The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 1984 Style Tech Takeover? Twitter & FB Ban Trump. Apple & Google Remove Parler.  (Read 15136 times)

Offline tfcrew

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Can somebody tell me exactly what President Trump supposedly said that was so egregious?  I don’t mean what you may think he meant, what exactly did he say?
Listen to the first 10 seconds of the video.......

I hear the words "peacefully and patriotically".
If there had been no melee...there could have been no claim about one.
Just more fuss and hate from the opposition.
...I have no problem whatsoever with the removal of Trump from social media platforms. ....--- Among Trump's base are some very deplorable people. White supremacists, Christian Nationalists,  ...where Trump supporters gather to be indoctrinated in the latest bullshit rumors that do nothing but make them angrier and angrier and dumber and dumber as we've seen here on the forum.
Well, listen to you. Do you you have a problem with Christians? Hey..what if you were removed from the internet? Just like that? How would you feel? Seems like you are the angry one. And just who do you think is dumb on this forum? Tread lightly...you don't have the comrades on this forum that you do on the other one. I don't usually post here but noticed that your pal msnob is "sacrochet" ----------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline Contrarian

Can somebody tell me exactly what President Trump supposedly said that was so egregious?  I don’t mean what you may think he meant, what exactly did he say?
Listen to the first 10 seconds of the video.......

I hear the words "peacefully and patriotically".
If there had been no melee...there could have been no claim about one.
Just more fuss and hate from the opposition.
...I have no problem whatsoever with the removal of Trump from social media platforms. ....--- Among Trump's base are some very deplorable people. White supremacists, Christian Nationalists,  ...where Trump supporters gather to be indoctrinated in the latest bullshit rumors that do nothing but make them angrier and angrier and dumber and dumber as we've seen here on the forum.
Well, listen to you. Do you you have a problem with Christians? Hey..what if you were removed from the internet? Just like that? How would you feel? Seems like you are the angry one. And just who do you think is dumb on this forum? Tread lightly...you don't have the comrades on this forum that you do on the other one. I don't usually post here but noticed that your pal msnob is "sacrochet" ----------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What does "sacrochet" mean? Please and thank you.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
I don't usually post here but noticed that your pal msnob is "sacrochet" ----------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What does "sacrochet" mean? Please and thank you.

Being dyslexic has its advantages, I read sacrosanct.   :laugh:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
While the US might be the leader in terms of censorship the rest of the 'Free World' is not far behind, not least because it is USAian companies that are the gatekeepers to mass social media and communication.

What an odd paradox it will be when we use Chinese and Russian social media for free speech. Of course, when that happens these outlets will be blocked from the Internet in the USA and other countries by a Great Wall.

In the other thread in the video Loyalman posted, the guy giving the speech said Facebook and twitter were inventions of the CIA. If that is true, then I'm sure Russian and Chinese intelligence know that too. Social media is a great place to list everything about oneself so less work for intelligence agencies when it comes to information gathering.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline BillyB

Did you guys know that Democrats called for immediate investigations after the 'Storming of the Capitol' and there were arrests right away yet after 2 months, they refuse to cooperate with an election fraud investigation? They won't let anybody inspect the voting machines and they continue to shred ballots?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline tfcrew

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
 What does "sacrochet" mean?
сокращать ....sack crow' chet [accent on the crow]
Literally-- axed ....figuratively--kicked out, dismissed, chet canned, shunned, relieved of membership, ostracized, blackballed, snubbed, BANNED [but then you knew that huh..about msnob?]
Like a bunch of *puppets...the Democrats voted unanimously to impeach Pres Trump. I guess none of them wanted to feel that old shunned feeling.
*Apologies to all other puppets

Online mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: 1984 Takeover? It's worse than you've imagined
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2021, 04:34:21 PM »
My Senator Ted Cruz of Texas has been threatened to be put on the
No Fly List by elected Democrat Homeland Security Committee Chair
Rep. Bennie Thompson because of his political views

House Homeland Security Chair Wants Ted Cruz
and Josh Hawley on the No-Fly List

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/a-terrorist-is-a-terrorist-house-homeland-security-chair-wants-ted-cruz-and-josh-hawley-on-the-no-fly-list/

"Terrorists" Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley should be on
no-fly list, House homeland security chair says

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/12/terrorists-ted-cruz-and-josh-hawley-should-be-on-no-fly-list-house-homeland-security-chair-says/

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I don't agree that they should be on no fly lists, I just find it hysterical that someone would want that.

Offline Contrarian

What does "sacrochet" mean?
сокращать ....sack crow' chet [accent on the crow]
Literally-- axed ....figuratively--kicked out, dismissed, chet canned, shunned, relieved of membership, ostracized, blackballed, snubbed, BANNED [but then you knew that huh..about msnob?]
Like a bunch of *puppets...the Democrats voted unanimously to impeach Pres Trump. I guess none of them wanted to feel that old shunned feeling.
*Apologies to all other puppets

Burning down Police stations, robbing Billions of dollars of expensive goods including cars, murdering people in the wrong place; apparently not an insurrection according to the demo rats.  :sick0012:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Billy, it might be that facebook or twitter were set up by intelligence agencies. But i doubt it.
To be honest, it does not matter to me.

However, it is counterproductive for social media to ban people if social media is controlled by intelligence agencies  It removes objects of surveillance, and not just those who are banned,  from observation. Not sensible.

So, if these outlets were initiated by intelligence agencies then they are almost certainly not controlled by them now.

When we use open(ish) media to communicate only an idiot would think their communication was private thus any surveillance is irrelevant to most people. Of course there are plenty of idiots whose idiocy leads to surprises.

No, the censorship we are seeing comes from people who want to control what we say or think.

Intelligence agencies don't care what we say or think. Intelligence agencies just want to be able to hear, record, and analyse what we say. Open and free communication serves their needs better than censorship.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

1984 Takeover? It's worse than you've imagined
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2021, 03:19:21 PM »
AOC says Congress may form commission to ‘rein in’ media after Capitol riot
https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/aoc-congress-discussing-probe-to-rein-in-media-after-capitol-riot/

Georgia state senators who backed attempts to overturn presidential
election stripped of committee assignments

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/534154-georgia-state-senators-who-backed-attempts-to-overturn-presidential

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BillyB

Billy, it might be that facebook or twitter were set up by intelligence agencies. But i doubt it.
To be honest, it does not matter to me.

I would not believe it either but after doing some digging for people in the know, the CEO of overstock Patrick Byrne who slept with Russian spy Maria Butina because the FBI asked him to gather info also cooperated with them to offer Hillary an 18 million dollar bribe before the election. She accepted although the bribe wasn't real and Obama was going to use that to control her when she became President. At first Patrick thought he was doing good for his country until he realize the people asking him to do stuff were corrupt. He didn't needed to be bribed to help his country but they did tell him "We make billionaires"

The intelligence agencies don't control big tech. Its the people in charge in control of the intelligence agencies that controls big tech. Notice how big tech all censored Trump and millions of followers at the same time under the disguise those people are violent based off setting them up when allowing them to enter the Capitol?

Twitter CEO secretly recorded saying he's going after much more people than Trump.

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/status/1349861802595807233

Offline BillyB

I want to add  the CEO of overstock Patrick Byrne who slept with Russian spy Maria Butina believed the FBI allowed Maria Butina to hang around too long before arresting her. He suspects the FBI wanted her to compromise as many people as possible so they'd gather dirt on businessmen and politicians which they or the bosses they answer to can control. One boss was Obama.

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Laying Out Roadmap for Future Censorship (Video)
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2021, 09:06:15 AM »
Author: Project Veritas
14th January, 2021

Twitter Insider Records CEO Jack Dorsey Laying Out Roadmap for Future Political Censorship
'We Are Focused on One Account [President Trump] Right Now, But This is Going to be Much Bigger Than Just One Account'

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/exclusive-twitter-insider-records-ceo-jack-dorsey-laying-out-roadmap-for/

Offline Manny

Facebook now trying to bully a country, Australia in this case. From the BBC:

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has said his government will not be intimidated by Facebook blocking news feeds to users.

He described the move to "unfriend Australia" as arrogant and disappointing.

Facebook is responding to a proposed law which would make tech giants pay for news content on their platforms.

It says the legislation "fundamentally misunderstands" the relationship between the platform and publishers.

Australians on Thursday woke up to find that Facebook pages of all local and global news sites were unavailable. People outside the country are also unable to read or access any Australian news publications on the platform.

Several government health and emergency pages were also blocked. Facebook later asserted this was a mistake and many of these pages are now back online.

Both Google and Facebook have fought the law, saying it unfairly "penalises" their platforms.

However, in contrast to Facebook, Google has in recent days signed payment deals with major Australian media outlets. Facebook's action came hours after Google agreed to pay Rupert Murdoch's News Corp for content from news sites across its media empire.

What is the response to the ban?

In a statement posted on Facebook, Mr Morrison said that big tech companies might be changing the world but this did not mean they should run it.

"Facebook's actions to unfriend Australia today, cutting off essential information services on health and emergency services, were as arrogant as they were disappointing," he said.

Australia vs tech firms: What’s this row about?

News publishers fight tech giants for better deals
"I am in regular contact with the leaders of other nations on these issues. We simply won't be intimidated," he added.

Mr Morrison urged Facebook to work constructively with the government, "as Google recently demonstrated in good faith".

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said the ban on news information had a "huge community impact". About 17 million Australians visit the social media site every month.

Consumption of digital news through social media and search engines is growing in Australia, according to the Reuters Digital News Report for 2020.

Some 37% of consumers who took part said they had gained access to news via social media over the course of a week, compared with 31% who had directly accessed websites or apps, the report said.

Western Australia Premier Mark McGowan accused Facebook of "behaving like a North Korean dictator".

Facebook Australia: PM Scott Morrison 'will not be intimidated' by tech giant
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

Facebook is trying to control speech and influence who gets elected. I once read they were started by the CIA. A place where people freely post everything about themselves and a place the CIA can collect data. Now Facebook is controlling which politicians look good or bad by controlling speech and news.

Online 2tallbill

Have you noticed some series on Netflix especially the period dramas now have coloureds every where.. as fas as I was aware from History back in the 17/18th Century the only coloureds were either slaves or street cleaners or servants.. But it seems Noooooooo they were also part of the aristocracy .. yes they also has mansions in London.. went shopping in Gucci and Armani had stables with horses ..in fact about 50% of the population was coloured  ???

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/netflix-s-bridgerton-shonda-rhimes-reinvents-how-present-race-period-ncna1251989

Mmmmm next up the German concentration camps never actually incinerated anyone..they had tea parties in Belson.. :chuckle:

I see they are re making Roots with White slaves to show diversity  :ROFL:

They also have many space science fiction programs where all sorts
of countries have a space program for going to Mars and such.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Without doubt the bugs in Star Shipper Troopers were just a misunderstood alien life form.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Big Tech monopolies result in huge wealth increases.

https://www.nationofchange.org/2021/04/20/a-third-of-u-s-billionaire-wealth-gains-since-1990-have-come-during-pandemic/

Just need another world war and all will be sorted then.. wars always help ..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

https://www.nationofchange.org/2021/04/20/a-third-of-u-s-billionaire-wealth-gains-since-1990-have-come-during-pandemic/

Hopefully you're joking. Wars only benefit the bankers and a few other "elites".

Most people suffer. Last thing the world needs is another war.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident

Hopefully you're joking. Wars only benefit the bankers and a few other "elites".

Most people suffer. Last thing the world needs is another war.

No the world does not need it! But the world is full of greedy people who do need it..

We all want to make money! But for some its never enough, you got all the Bill gates and fake philanthropists around they always need more..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online 2tallbill

1984 Takeover? It's worse than you've imagined
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2021, 04:26:22 PM »
Now you can't publish books written by conservatives OR people who worked
for conservatives AND you better not talk about Big Tech

Simon & Schuster cancels Sen. Josh Hawley's book following Capitol violence
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/simon-schuster-cancels-sen-josh-hawley-s-book-following-capitol-n1253390

‘There Is a Tension There’: Publishers Draw Fire Signing Trump Officials
https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/27/there-is-a-tension-there-publishers-draw-fire-signing-trump-officials/

Simon & Schuster Cancels Plans for Senator Hawley’s Book
The publisher faced calls to drop the Missouri Republican’s upcoming book,
“The Tyranny of Big Tech,”
following criticism of his efforts to overturn the presidential election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/books/simon-schuster-josh-hawley-book.html

You can't force an attorney to testify against their client, the radical left
solution is to investigate the attorney in order to get illegal information.
First Cohen now Giuliani. They.............. 
1. Alert the media
2. Then they send Jackbooted thugs to make the person look like a
drug dealer

Rudy Giuliani responds to the feds raiding his NYC apartment
https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/28/rudy-giuliani-responds-to-the-feds-raiding-his-nyc-apartment/

Offline BillyB

The Feds took everything but left Hunter Biden's hard drives behind.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/wow-doj-hacks-left-hunter-bidens-computer-hard-drives-rudys-apartment-raid-took-everything-else/

The Feds have targeted another Trump attorney. This audit really got the Democrats panicking.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/biden-doj-raided-former-trump-attorney-victoria-toensing-time-giuliani/

I remember when Giuliani hired a bunch of law firms to investigate fraud and employees there were doxed. Their and their families lives were threatened so many law firms quit. Those weak attorneys who buckled under pressure should be safe from getting a knock on the door from the Feds. If I go missing for a few days, it may be because the Feds hauled me away. I donated money for investigations into election fraud. Hope Putin speaks up and lets America know it's bad for our reputation to go after political enemies.

Offline Contrarian

Re: 1984 Takeover? It's worse than you've imagined
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2021, 08:51:32 PM »
Now you can't publish books written by conservatives OR people who worked
for conservatives AND you better not talk about Big Tech

Simon & Schuster cancels Sen. Josh Hawley's book following Capitol violence
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/simon-schuster-cancels-sen-josh-hawley-s-book-following-capitol-n1253390

‘There Is a Tension There’: Publishers Draw Fire Signing Trump Officials
https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/27/there-is-a-tension-there-publishers-draw-fire-signing-trump-officials/

Simon & Schuster Cancels Plans for Senator Hawley’s Book
The publisher faced calls to drop the Missouri Republican’s upcoming book,
“The Tyranny of Big Tech,”
following criticism of his efforts to overturn the presidential election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/books/simon-schuster-josh-hawley-book.html

You can't force an attorney to testify against their client, the radical left
solution is to investigate the attorney in order to get illegal information.
First Cohen now Giuliani. They.............. 
1. Alert the media
2. Then they send Jackbooted thugs to make the person look like a
drug dealer

Rudy Giuliani responds to the feds raiding his NYC apartment
https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/28/rudy-giuliani-responds-to-the-feds-raiding-his-nyc-apartment/

I am going to write a very simple letter to Simon and Shuster and ask them to reconsider their decision.

Censorship should not have any place in the USA. Even though it's already bad, it will get worse if more Conservatives do not speak up. So speak up folks!