The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: PayPal gone all queer!! It's now GayPal  (Read 4804 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: PayPal gone all queer!! It's now GayPal
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 12:03:12 AM »
Texan77, get rid of your aluminium cooking pots. It's probably too late for you but you could prevent harm to other people.

Steve is  running a Russian business selling services to tourists. Where those tourists are outside Russia he is exporting services. The receipts from outside Russia flow to Russia to benefit the country. That's all good stuff.

Why are you inventing fantasies about corruption? Ah, that's down to the effect of the aluminium pans.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2021, 04:19:28 AM »

We got our Russian bank also offering us merchant services for tours, but the problem there is under Russian law using them you must advertise the prices in the local currency and the International currency .. to much currency fluctuations for that we would have to adjust the bloody prices each day.

Yea you are so in love with Russia why don't you do some type of business where you sell something to Russians and then you can price in the Russian currency.  hmmmm maybe you won't make anything because of the corruption in Russia?

If I want to sell some thing to Russians I can very easily and make money.. BUT I started with dating .. now Im also doing tourism , who said in the future I will not sell something to Russians  :Zzzzsleep: It is no big deal selling direct inside to Russia .. our little one wants a part time job so we are thinking of making a dog walking service for locals some thing like. https://love-dog.ru/service/ You may think it is stupid but you will be surprised how many wealthy babushkas pay dog walkers. You just have to think up some business and do it.

I think your confusing Russia with Ukraine about corruption and so on of course there is some corruption but so what? Are you so stupid to think it is not possible to make a business in Russia selling to Russians in Roubles ? What planet are you living on and what time zone? 1980??  :Zzzzsleep:

There are youngsters all over Russia making online businesses , some making money some not some making lots of money just like in any other country why should it be any different ? Oh yes corruption  :laugh:

There seems to be this thought from many people that it is not possible to set up company in Russia due to corruption .. the same sort of thinking about young Russian brides looking to marry old papas to escape the poverty.. Your living in the 1980's mate completely clueless .. with no idea about anything other than sending money to some women in Ukraine each month..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2021, 07:56:04 AM »
I am sure the dog walking service will make a few rubbles. Why don't you try feeding your family on it?
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2021, 08:47:43 AM »
I am sure the dog walking service will make a few rubbles. Why don't you try feeding your family on it?

I have no need to feed the family on it.. its for our youngest and her mate to earn some extra money and get a little business experience .. maybe they will move onto some bigger project later.. you know so when they are older they will be able to afford to eat at least every other day.. :laugh: :laugh:

I told them it's important to be able  to support them selves and not rely on any food vouchers coming in from the USA.. or cheapo phones being Fedexed to them :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Online Texan77

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2021, 08:01:22 AM »
You actually seem pretty unmotivated. Lot of rich Russians especially in Saint Petersburg but my understanding many of them can be pretty hard to deal with. Even Manny found that dealing with rich Russians was not worth the effort and started buying from the Chinese.  I hope your children good luck.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 10:27:07 AM »
Even Manny found that dealing with rich Russians was not worth the effort and started buying from the Chinese.

I think you were referring to my dealings with those in business in Russia. My experience was they are clueless. They had so much to learn. Probably why there are so few Russian brands anyone has heard of. They started conversations with silly things like "How much do you want to spend?" How about showing me the product first and let's discuss quality, MOQ, lead times, delivery, customs rules, etc.  :fighting0025:

I think selling to locals would be a challenge. Delivery is an issue, logistics aren't so well developed, and it can be long-winded there. People want things like COD. Deliveries seem to take multiple phone calls and of course many flights of stairs. Might be better nowadays if you sell something to the middle class who are better travelled and more used to international norms.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 12:51:26 PM »
Even Manny found that dealing with rich Russians was not worth the effort and started buying from the Chinese.

I think you were referring to my dealings with those in business in Russia. My experience was they are clueless. They had so much to learn. Probably why there are so few Russian brands anyone has heard of. They started conversations with silly things like "How much do you want to spend?" How about showing me the product first and let's discuss quality, MOQ, lead times, delivery, customs rules, etc.  :fighting0025:

I think selling to locals would be a challenge. Delivery is an issue, logistics aren't so well developed, and it can be long-winded there. People want things like COD. Deliveries seem to take multiple phone calls and of course many flights of stairs. Might be better nowadays if you sell something to the middle class who are better travelled and more used to international norms.

They started conversations with silly things like "How much do you want to spend?" Yeah that is defo one of the problems .. For example we are hiring freelance guides .. their first worry is "How will you pay me? When will I get paid" Its always the first thing people will ask even before we discussed what they are actually going to do or even if they are going to do any work full stop.

But one of the worst things I noticed is when it comes for example to finding a web developer company, we had so much trouble finding someone here.. the first thing they want to know is "How big is the project" "how much are you spending" And nearly every firm is simply not interested in doing any small stuff to start with to get to know each other and see how things work out, $500 worth of work not interested.

When I was in the print business years ago new small clients were always worth as much as the big clients and had to have the same amount of attention, here new small clients are Not interesting for most. I found also most get greedy.
When I was in the print business big regular clients were always the bread and butter money , keep them happy offer a great service but not so expensive that they need to think about looking for another supplier.
In Russia its the other way around long established clients that bring in regular work need to be charged the most and prices need to keep going up..F**** who cares if they go elsewhere in a few months lets take as much from them now as possible..that is big problem. They are not interested in growing with you, they don't care about you other than your money.. big problem there..

I do not use any web developers in Russia any more it is as simple as that. We got a web deliver firm actually in our block, they have about 8 guys there had a meeting with them some years ago I thought oh nice right on our doorstep what more can you ask for..Same story no interest in doing small stuff just wanted straight in on a big project..

We got a guy I'm Macedonia that is to clever and good to be true..

If I can help it we do not plan to employ any Russians , Im sure there are plenty of good people out there as there are anywhere but I don't have time to waste finding out.. done it been there and got the t-shirt but that is just my experience and when its just myself and my wife time is money and we have no time for wasting. I would find that problem in the Uk also so the same applies there now.

I think selling to locals would be a challenge. Delivery is an issue, logistics aren't so well developed, and it can be long-winded there

But things are changing very fast and service is defo getting better and logistics.

I have a couple of friends in fairly big business, big business I mean employing hundreds or thousands , one friend from the UK
married to a Oligarch's daughter  they run farming operations all over Russia , he has been organising and marketing the business all over Europe , they have imported Scottish cows here in Leningradski Oblast  :laugh:
They are selling their products just about every where in Europe.

Another friend was in Print they have the contracts all over Russia he started over here years ago got big Russian investment and set up a print shop about 200 employees , he's already semi retired and pretty well cashed out.

There are lots of wealthy Russians here looking to invest in start ups or established companies and not just a few quid! I think many would be surprised how many foreigners here have big backing from very wealthy Russians more than you can imagine. If I was to ever need big investment at some point I can find it tomorrow.

Things are getting better but it's hard work if its just you and jack jones..

Your never going to get as many opportunities to make a pile of cash here as you would anywhere else though, you can pay very little tax on your earnings and setting up company and running a business in Russia is becoming easier and easier despite many still living having the 1980's thinking about red tape and bureaucracy thats all old fashioned thinking, unless you have lived here very recently you will not know..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 06:08:51 AM »
Got the message this morning they are initiating the closure of my PayPal account..

Been selling to much sex stuff, dildo's whips , straps, but plugs and all sorts of things.. :laugh: :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2021, 08:57:03 AM »
That's a bummer.

But it is clear that PayPal understands what the MOB business is really all about these days. :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2021, 08:58:04 AM »
How will you transition subscribers over to another payment system? Or have you already done that?

Excuse me being nosy!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 10:59:23 AM »

Sorry to hear that Steveboy. You're just not politically correct enough these days so you'll get rejected. If you sold something more appropriate, like abortions, you'd still be able to do business with Paypal.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 11:32:34 AM »
How will you transition subscribers over to another payment system? Or have you already done that?

Excuse me being nosy!

I did that some time back as soon as I had the notification weeks back I removed the option..

It makes no difference to sales we had lots of members who usually paid by PayPal they already renewed by credit card, many members would pay PayPal one month card the next I guess depending what side of the bed they got out off. So no bid difference really usually PayPal would be 30/40% of sales but that has been going down slowly and card sales going up..

Im not going to loose any sleep over it more peed me off the way they went about it and no answer on anything , basically F*** Off now we do not work with your type of business. I did a bit of quick research at the time to address the situation and in fact no other sites offer PayPal anyway .. Cupids sites did but they also lost it.. so no big issue.

Only 3 points that peed me off..

1. The redness and absolute disgraceful way they did it, I dont like being written to like im some piece of shit..

2. I had a PayPal  business card which was free to with draw cash so any Payments via PayPal were straight into that card, some times we would be out shopping on the PayPal card and by the time we were home the shopping money had already been replaced ..

3. I set PayPal up as a payment on the tour sites , it does not work there now, there was no mention of just being banned from dating sites, they actually just wanted to close my account like I was some turd..

Im not worried about tour sites either hardly any of the competition offer PayPal .. So I lost nothing there..

Just the way they did it.. that's what happens when Gays and cross dressers take over companies ..BUT I'm sure if I was selling rubber pants and strap ons for gays and cross dressers it would be ok or gave 50% profit to the Carbon Footprint trust.. :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »

Sorry to hear that Steveboy. You're just not politically correct enough these days so you'll get rejected. If you sold something more appropriate, like abortions, you'd still be able to do business with Paypal.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:  Don't be sorry.. things happen but defo Im going to have to get myself a dress and high heels soon!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »
Actually I think it will all go funny in a few more years ..

I have a friend here who has a company mostly offering a activity service to expats kids  and some locals increasingly he is getting people asking "What is your carbon foot print" "Whats is your eco policy" and so on and so on
of course he has to give them some kind of bullshit to keep them happy..

Even funnier one of them said to him a few months back they were not to keen to send their kids to his place as they knew he hung around with me.. they did not like my views and said I was to mouthy.. :laugh: :laugh:  he wouldn't say who it was other wise I would be knocking on their door asking what their problem is..

I had another run in with another expat helmet some time back .. here was this guy telling me I'm old generation and have no idea how to save the fu*** planet , it would be up to people like himself to be responsible for the planet even said he did not want to humiliate me on the subject ...
I pointed out to him before he pushes his ideas on anyone about being responsible for the planet to be responsible himself and pay his taxes in Russia .. he was paying both, under the table teaching English.. :laugh: That shut him up!

Probably will lump the little twat next time I see him out!  I noticed recently people dont like the truth being told to them.. tough

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 11:56:54 AM »
It just keeps getting harder to spend dollars in Russia.

https://uawire.org/kremlin-russia-prepares-to-part-ways-with-visa-and-mastercard

https://uawire.org/european-parliament-mps-call-for-disconnecting-russia-from-swift

I already have to call a special number at my bank and pre-approve any foreign purchases (:)
Somebody at the bank apparently thinks Steveboy is a Russian scammer!   :chuckle: .
(I learned this when the payment wouldn't go through at B&L. I received a letter a couple of days later explaining the procedure. )
"Politicians are like prostitutes, they go with whoever pays the most money."
Donetsk separatist fighter

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »
It just keeps getting harder to spend dollars in Russia.

https://uawire.org/kremlin-russia-prepares-to-part-ways-with-visa-and-mastercard

https://uawire.org/european-parliament-mps-call-for-disconnecting-russia-from-swift

I already have to call a special number at my bank and pre-approve any foreign purchases (:)
Somebody at the bank apparently thinks Steveboy is a Russian scammer!   :chuckle: .
(I learned this when the payment wouldn't go through at B&L. I received a letter a couple of days later explaining the procedure. )

How do you work that out then? Our bank/card processor is in the USA!! :chuckle:  Web site is not even in Russia.. :laugh:

It's not International either .. for you its local.. just down the road..

Are you sure you have money on your card.. if you got some money there your not going to have any problems.. easy really, problem today lots of guys looking for a cheap Russian wife have no money.. it's as simple as that..If you need to spread a months payment over 12 months let me know I will see if I can set up a monthly payment plan...

Sort your finances out.. :thumbsup: