The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: COVID vaccine in Russia  (Read 1132 times)

Offline sailor291

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
COVID vaccine in Russia
« on: March 04, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
The wife keeps hearing on Russian media that the COVID vaccine is easily and readily available to just walk up and get all over Russia.  What’s the truth to this?

Offline yankee

Re: COVID vaccine in Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
The wife keeps hearing on Russian media that the COVID vaccine is easily and readily available to just walk up and get all over Russia.  What’s the truth to this?

Yes, my wife says the same.  Most of her Russian friends have already had their shots.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:26:33 PM »
Yeah just walk in just about every where... Think I will do mine in Moscow this weekend..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 12:35:57 AM »
Vaccines are available for free and for a price, depending on where you go (Chaika Clinic for example will charge you 1000ru., with consultation. Mostly free though.

Also, and it might be interesting to some, if you or anyone gets the virus, treatment, even hospitalisation should it get that far, is free for everyone including foreigners.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 06:36:44 AM »
Hello, guys. A little about vaccination in Russia.
There is no problem for the Russians to act through the State Services. My application was registered and forwarded to the Regional Department of Health.
The call for 1 vaccination came in 4 days. 1 vaccine - February 12. 2 vaccine - March 5. While I arrived home, a Certificate of Vaccination from State Services came to my email. Vaccination Sputnik, no side effects. The older generation is present for vaccination. Age category 60+. I recommend.

Registration