The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Wife Swap  (Read 173 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Wife Swap
« on: April 22, 2021, 06:45:15 PM »
Remembering Benny Hill classics.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Wife Swap
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 01:44:46 PM »
Remembering Benny Hill classics.

I liked Benny Hill I must of been about 10 years old or so when he was on TV.. They would never allow him to be on TV today not in today's sad world all those days are long gone .. Love thy neighbour was a good one..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
Steve, I was thinking the exact same thing. How Benny Hill could never make it onto TV today, yet he's exactly what this World needs.

Real comedy and if the PC brigade doesn't like it, f&^% em.  :chuckle:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »

The States had its own version. Still quite funny. Absolutely not politically correct.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 07:11:34 PM »
A while ago in The States there was humour.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 09:34:29 AM »

When I was in the army in the early 90's and arrived in a new unit, one of my roommates was a big black guy. Being half asian, he always called me "Chink" which is like using the N word on a black person. I shrugged it off as him testing me to see what I'm made of because I'm the new guy. A few weeks after arriving, a soldier in our unit told me never to call my roommate "Boy". I asked why and he said "Boy" is what white people called male slaves over a hundred years ago. Once someone called him that, he went into a rage and beat the guy up. I thanked the solder for the tip. Next time I entered the room, the black guy said how you doing Chink? I responded "What did you say boy?" He laughed and we became good friends.
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2020 on the coronavirus

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:15:43 AM »

When I was in the army in the early 90's and arrived in a new unit, one of my roommates was a big black guy. Being half asian, he always called me "Chink" which is like using the N word on a black person. I shrugged it off as him testing me to see what I'm made of because I'm the new guy. A few weeks after arriving, a soldier in our unit told me never to call my roommate "Boy". I asked why and he said "Boy" is what white people called male slaves over a hundred years ago. Once someone called him that, he went into a rage and beat the guy up. I thanked the solder for the tip. Next time I entered the room, the black guy said how you doing Chink? I responded "What did you say boy?" He laughed and we became good friends.

Im not bothered what people call me! More important things to worry about.. If I was out in some bar and a colored guy said "hey snowflake pass me the vinegar " I would .. Of course if he called me ****nt or something well that's a a different matter .. I see no harm in fun banter and so on.. I got an Indian friend here and Turkish .. Turkish Nic name "Kabab" so what?? Its offensive? To who? people need to lighten up a little..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!