certainly may not be!)
Then the underlying reason of why  that is, seems truly important.

Anyway I wish you luck!
Thanks. I think I know why I'm fascinated with young women. In fact it's something I've thought a great deal about and have reached a couple of conclusions. It's another thing that doesn't serve me well.

As for what I want in a relationship, the answer, unfortunately, is something different than what I've got. At least after about the 4 month mark. Also something that doesn't serve me well.

Offline justadude

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2021, 03:50:18 AM »
Bump.

Bump.

I'm hanging in there. I sold my two cars and bought a Fiat 500. I spent a few days in the garage making a spare tire holder/trailer hitch/bike rack.

I gave marks to about half of my 100 University students. Some with sub standard marks are doing an extra literature analysis to improve their mark.

I've been hanging out with a British guy once a week. Really cool dude.

I've had a few dates with a non sugar girl in her mid 20s. She's really cute and fun. And Nationalistic.

I'm planning to go to a Christmas party for expats on Friday.

Offline justadude

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2021, 04:04:03 AM »

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2021, 11:18:02 AM »
So how did the expat party go?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline AJ

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »

I'm curuous as well.
 If living there full.time I could see the interest in attending .

I know visiting I avoided expats like the plague,  common language doesn't relate to common interests ,values etc,, at all.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2022, 05:23:38 AM »

I'm curuous as well.
 If living there full.time I could see the interest in attending .

I know visiting I avoided expats like the plague,  common language doesn't relate to common interests ,values etc,, at all.

So how are things going? Still in central or Eastern Europe?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2022, 07:20:59 AM »

well have fun there.

Each man is able to get a certain level of youth and beauty in a relationship.
Once you decide that you require a level of youth and beauty that exceed
your abilities is when you have to sweeten the deal.

Maybe teaching is a means of achieving something similar. The ability to
exchange better grades for soft flesh or tutoring/mentoring for youthful
companionship. There are also the occasional girl who gets hot for the
teacher (play Van Halen song here).

College students in the FSU are younger than their American counterparts.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
  • Spouses Country: United States
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2022, 06:32:56 AM »

I'm teaching 11 university classes per week.

WADR, that's not exactly an indicator of quality.  :8)
Dobra David

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
BUMP it is now Tues June 14th 2022... JAD are you still teaching Uni in UA or has the RU-UA defugalties upended everything with Uni males expected to fight to the last Ukranian and Uni lasses all in EU on government dole.   Curious your current situation and for a JAD update...

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
He's been in Bucharest for months now.
I caught up with him there, where he conned me into teaching one of his English conversation classes for UA refugees :-)
He's doing fine, and I'm sure he'll be along soon to fill you in.

Offline justadude

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2023, 08:20:38 PM »
I stayed in Bucharest for a year, ending late March, 2023. I was dating one 19yo SB for the year. Parting was tough for me. I bought a house on the Oregon coast. Fixing it up is now my job

Offline Manny

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2023, 06:31:36 AM »
So you've decided to return home permanently?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.