The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Life on Mars  (Read 291 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Life on Mars
« on: February 17, 2021, 01:47:16 AM »
Tomorrow the new Rover arrives and lands on Mars.. you can even watch live! Absolutely amazing stuff humans can do so much stuff pity they waste their time fighting each other..

Shortly Nasa maybe able to tell everyone if there is or was life on Mars..They got the lot on this rover..

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/25473/perseverance-arrives-at-mars-feb-18-2021-mission-trailer/?fbclid=IwAR0-6uRI8ibBx68GN61NyuQZLyMYPLR3RWzPygmpllORYWel9ElOLwHaR9k
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Brillynt

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Life on Mars
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:01 AM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing. This just shows what humans can do if they can put aside differences and work together.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing. This just shows what humans can do if they can put aside differences and work together.

That made me wonder if Mars has an atmosphere a drone can be flown in, as opposed to a vacuum. Google tells me that the atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 per cent carbon dioxide. That seems quite challenging but if they've sent one, it'll no doubt work.

Very interesting indeed.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Let's see how this post ages:

Trump will 100% be the President on Jan 20. History is about to be made and the World gets to see how real Americans deal with corruption.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »

That made me wonder if Mars has an atmosphere a drone can be flown in, as opposed to a vacuum. Google tells me that the atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 per cent carbon dioxide. That seems quite challenging but if they've sent one, it'll no doubt work.

Very interesting indeed.

Perhaps ms(moby) is the pilot and will regale us with tales of his service.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online BillyB

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 09:55:23 PM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing.

Perseverance is the size of a small car and is taller than a human. It also records sound....so we can hear the wind, animals or aliens.
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2020 on the coronavirus

Online Brillynt

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Here is the latest about the drone name Ingenuity.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/nasa-s-mars-helicopter-reports-in

It will be awhile before it attempts the first flight.

Online BillyB

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 09:16:25 PM »

Perseverance is equipped with 19 cameras and have already taken over 4000 photographs which can be seen in the link below

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/raw-images/
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2020 on the coronavirus

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 05:48:42 AM »
Did you all watch the landing?  tiphat Clever stuff..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!