The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Decline OF The AMERICAN EMPIRE  (Read 1775 times)

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Decline OF The AMERICAN EMPIRE
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 11:40:50 PM »
Manny you have to look no further than yourself and your feeling toward the people of Ukraine to see how powerful .ru fake news is.

You feel you're qualified to teach others about fake news?

Billy: Tex doesn't appear to have or have exhibited on this board such qualifications!!!

Wiz, if the patriots win, there will be no decline of America. If the patriots lose, there will be a decline of America. I'm surprised that the media over there doesn't reveal to you guys that there may be some major changes in America in a few months that will shock the world. Maybe your media and government officials like Biden?

Billy I am not aware of what you are talking about, despite I read USA Newspapers and visit many US and other international sites.

Am I to understand that the ex Us President is organising a civil war together with his KKK and Mafia friends, where the Right will win or most probably the Right will have IT'S OWN VIETNAM WAR AGAIN?

Either way it will be a good END for the rest of the world !

If I had a comedy club, I would invite you three to appear together.

As far as I am aware, the last of the "Court Jesters" was "Dick" Pearce. He was the Earl of Suffolk's "fool", born in 1665 who eventually entered the service of the Berkeley family at Berkeley castle. In 1728 during a performance he overbalanced from the minstrel gallery and fell to his death.

Looks that the Master of the Board, following the old English tradition of the Aristocracy has employed the services of one too! To keep the members happy as well as the post count high, he promoted the old "Don Quixote" of the board to the post of the "Court Jester".

ila_rendered
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2021, 11:43:06 PM »
Manny you have to look no further than yourself and your feeling toward the people of Ukraine to see how powerful .ru fake news is.

You feel you're qualified to teach others about fake news?

Billy: Tex doesn't appear to have or have exhibited on this board such qualifications!!!

Wiz, if the patriots win, there will be no decline of America. If the patriots lose, there will be a decline of America. I'm surprised that the media over there doesn't reveal to you guys that there may be some major changes in America in a few months that will shock the world. Maybe your media and government officials like Biden?

Billy I am not aware of what you are talking about, despite I read USA Newspapers and visit many US and other international sites.

Am I to understand that the ex Us President is organising a civil war together with his KKK and Mafia friends, where the Right will win or most probably the Right will have IT'S OWN VIETNAM WAR AGAIN?

Either way it will be a good END for the rest of the world !

If I had a comedy club, I would invite you three to appear together.

What about moi?  :king:

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2021, 04:38:45 AM »
Tex, Simple question. How much time have you spent in Ukraine?
Tex, you haven't answered this question.  Did you perhaps overlook it, or are you avoiding it?

I'm just curious as it does lend credence to some of your takes.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2021, 07:30:09 AM »
Tex, you haven't answered this question.  Did you perhaps overlook it, or are you avoiding it?

He did answer that one :

Where to do think I am getting this progranda from? It is not on USA media. I get it from being in the country. I go to Ukraine several time a year.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »

He did answer that one :

Where to do think I am getting this progranda from? It is not on USA media. I get it from being in the country. I go to Ukraine several time a year.
Well, not exactly. I was looking for total time, not frequency.

I've been to Sochi several times, but only for a total of 1-2 months as my trips tend to be 2-4 days each. I still have much to learn about the area.

I spent about a year in Russia before I moved here making several trips. I was still a major newly when I arrived for good. My knowledge of all things Russian was vastly superior to what I had known after living here for a couple of years.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 09:56:59 AM »

When it comes to politics, the American mainstream media has gone full propaganda

When you say ex President, you mean Trump? Trump is not a racist and he's actually our legitimate president. He's dated black women, he's loan money to black entrepreneurs when banks wouldn't. He's funded black presidential candidate Jesse Jacksons run for president twice. Biden is a racist. He's attended the funerals of KKK following politicians and had great things to say about them. If a Civil War starts, it'll because the Deep State refuses to give up power.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »
What's wrong Tex did the cartoon hit to close to home for you?  :coffeeread:

My first thought too.

It's a bit snowflakey to be offended by a cartoon. And that's a very old cartoon, he must have sat on it seething for years.

I do not take anything here seriously enough to bothered to be offended. You asked where you ever said anything against the people of the Ukraine so I show you thins. I did remember it because if so shows just how bias RT news is. Their other things you said much further back but I was not willing to go that far back to find them. Just not worth the time.

You lack a grasp of context and nuance.

The guy did that cartoon at the time of the Femen protests. One of the things they were objecting to was sex tourism. Many of the protestors held up signs saying "Ukraine is not a brothel". It became a title of a documentary as well.

Hence the cartoon of an American sex tourist holding up his own sign. We call this humour, Tex.

Only you could transmute that to the poster harbouring "hatred of Ukrainian people" or whatever guff you wrote.

Jeez, I didn't know I had to simplify stuff to this level.  :coffeeread:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »

My first thought too.

It's a bit snowflakey to be offended by a cartoon. And that's a very old cartoon, he must have sat on it seething for years.

I do not take anything here seriously enough to bothered to be offended. You asked where you ever said anything against the people of the Ukraine so I show you thins. I did remember it because if so shows just how bias RT news is. Their other things you said much further back but I was not willing to go that far back to find them. Just not worth the time.

The guy did that cartoon at the time of the Femen protests. One of the things they were objecting to was sex tourism. Many of the protestors held up signs saying "Ukraine is not a brothel". It became a title of a documentary as well.

(Attachment Link)

Hence the cartoon of an American sex tourist holding up his own sign. We call this humour, Tex.

Only you could transmute that to the poster harbouring "hatred of Ukrainian people" or whatever guff you wrote.

Jeez, I didn't know I had to simplify stuff to this level:coffeeread:

This is why I won't waste much time trying to educate the guy about our immoral unconstitutional foreign policy. The guy is simply too far gone.

People like him will not understand how the Iraqi, Libyan and Syrian people feel until another superpower rises up and decides to "liberate" the USA and is dropping bombs on our head, calling any resisters "terrorists" and putting him or his friends and family in a hell hole like Abu Graib prison to be humiliated, tortured and then finally murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

Online Wiz

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 02:22:47 PM »

My first thought too.

(Attachment Link)

Jeez, I didn't know I had to simplify stuff to this level:coffeeread:

This is why I won't waste much time trying to educate the guy about our immoral unconstitutional foreign policy. The guy is simply too far gone.

People like him will not understand how the Iraqi, Libyan and Syrian people feel until another superpower rises up and decides to "liberate" the USA and is dropping bombs on our head, calling any resisters "terrorists" and putting him or his friends and family in a hell hole like Abu Graib prison to be humiliated, tortured and then finally murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

But most Americans claim that USA is the best DEMOCRACY in the world!  :biggrin:

:laugh:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2021, 04:52:47 PM »

I have been going to Ukraine for nine plus years now. The same girl for the last eight plus. I met her on my fourth trip. I make three or four trips a year usually ten days per trip. I like to make it two week ends and stay the week in between .I have spent well over 200 days in Ukraine. I had stop going with Covid-19 so my last trip was when I returned in March 2020. I was going to go this summer but the trip I was planning just was not working out.

I visited them in Lugansk, Zaporizhzhya, Kharkov, Kiev as well as where they now live in Ivona Frankivsk. In the first four trips with out them I was in Odessa, Kherson and Mordovia.

We have a friend in Ukraine that is starting a medical device company. He is planning to make a mini ultra sound machine as a first device. This is a start up company and is very risky at this point. He presently has become her employer. She is very busy and very excited as employees often are with start up companies. Her son off from college is working in another part of the country this summer. She was going thru the empty nest type of feeling also. I am getting old and have been pressing her to find work. The other side of this if I tried to go this summer it would likely not be much of a trip anyway. I most likely would spent all day on the computer writing you guys or something about that exciting. 

I bought her a flat about five years ago. We went to the stores together and bought all the supplies then hire people to do the work on the interior. I did four trips just buying and working on the flat. I just bought her son a flat and the building is being built. It should be ready next summer for us to start to build the interior. The last flat took nearly a year  after it was finished before all the utilities was hooked up so we are considering that might happen again.

I have traveled with them out of the country a couple of times. Once to Poland and once to Honduras. WE have applied for a visa to see if they could visit me in the USA. It may not happen but we are trying. They will both own property and both have other trips out of the country. Hopefully I will be able to get them both proof of employment in Ukraine. With Biden in power it is just a might or might not work. We could not get a date at the embassy until December because of Covid-19.

We often write and text message back and forth during the day. So it feels like I am in almost continual contact with them. A lot of what you get from the time is how observant you are and how much contact you have with people rather than how long you are there. When I am there we also double date with her friends. When I am not there I also hear stories of things that happening, her fears and concerns.   

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Wiz

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »
So you are her " Sugar Daddy"and she has made a big impression on you!

Well done..... everybody to his own but not my "cup of tea!"

tiphat

Of course it's a custom of your country to visit ....err ... Invade foreign countries and then move out having spent in between Trillions of $........ Latest is Afghanistan.....history is been repeated since The Korean war and Vietnam.......!!!

As Taliban gains ground, Pentagon says US withdrawal from Afghanistan more than 90% complete

US Central Command estimates the withdrawal from Afghanistan is more than 90% complete.

I just wonder how many innocent people have lost their lives during the period you were there!

I am sure the Debt of Trillions of $$$  you have spend abroad has kept your home industries going, since the END of WWII ..... but as we discussed earlier now the end of your Empire is coming soon!

:smokin:

Registration