The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Afghanistan: Another Lost American War  (Read 8803 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Afghanistan: Another Lost American War
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2021, 06:33:22 AM »
What I want to know is where the hell is GLOBAL BRITAIN ???

You know  that lot that is sailing around the Crimea and south China seas giving all the Bullshit "We are back" A force to be reckoned with.. GLOBAL BRITAIN bringing stability to an unstable world.. :laugh:

Well we know where GLOBAL BRITAIN was when the shit hit the fan.. on the run all the diplomats were shitting their pants making for the airport.. with shit in their pants.. they left behind the young army guys to process the visa 's and finish off their work..

Funny world really.. :chuckle:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 08:06:15 AM »
Be fair Steve the British ambassador has chosen to stay on in Kabul and is working with his staff at sorting out visas for Afghans wanting a life upgrade.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 08:18:24 AM »

It is in the old history books but now we have Boris......

Can you please tell me, why the British use to say"The sun never sets on the British Empire? "

I can only guess that after 20.000 Afghan Immigrants  arriving in the UK you don't plan to visit your birth country again!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2021, 10:05:56 PM »

You guys are currently negotiating with the Taliban to safely get your citizens out. Biden's stupid decision not only endangered Afghans, he endangered over 100K citizens from other countries. They all had to uproot their lives unexpectedly leaving everything behind to escape the country.

Come to find out, Trump's Peace Deal with the Taliban was never included getting all our troops out. Former Secretary of Defense Chris Miller said Trump wanted the Afghan government to share power with the Taliban. We would keep 800 troops in Afghanistan solely to go after rogue terrorist elements. If Trump was was in power instead of fighting the election fraud, none of us would be taking on the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of refugees right now and Afghans wouldn't be getting slaughtered.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/08/trumps-pledge-exit-afghanistan-was-ruse-his-final-secdef-says/184660/

Here's last years Chris Miller's Ft Bragg speech as proof they had plans to always keep 800 soldiers in Afghanistan to keep the peace. BC may call the previous article fake news and some of you guys still trust what he says.

https://t.me/WeTheMedia/30276
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2021, 03:50:07 AM »
Andrew, hopefully a female and hopefully she's human, could tolerate you enough just enough to want to make a life with you so you won't be so miserable. Until that happens, keep telling us being single and lonely is what you want.

BOOF!  BillyB with a DAGGER!

Texan77, I think even you would have to admit the withdrawal from Afghanistan has ended up being incredibly incompetent.

Yep.  It's Dementia Joe.  The US was occupying AfghanLand with 2500 troops backed by 6K NATO troops.  Biden cut and ran for NO REASON.  He left 10K Americans behind, as well as countless Afghanis who now wait for their deaths.  He betrayed them all.  He is a FAILURE as a man, a FAILURE as a father and now a FAILURE as a president. If he had any honor he would take his own life.

On social media people are likening it to Vietnam.

Yes, because the Boomers never got over Vietnam.

Its a shit show there now as Brits and Yanks flee before the Muslims arrive at the airport. We probably all saw the footage of the panic at the airport, the last place of refuge.

This is a total shitshow, which is ALL Biden's fault.

The US has admitted defeat and walked away after twenty years.

We had the country pacified with 2500 troops.  Biden fcuked up by withdrawing.

They've essentially handed control to the Taliban, who would have took it one way or another.

Correct on the first part, wrong on the second.

Some say this is the final nail in the coffin for Western and American hegemony: US withdrawal from Afghanistan is the sun setting on western hegemony

So do you jerk yourself off, or do you have Fifi do it for you?

The US is offering vast sums of cash to the Taliban in order to allow evacuations to proceed. That must come as a suprise to Murricans whose media has been lying to them for two decades.

This is Biden, screwing the pooch again.  He could have allowed time to evacuate westerners and been fine.  But he's a brain dead moron, and so we are where we are.

After the failures that are Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya, have we seen the end of the US invasion roadshow? Or will they find another country to invade and occupy in the next few months?

Note that Trump didn't seem to have such a hard-on for doing that sort of thing.  I miss him already.  Whatever is to be said about Trump he would NEVER have simply cut and run and left 10K Americans behind.  Biden is a LOSER.

We're busy invading ourselves.  Evidently the "biggest terror threat" is "Wyt PiPo".  Or "muh White Supremacy".  Or as I call it, "White Aptitude."  Nobody believes that bullshit but the Libtards have to keep feeding themselves LIES, like how boys can be girls and "LatinX" is a thing.  Nobody uses that term except them.  Certainly not Hispanics.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Texan77

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2021, 10:45:06 AM »

Oh dear Tex, hit a nerve have we???????
You should learn to find and accept the facts and NOT your wild fantasies....
Bitching you say, one could simply throw that back in your face re who does the bitching here, try your constant sh1t about Russia, China and other countries for example, or your fake, verbal diarrhea about your beloved, bankrupt, nazi Ukraine...
Re Afghanistan, the only success to come of the US being there for 20 failed years, was to bung billions, if not trillions of dollars into the US armourments industries purses, nothing more...
Then run away like scared rabbits....
If what I write is untrue, please enlighten us with your superior first hand knowledge..

I have no insightful knowledge of Afghanistan. I do not know any body from the country and have never been there.

Yes Andrew the withdraw was a complete mess. What is not understood here is there was a reason for it. In the peace agreement with the Taliban they were not suppose to attack and we would withdraw in 14 months. WE were suppose to use air power to suppress any attacks and Bidden chose not to. It was done in the hope the Taliban would let us leave since we have a peace deal and not give us reason to attack them. It was also hoped that they would be less revengeful if a lot of them did not die in the process. This seems to be working so far. It is easy to see what is wrong with something without seeing the other side. I am not trying to say it was pretty just that there was big risk reason for it. 

The Chinese and the Russians are also hoping that Afghanistan Taliban has learned a valuable lesson and has condition any trade on no terrorism out of the country. They lost most of their fighters and was put out of control for twenty years because of terrorist attacks twenty years ago. The hope is they learned something. They surely paid a big price.

Manny be real. Their is nothing in Afghanistan Russian needs or wants. Russia has it's own minerals and does not need Afghanistan. Afghanistan to Russia is a security problem. The biggest problem to Russia is ten years from now China will likely take over all the ...stan countries to be part of Chinese imperialism, if China does not implode. So pray for which item you want.

Yes some weapons were left in Afghanistan. Europe has enjoyed 20 years of no terrorist attacks. You just have to pay the price for the peace for the twenty years. But that is all the RT news does is complain about everything about what the USA does. It is just an anti USA propaganda network. If you read it will find at least one other reason to not like us everyday.

For anyone who would like to learn a little history of the last forty years of war in Afghanistan I am posting a video. It is long so I do not expect if many will want to spend the time and would rather just complain than really learn anything.

This is Indian news. Sometime it is good to see the news from the eyes of a third country who is not involved in the east west conflict. India is at war with China and considers Russia a friend. This is their take on countries wanting to recognize the Taliban so quickly.

Going forward any country could of stepped in, replaced the USA and taken up the fight if they wanted to. No one wanted the job. So what ever happens in Afghanistan is what happens do not blame the USA. Hopefully the Taliban has learned something and it will not be so bad.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2021, 01:46:50 PM »

Yes some weapons were left in Afghanistan. Europe has enjoyed 20 years of no terrorist attacks. You just have to pay the price for the peace for the twenty years.

When i get back from crimea i will post you some reminders. There have been many terrorist attacks in the last 20 years in europe
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline BillyB

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

Today's WH press briefing asked the press secretary how many American's need saving and press secretary couldn't answer the question. They really don't know how many Americans they need to help but we know it's an embarrassing number. I've heard estimates in the range from 10K-40K Americans need rescuing. They did admit to currently evacuating thousands of Afghans for every 100 Americans. Citizens and our military equipment should have been pulled out calmly before pulling the troops.

I think the Taliban is going to play nice with American citizens. They surround the airport but so far they're letting our citizens pass through unharmed. They could easy kill tens of thousands of Americans and European citizens trapped throughout the country. This disaster could turn out much worse for Biden if the Taliban wants. The Taliban, not Biden, is in control of how bad this can end and how much more harm can be done to America's reputation.

Taliban has now seized 40 of our aircraft and 2000 vehicles. Some choppers are stealth so they will sell that technology to China and Russia. People have spliced together what Biden said 10 days ago. Reporters told him the intelligence community warns the Afghan government will fall and the embassy will be overrun. Biden replied the Afghan army won't fall because they have one of the strongest armies in the world and you won't see choppers evacuating people from the embassy like what happened in Vietnam.

https://t.me/DanScavinoTelegram/138
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2021, 04:54:44 PM »

This is a total shitshow, which is ALL Biden's fault.

Whatever is to be said about Trump he would NEVER have simply cut and run and left 10K Americans behind.  Biden is a LOSER.

It's over 15,000 Americans stranded. That's bigger than the Japanese invasion
of Hawaii. That's impeachment and removal by a Democratic majority in the
House and Senate level of F#ck up.

Lefty's public display of ineptitude is reaching heights that nobody had ever
before dreamed of obtaining.

Look at the photo, Biden finally got his finger on the problem.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Wiz

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »
Why the Afghan army collapsed so quickly against the Taliban?
6 reasons for the catastrophe!

The Afghan army had numerical superiority, Western training and was equipped by the US - but it collapsed in the face of the Taliban's sweeping advance.

The rapid advance of the Taliban, with the Afghan government army collapsing and disappearing in front of it, is the big question of our day: How is it possible for the Taliban to prevail so quickly and easily, almost invincibly?

In the coming years it is obvious that thousands of pages will be written by analysts, academics, the military, journalists, etc. about the causes of this collapse. However, even now, very few days after the developments that took the planet by surprise, some conclusions can be drawn as to the reasons that led to the rise of the Taliban.

US President Joe Biden has blamed the Afghan political and military leadership: "The truth is that they disintegrated much faster than we expected. So what happened? Afghanistan's political leaders have abandoned them and left the country. The Afghan army abandoned them, sometimes without even trying to fight. "American troops cannot and must not fight in a war, and die in a war where the Afghan forces themselves are not willing to fight."

In terms of size, this is a big surprise: The Taliban, we read on the papers, have about 80,000 fighters, while the Afghan government had 300,000 troops. The Afghan army has been trained and equipped by the United States for decades. So what happened?

Loss of air support

NATO air support has been crucial in operations against the Taliban. Afghan forces conducted ground operations, but could always rely on NATO and US air support. With the withdrawal of NATO, Afghan ground forces lost a major pillar of ground support to the Taliban. Also, Kabul-based security expert Mohammad Safik Hamdam told Deutsche Welle, Afghan security forces were financially and militarily dependent on the United States, and were exposed as the withdrawal progressed.

Loss of morale due to US withdrawal

However, the US had spent tens of billions of dollars on training and equipping the Afghan army. "On paper," he should be able to confront the Taliban.
Analysts say declining morale and corruption are key reasons for the collapse of the Afghan army: Many Afghans saw the US-Taliban agreement in Doha in 2020, under Trump, as a sign that Washington was no longer interested in Afghanistan. This resulted in a significant drop in morale in the Afghan army. When Biden took over the presidency, he continued on the same path. It is now clear that the Afghan government was not ready for such a withdrawal.

Corruption in the army

NGOs and intelligence agencies have repeatedly warned of an uncontrollable difference in Ashraf Ghani's government: According to the Afghanistan Papers, a Washington Post reported, of the 352,000 soldiers and police officers counted as members of the Afghan security forces, only 254,000 were actually confirmed / recorded.

According to a report by the British Guardian, the US Office for the Monitoring of Expenditure on the conflict in Afghanistan said that "free-spending" practices had led to massive corruption, and that efforts to deal with it were "half-hearted" and were ineffective. For unpaid soldiers, seeing their superiors live a rich life was challenging - and the morale was devastating.

The tactics of the Taliban

The Taliban have also adopted clever military tactics, controlling key border crossings and major highways and besieging major cities - depriving the Kabul government of the ability to send aid and supplies. Several units were cut off from the rest of the country, causing them to cross the border, seek refuge in other countries, or disband.

BillyB

I expect that the Afghanistan events must remind you the events in Vietnam after Ho Chi Minh and his fighters took over South Vietnam.  History repeats itself.

Just to remind you ...

PS: All information above was accumulated from various papers publications and sites.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2021, 05:38:41 PM »
The aim is to launder money in Afghanistan
Assange video from 2011 goes viral

COMMENTS:

Mr. Skeleton

It is interesting how unintelligent and closeted Americans shout patriotic slogans in favour of war, while war kills Americans ONLY for the purpose of enriching defence contractors.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2021, 05:55:33 PM »
Afghanistan’s “Color Revolution"
Narcotics and the Opium Trade

Will the Taliban Islamic Government Endorse the US Sponsored Trade in Narcotics?

The U.S. has not been thrown out of Afghanistan. Quite the opposite.

Washington is involved in managing the strategic transition towards the formation of a Taliban Islamic Emirate.

Earlier reports suggested that a so-called interim Afghan administration was to be headed by Prof. Ali Ahmad Jalali, who just so happens to be a US citizen.

“Regime Change” in Afghanistan? 

Troop withdrawals coupled with a US sponsored colour revolution?

Read the whole article here:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/afghanistans-color-revolution-who-is-ali-ahmad-jalali/5753335

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2021, 06:34:07 PM »

Will the Taliban Islamic Government Endorse the US Sponsored Trade in Narcotics?

Washington is involved in managing the strategic transition towards the formation of a Taliban Islamic Emirate.

Earlier reports suggested that a so-called interim Afghan administration was to be headed by Prof. Ali Ahmad Jalali, who just so happens to be a US citizen.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/afghanistans-color-revolution-who-is-ali-ahmad-jalali/5753335

What a bizarre narrative, but I am suspicious of 'global research'. The basic premise though that the article touches on is in fact interesting. What will happen to the heroin trade? Will the Taliban shut it down or exploit it?

My guess is they will increase and monetize it further. The street price will be lower.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2021, 07:18:20 PM »

BillyB

I expect that the Afghanistan events must remind you the events in Vietnam after Ho Chi Minh and his fighters took over South Vietnam.  History repeats itself.

Wiz, Biden was part of the government that botched Vietnam. He had prior experience. He may have dementia but I don't think he's dumb. What he did was on purpose.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2021, 07:57:00 PM »

What a bizarre narrative, but I am suspicious of 'global research'. The basic premise though that the article touches on is in fact interesting. What will happen to the heroin trade? Will the Taliban shut it down or exploit it?

My guess is they will increase and monetize it further. The street price will be lower.

First you contradict  and you are suspicious of the Global research and its comments    and then you reach to the same conclusion, as in the article..!!!   :ROFL:

Oh .. I forgot  that it's late night or it's early in the morning for the East Med and you have not received advice for the line you must follow!

Well the Global research articles exposed the American hypocrisy .... like this meeting in Docha.

BTW I just watched the latest news on PBS NewsHour live, Aug. 19, 2021

which confirmed almost everything I wrote about Afghanistan earlier.

Going to sleep    3 GMT

tiphat

Offline Wiz

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2021, 08:11:12 PM »

BillyB

Wiz, Biden was part of the government that botched Vietnam. He had prior experience. He may have dementia but I don't think he's dumb. What he did was on purpose.

Regarding Biden ..... see my previous posts above!

In Greece we say:  Making the same sin two times does not imply a wise person!      

Good night!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2021, 09:50:00 AM »

Trump had a peace deal in plan. No soldier was killed in the last year and a half. The plan was working. With the exception of going after a few terror cells, the fighting stopped. Trump had us down to 2500 troops which maintained the peace. The war was over and winding down. The Taliban was showing they could stop fighting and cooperate. They were having meetings with our officials. When Biden showed up, they were having meetings with China. China would be happy to do the mining of the world's largest lithium reserves. As we are going to be forced into driving electric cars, China would love to be able to make money off us or cripple us in a future conflict being in control of the batteries. Also terror cells would be allowed to grow in Afghanistan. They've tried truck bombs and airplanes on the World trade center. They may graduate to dirty nuke bombs.

Canadian PM went on tv and announced he called Hillary to talk about issues over there. Nobody wants to talk to a guy who put their citizens in danger or maybe they want to talk to Biden's boss.

The UK parliament voted to hold Biden in contempt.

UK commander trying to evacuate his citizens gets into shouting match with US commander at the airport.

America has not shown itself to be the big man who can lead after putting other nations citizens in danger besides our own. Pure stupidity to the point we have to give thanks to the Taliban for not mowing our citizens down as then attempt to get to the airport. Other nations will take matters into their own hands and maybe go do business with Russia or China. Our weakness will increase chance of war elsewhere. China been hostile with Taiwan to check our response.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2021, 12:20:04 PM »
Meanwhile in afghanistan:

Monday till today : Dutch passport holders turned Away by american army at the airport.

Wednesday onward.Taliban shooting at people trying to approach airport.

From today: Taliban a re e hunting down, torturing and killing all the Afghan people whom helped the west
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Wiz

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2021, 12:50:20 PM »

The UK parliament voted to hold Biden in contempt.

UK commander trying to evacuate his citizens gets into shouting match with US commander at the airport.

America has not shown itself to be the big man who can lead after putting other nations citizens in danger besides our own. Pure stupidity to the point we have to give thanks to the Taliban for not mowing our citizens down as then attempt to get to the airport. Other nations will take matters into their own hands and maybe go do business with Russia or China. Our weakness will increase chance of war elsewhere. China been hostile with Taiwan to check our response.

Your comments and cry sound like the text and theme of an old Greek Theatre Tragedy.........
I don't remember you talking on the same terms when you escaped Saigon..
Any how, I understand you are trying to prove my previous comments that the USA empire will not last further than 2030.....

The End Is Nigh!

Just in case you don't know this expression: "The end is nigh is a phrase frequently used in relation to potential apocalyptical and eschatological events or the Biblical Apocalypse."

MarkJe didn't you read that the American's have 2500 personnel to take care for the safety at the airport of Kabul ?

Meanwhile the British are not doing any better than the Americans. From the papers today!

"Guards at Kabul embassy told they are ineligible for UK protection
Exclusive: 125-strong team hired through outsourced contractor given informal notice they no longer have jobs"

More than 100 guards at the British embassy in Kabul have been told they are not eligible for UK government protection because they were hired through an outsourced contractor, the Guardian has learned.

Most of the 125-strong team of security personnel, employed by the global security firm GardaWorld, have been given informal notice that they no longer have jobs guarding the embassy, several said.

The guards, some of whom had been working for the UK embassy for over a decade, described feeling abandoned by British officials and their employer. Many have been forced into hiding, fearing for their lives.

Meanwhile, more than 100 guards doing the same work for the US embassy, under a separate GardaWorld contract, have been evacuated and others were receiving support from the US embassy, according to a senior Afghan national GardaWorld employee in charge of human resources.

God save America and... the British Government!

tiphat :reading:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2021, 12:51:42 PM »
Almost enough said....but not quite

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

Online AvHdB

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »
Meanwhile in afghanistan:

Monday till today : Dutch passport holders turned Away by american army at the airport.

Wednesday onward.Taliban shooting at people trying to approach airport.

From today: Taliban a re e hunting down, torturing and killing all the Afghan people whom helped the west

Call me cynical, but this is not going to end well. The Taliban wants revenge for almost 20 years in the desert. [/jfont]

Online AvHdB

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2021, 05:19:36 PM »
[quote author=Wiz link=topic=29563.msg525204#msg525204 date=1629415021

Regarding Biden ..... see my previous posts above!

In Greece we say:  Making the same sin two times does not imply a wise person!

Good night!
[/quote]

Well stated.

It is an epic failure by the United States.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2021, 04:52:44 AM »
A most shameful act by the US and allies. History will not  judge kindly the abandonment of a nation and abdication of any responsibility to those it relied on during the past 20 yrs of a senseless war.