The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Protests in Russia  (Read 960 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Protests in Russia
« on: January 23, 2021, 05:04:50 AM »
Our youngest one 12!! Was ready to go demonstrate today in the centre with all her little schools friends .. seems someone has been trying to get as many school kids to attend as possible..

We told her.. see you later then.. don't expect us to bail you out.. :laugh:

Funny how the BBC is already showing school kids protesting every where in EVERY Town..

They dont do that with the protests in France,, actually they don't show them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: Protests in Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »
The Man a the center of the protest.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline yankee

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »
The Man a the center of the protest.

I wonder how much he was paid for this video?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Texan77

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 12:52:43 PM »
If it was about corruption in the USA you would never ask a question like that.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline yankee

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 01:47:23 PM »
If it was about corruption in the USA you would never ask a question like that.

I do not accept corruption from anyone.  Look into his activities in Kirov.  And where is he getting all of the money to do his activities?

Offline Texan77

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 02:57:29 PM »
OK tell us where all this money is coming from and how much it is. 

Offline yankee

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »
OK tell us where all this money is coming from and how much it is.

I will tell you what.  You answer my question first.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 06:41:26 PM »
It really does not matter where the money is coming from. Is the material real in the video real? I bet it is.  I just ask you back the question you asked me. Most likely where you believe the money is likely fake anyway.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »
While some of the premises regarding Russian society I think are correct. A. Navalny is not what V. Putin fears the most. Rather it will be be something that blindsides him and the regime.

There is a part of me that feels the West should get over this concept of regime change. Leave Putin and cronies to be and look at the bigger picture. Does the West really need a unbalanced Russia? Perhaps they should take there loses in the Donbas and get on with life?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Texan77

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 07:19:04 PM »
Where is the west involved here? Putin's empire will fall apart whether we do anything or not one day. That day is coming closer as it takes less money and effort to destabilize him every year.  What no one is doing here is looking at the video and see why Putin is having a problem. Just want to blame the USA as always.

We are having a problem in the USA. The system is not working as well as it did. The democrats and republicans have become too far apart for the government to function like it used to.  Russia is also having a problem. The system is not working as well as it once did. The economy has stalled and there is no big bad west to blame everything on.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 01:14:53 AM »
Where is the west involved here? Putin's empire will fall apart whether we do anything or not one day. That day is coming closer as it takes less money and effort to destabilize him every year.  What no one is doing here is looking at the video and see why Putin is having a problem. Just want to blame the USA as always.
Wishful thinking again Tex?

I guess those sanctions imposed on Russia by the US 5 years ago and the continuing escalation of sanctions over the last 5 years has had no affect on the Russian economy, huh?

Russians are well aware of what's going on in their country. You, on the other hand, haven't a clue and rely on horseshit videos like the one you posted or articles written by MSM sources.

Why don't you come to Russia and ask people what they think of Navalny? I mean anyone over 21. Sure he has his followers, but they're mostly very young people who haven't a clue either as to why they're against Putin or what they're protesting.

You won't get the response you're looking for as most here think Navalny is a Western puppet and a useful idiot.

I heard a good analogy about Russia from an American source (can't remember exactly who it was) that went something like this: New Yorkers are always critical of Los Angeles and like to make jokes about about LA regarding its lifestyle, economy, etc. but no one in LA even thinks about New York.

Now change New York/LA with America and Russia and you'll get the picture. Nobody thinks about America here, but America, especially the government and media are obsessed with Russia.

We are having a problem in the USA. The system is not working as well as it did. The democrats and republicans have become too far apart for the government to function like it used to.  Russia is also having a problem. The system is not working as well as it once did. The economy has stalled and there is no big bad west to blame everything on.
Actually, in many areas of the "system" it's functioning better than ever in Russia. Take agriculture for instance. Russia can now produce food for its citizens and profit from it like never before.

Why don't you come and see the packed shopping malls? Aviapark, the biggest mall in Europe, is a literal madhouse on the weekends.

There are more new products than ever before available to people since I started living here.

Why don't you check out the World Bank's prediction of 2-3% growth this year? Modest yes, but upward.

Europe is also (mostly) on the Russia side when it comes to the supply of natural gas to the region no matter how hard the US tries to impose more sanctions.

You can't even figure out that the US has become a corporate oligarchy which has been going on since the 80's. It's a one-party system that uses political theatre to divide the populous and steal their money under the guise of democrat and republican. The CARES Act was the latest theft of the American middle class that was voted on 96-0 in the Senate and transferred billions to corporations and financial institutions.

Hey, don't worry, you got your $1200. (:). IOW, worry about your own country.

Tex, we get it, you have a hard on for Putin. Seems you need to relax a bit and let the blood flow back to your brain. Maybe then your posts will start to make sense.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 01:37:57 AM »

You can't even figure out that the US has become a corporate oligarchy which has been going on since the 80's. It's a one-party system that uses political theatre to divide the populous and steal their money under the guise of democrat and republican. The CARES Act was the latest theft of the American middle class that was voted on 96-0 in the Senate and transferred billions to corporations and financial institutions.

Not sure who wrote or said it (Danchik) but the United States has become Kabuki Theatre. While D. Trump I believe tried to alter this, his own ego and an almost bottomless swamp thwarted his goals.

Putin is in many respects good for Russia, perfect no. But since he assumed power he has moved the country forward. Something lacking in The United States.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 01:02:16 PM »

Not sure who wrote or said it (Danchik) but the United States has become Kabuki Theatre. While D. Trump I believe tried to alter this, his own ego and an almost bottomless swamp thwarted his goals.

Putin is in many respects good for Russia, perfect no. But since he assumed power he has moved the country forward. Something lacking in The United States.

The main question is if not Putin, who?

Most here can't think of anyone whom can do better all things considered. I get it, if you under 30, especially 25 and all you've ever known is Putin, you'd want to change. If not Putin, who?
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »
Worth noting, Putin did not 'assume power'. He has been elected at each election for which he has stood by a large majority of the electorate.

The lack of credible opposition is still an issue, just as it was 15 years ago when he started working to build a credible opposition platform. But now, as then, how do you oppose the achievements that have unfolded since 2000? Yes, higher taxes please, yes, to worse healthcare, yes to lower living standards? I doubt that any sane Russian would call the place an earthly paradise but one would truly have to be insane to think that Russia has not moved forward in pretty much any area one might think of.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 04:52:44 AM »
The people protesting are just fools! Putin is a great leader and MOST like him..

They already tried to hoodwink our kids in to protesting.. little one 12 years old said she was going to protest for her values.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then you got the other muppets complaining about Putin robbing them.. yeah well Russia has one of the best tax systems in the world .. if you want to start your own business or go self employed you can choose the simplified tax system and pay 6% Tell me where else you can do this? The funny thing is you will get some people complaining (And I know a few) who never had a proper job and never paid a rubble tax in their life.. nothing.. never always lived under the radar as you could say.. ( Nothing wrong with that if you want that also but keep your mouth closed about others doing the same just on a bigger scale ) BUT they still complain. so basically they are worse than the guy they are complaining about.. see it so many times also think they are owed a living and everyone else is better off in the world.. all gets boring..

The end of the day nearly every leader is bent in some way .. every country has big crooks .. look at SIR and LADY Philip Green.. yeah in the UK also.. so best to get on with your own life I say..its pretty easy really where ever you live if your willing to do some work and get out of bed in the morning..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!