The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Buying women an apartment, car or other high ticket items.  (Read 2800 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Buying women an apartment, car or other high ticket items.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »
After the fall of Lugansk to pro Russian separatist she moved to Kiev and did not start another service. Back in 2015 we a had a luncheon date with her in Kiev the four of us. That was the last time I saw her.

What I needed is not sex but rather the warm feeling of being care for. In the end, it is why anyone has a family. If it was about sex I would get a new one every few months. She is just an average looking girl who happens to appreciate me.

Yea what happens here in the USA often the kids grow up and hate you. After twenty years the wife want a divorce and she hates you too. It does not always end well.

What I did here is made someone's life better. Raised a child who would been raised in a very bad way without my help. In returned I am loved and appreciated. Is it a waste of money?

Is it a waste of money? If you get married someday, ask your wife if you can continue to support another woman and her child. My wife is a charitable person and she'd have no problem with me donating to a church, to help animals or starving kids. She would have a problem if I'm supporting another woman and child.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2021, 06:34:28 PM »
I am not married so what does this have to do with anything? If I had a wife she would likely complain also. We have a romantic connection that she gets something out of the relationship. She is both supported and not left destitute. She also emotionally leans on me thru the war and now the virus to make everything work out when it would not be so good without me.  She is in a country with little vaccine and the delta variant. She has the feeling of safety that I will handle any problem. Almost everyone she knows is experiencing employment problems over lock downs.  She does not have this problem. Her son is very attached to me. More than the money I create the feeling in him, he is wanted. She can be FSU stubborn and inflexible. Still this morning I got a letter saying I am the rock that makes her feel safe in all weather.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline AJ

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2021, 07:56:30 AM »
Manny I believe  was
 pointing out the difference in sponsorship* for a conventional reltionship vs unconventional.

If a man is buying a woman a flat,a car etc in hopes of endearing himself to her leading to marriage,is far different than an arrangement where both parties are well aware of the transaction process and expectations.

Tex entered knowingly that difference and is at a point where helping the son  is what feels good to him,no reciprication needed other than basic appreciation.

That's a lot different than a love struck man trying to buy his way into what he hopes to be true romance,
 with what would in general.be considered extravagant gifts

Obviously there are many shades of grey between the black and whites of this,and certainly human relationships are complex enough that generalities are simply that.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
One point I would make is this: what texan77 is doing is unconventional and has many pitfalls. After many years he has likely passed through them and as I noted before, he is satisfied with the arrangement. But, and yes, there's a but. Now that his case is in the open, it is worth discussing because I am sure that some other guys are tempted into what might seem like a similar arrangement. Indeed, we have had tales on this very forum of blokes doing similar stuff with quite a painful denouement.

On that basis, I would certainly say to anyone tempted to emulate Texan77 that 'here be dragons', this his chosen path is full of emotional and financial risk. For example, I have said before that I am of the opinion that Texan is likely supporting another person who he either does not know about or chooses to remain blind to. I think that because I know it happens and I understand the process that leads to that outcome.

Also, from the perspective of the woman who is now the owner of a fancy new apartment that came like manna from heaven and cost only a few sweet words and (possibly) sweaty sessions in bed, her commitment is much lower than the guy's! The guy did what he did from an emotional connection that is likely not reciprocated to the same degree. He has paid the money, and even for a relatively wealthy bloke, the cost is not inconsiderable. So, he faces both an emotional and financial cost. The woman on the other hand has absolutely no cost - no skin in the game. As soon as she chooses to end the relationship she gets to walk away with the prize.

All the bloke can do is to keep on upping the ante, much as Texan77 is doing.

Pay for new boobies, buy her a phone, buy her a car (on a lease, of course) and ensure that the recompense to himself is worthwhile and actually rendered.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Guile

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
Hugh Hefner did the same. how else could a 70+ year old guy have 3 20 something blondes with him? :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2021, 11:39:03 AM »
Texan is a big boy...

Obviously he knows what he is doing and if  it make him happy........it's his business and I have not seen him asking for any advice or anybody forcing him to provide financial support to the woman and her son too and it's pointless criticising him .

Anybody to his own........

That is my simple view
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Valenki

• Spouses Country: Czecho-SLOVAKIA
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2021, 11:03:43 AM »
Something Tex wrote prompted this.

I bought her a flat about five years ago. We went to the stores together and bought all the supplies then hire people to do the work on the interior. I did four trips just buying and working on the flat. I just bought her son a flat and the building is being built. It should be ready next summer for us to start to build the interior. The last flat took nearly a year  after it was finished before all the utilities was hooked up so we are considering that might happen again.

I kinda get buying the woman an apartment, although not something I would do personally. But I do wonder how come Tex ends up buying her son one too?

Try not to make this a pile on please chaps.

It also opens up the wider questions about buying women expensive stuff like cars, apartments, etc. People will Google stuff like this, and there are blokes out there who might imagine this is usual. It isn't.

Tex may have his reasons, but don't y'all go out buying women apartments now lest you end up like this bloke.
As a rule of thumb ... when a woman starts asking for money it is time to find the exit. There are two fundamental reasons for this:

1). Ladies don't ask for money, and in the east (generally speaking) flashing money is what men do for prostitutes so either you are insinuating she is one or her accepting your money gives the impression that she is.

2). If she's a golddigger then buying her everything leaves her no reason to keep you anymore.
Free The Peoples Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk!

Online Texan77

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 11:17:42 PM »
Not really sure if anyone cares. But my girl and her son have spent their first week of the war in Egypt on a package tour.  She has spent the second week of the war in Hungry where the tour they were on returned them to. Since then, they have been in Poland. They are currently able to stay and work in Poland for one year. She says the people in Hungry were very nice to her. The people in Poland are even nicer and very understanding. Consider that there are so many refugees she is completely surprised in a positive way. She wants to return to Ukraine to pick up a few more items from her flat. The air base in Ivona Frankovsk has come under attack which is not far from where she lives. But the city so far has not been hit. The first two and half weeks of the war, the US was not letting Ukrainians in the country if they arrived at the border with Mexico with exceptions being made for women with young children who had some place to go. This has changed where now most Ukrainians are able to enter the USA for one year. Russians are presently being blocked. I would really like to see a change where we let Russians in also.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2022, 11:53:03 PM »
Not really sure if anyone cares. But my girl and her son have spent their first week of the war in Egypt on a package tour.  She has spent the second week of the war in Hungry where the tour they were on returned them to. Since then, they have been in Poland. They are currently able to stay and work in Poland for one year. She says the people in Hungry were very nice to her. The people in Poland are even nicer and very understanding. Consider that there are so many refugees she is completely surprised in a positive way. She wants to return to Ukraine to pick up a few more items from her flat. The air base in Ivona Frankovsk has come under attack which is not far from where she lives. But the city so far has not been hit. The first two and half weeks of the war, the US was not letting Ukrainians in the country if they arrived at the border with Mexico with exceptions being made for women with young children who had some place to go. This has changed where now most Ukrainians are able to enter the USA for one year. Russians are presently being blocked. I would really like to see a change where we let Russians in also.

Hope it all works out for you! Its a tough world out there what ever the situation..in war and peace..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2022, 12:58:02 AM »

Russia doesn't have the luxury to send hundreds of missiles per city to destroy each of them (Islander type), so except if she is living beside a military target she is safe to return to Ivano Frankosk.
And there are no chances that they will drop two parachutists divisions in this city in the next weeks.  :king: Except if they start using nuke tactical weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »

So, your Girlie, has just had a holiday at your expense, after leaving behind in Ukraine the apartment, car, garage, ALL at your expense..
Now she's living the life in Poland, also with you financial support no doubt.. whilst probably pleading to be a refugee..
All that for you to get a "leg over" now and again.. :laugh:
Where is her son, oh yes, you did say, he's escaped along with her, tut, tut Tex, he is old enough to fight for his country which you ardently defend, I hope he knows that he cannot risk returning to Ukraine..
Meanwhile her parents are safely tucked away in Russia, enjoying free accommodation, meals, health care, and money, and if they were pensioners whilst in Donbass, they were getting the pension paid by Russia..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2022, 10:46:12 AM »
Let's hope that the apartment is still in one piece when (if) she returns.

Of course, for her, it is no skin off her nose either way.

Bad news all around for you Texan. On the upside, now you'll find out the state of your relationship.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Texan77

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2022, 03:03:39 PM »

Meanwhile her parents are safely tucked away in Russia, enjoying free accommodation, meals, health care, and money, and if they were pensioners whilst in Donbass, they were getting the pension paid by Russia..

I wish some truth about what you said were true. Yea the paid for vacation was so good my girl mother left and came back home. Before covid my girls mother lived with her parents. They got 6 pensions which they could almost live off. I think all six pensions added up to about 250 dollars a month. After Covid-19 the LNR would no longer let them return to Ukraine to collect the other three pensions. So, they had to live on half the money. My girl grand parents died soon later and her mother lives along. She now own three properties in Lugansk but they are pretty much worthless. She is down to a single pension worth about 40 dollars per month. There is nothing joyful about her life at this time. If my girl did not send her a piece out of the support money I give her she would likely die. Yes Russia pays their pension in Donbas already. Other wise they would not have any population there. Ukraine would pay them pensions in Ukraine but they have to go in Ukraine to collect them. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
Texan is a big boy...

Obviously he knows what he is doing and if  it make him happy........it's his business and I have not seen him asking for any advice or anybody forcing him to provide financial support to the woman and her son too and it's pointless criticising him .

Anybody to his own........

That is my simple view

Wiz, there are times that you come up with a gem of truth!

tiphat   :thumbsup:

Sometimes I wish we would stick to fundamentals and avoid all the nuances. For my self I have stated things I regret, but perhaps that is true of all of us.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration