The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?  (Read 8118 times)

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »
THANKS for the information, I will read it in detail  :thumbsup: tiphat

I ahve copied a post from another thread, it describes a city in Siberia by the author I. Frazier, from the book 'Travels in Siberia'. I have bolded the cities that he mentions.

While “Travels in Siberia” are primarily one persons observations and experiences crossing by car Siberia. The authour Ian Frazier does notice the women of Siberia, in one passage he note. “Deciding against a visit to the spot where Ded Moroz the Russian Santa Claus was born, I instead sat with Sergei in the van writing in my notebook. . . not saying anything, one beautiful woman after the next walked by. We found we both were looking up every minute or so. I remarked on this phenomenon to Sergei and he agreed it was surprising. After half an hour I concluded that Velikii Ustyug has more beautiful women per capita than any other city in the world.”

Further along he describes his journey and the frequent stops in the taiga and setting up camp. “I’m not saying that women paraded trough our campsites wherever we happened to be, but they did show occasionally, even when we were camping far from any village. A few nights before, . . . I had just got into my sleeping bag when Sergei rousted me out so I could meet two women he describes as school teachers eager to meet me. They wanted to see the America and I think Sergei had felt compelled to prove that he really did have one. . . The idea of chasing women in Siberia would have made me nervous even if I was not married. Sergei and Volodya found my reluctance mystifying. ?

Further West he reaches Krasnoyarsk he notices “Looking around, I noticed that beautiful women were in fact walking everywhere, as if I had wandered onto a set of a science-fiction movie about a city inhabited by only beautiful women. The numbers of beauties in Krasnoyarsk would put even Velikii Ustyug in the shade.”

He continues and makes an interesting observation; “It still strikes me as strange that during the Cold War we in America liked to believe that Russian women were not beautiful at all. Longtime fans of football in the United States may remember a light-beer commercial of twenty-five to thirty years ago that imagined a Russian beauty contest in which very fat, be warted, missing teeth women in bathing suits promenaded down before judges and flashbulbs . . . How could we get the facts so wrong?” He muses, he points to misconceptions from the 2nd World War or perhaps the wives of Russian leaders who did not look any more attractive than the leaders.

He continues; “Or maybe the error goes back to John Quincy Adams. . . Adams describes . . . and he mentions repeatedly how ugly Russian women were. “ A bit further on he comes to the Marquis de Custine who in 1839 published his journals, in fact they became popular on the continent. Oddly enough though they were banned in Russia, as way of background the Marquis was openly homosexual.  He notes and I quote from Frazier; “’but when they are handsome their beauty is perfect’. He went on; ‘They posses all the vague and shadowy delicacy of the women of the north, united with all the voluptuousness of Oriental females’”

Further on Frazier notes an interesting fact; “The first time American men met Russian women in large members” was during the time when there was an American Expeditionary Force in Siberia of the 6,000 personnel 700 married Russian women or 6%. The General leading the forces was not pleased but higher ups told him not to punish these soldiers.

Bear in mind beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Rápido como el viento, silencioso como el bosque, raudo y devastador como el fuego, inmóvil como una montaña.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 09:58:23 PM »
You have never met these women, therefore they are not/were not your girlfriends.

Nothing is real until you meet in person. You can get scammed in any city. I suspect you should probably hire a professional wingman to protect you at first.

When I talk about that city, it is because the girlfriends I had were from that city, which is why more or less I know what the weather is like or how dangerous it is because of what the girls I spoke with online or video told me.

Thanks for your answer, I have mentioned the city of Khabarovsk before, it is a very small city where it is very cold, I do not dislike it, it is an option that I have in mind, once again thank you for your opinion.

Very small and cold?  :biggrin: If you consider plus 40 C cold... it's an usual summer temperature for that place  :coffeeread: and normal size city. Hope you have enough common sense not to plan your visit during winter, it will be really dangerous  :biggrin:
I remember Perivians singing at Vladivostok streets few years ago, a little exotic for Russian Far East.
IMHO, your safety will depend on your plans and behavior.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2020, 10:01:06 PM »
everything you tell me is obvious, that is already known.

You have never met these women, therefore they are not/were not your girlfriends.

Nothing is real until you meet in person. You can get scammed in any city. I suspect you should probably hire a professional wingman to protect you at first.

When I talk about that city, it is because the girlfriends I had were from that city, which is why more or less I know what the weather is like or how dangerous it is because of what the girls I spoke with online or video told me.

Thanks for your answer, I have mentioned the city of Khabarovsk before, it is a very small city where it is very cold, I do not dislike it, it is an option that I have in mind, once again thank you for your opinion.

Very small and cold?  :biggrin: If you consider plus 40 C cold... it's an usual summer temperature for that place  :coffeeread: and normal size city. Hope you have enough common sense not to plan your visit during winter, it will be really dangerous  :biggrin:
I remember Perivians singing at Vladivostok streets few years ago, a little exotic for Russian Far East.
Rápido como el viento, silencioso como el bosque, raudo y devastador como el fuego, inmóvil como una montaña.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »
If that was true, you would write: "the girls who I was interested in". You did not write that, therefore it isn't obvious.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »
They were friends or girlfriends from a distance, it is obvious that it does not exist until we meet personally, do not distort the topic of this post please, thank you!

If that was true, you would write: "the girls who I was interested in". You did not write that, therefore it isn't obvious.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2020, 10:10:05 PM »
I am not distorting anything. Words have real meaning, if you use them correctly. If you come here asking for help, don't be a smart ass if someone corrects you.

Otherwise if you obviously know everything, there's no need for you to be here.

They were friends or girlfriends from a distance, it is obvious that it does not exist until we meet personally, do not distort the topic of this post please, thank you!

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:36 PM »
I repeat, do not distort the issue please, I am asking about cities, I hope you can understand, thank you!

I am not distorting anything. Words have real meaning, if you use them correctly. If you come here asking for help, don't be a smart ass if someone corrects you.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2020, 10:21:45 PM »
Every city in Russia can be dangerous for a smartass who takes the wrong tone, and that is not a distortion. With your comprehension problems, if you think I am distorting this issue, you are really going to suffer when you get a dose of a strong Russian woman.  :laugh:

I repeat, do not distort the issue please, I am asking about cities, I hope you can understand, thank you!

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2020, 10:23:59 PM »
ok, thanks for your messages  :thumbsup:

Every city in Russia can be dangerous for a smartass who takes the wrong tone, and that is not a distortion. With your comprehension problems, if you think I am distorting this issue, you are really going to suffer when you get a dose of a strong Russian woman.  :laugh:

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2020, 11:07:33 PM »
Serch, Every city is going to have 'good' neighborhoods and 'bad' ones. I know Kiev quite well, I know enough not to visit certain parts of the city. I am certain the same can be said for New York City, Moscow and Lima.

You were hopefully given or learned common sense. USE IT.

As for the ultimate goal of a woman from Russia, if you look at the home page of RUA. There is an offer from Steve who has already commented on this thread. It is free. You have nothing to lose except some time. Steve who owns the agency tries to keep sincere woman who are realistic and honest, though I suspect it is like herding gold fish.

Think you can start a new thread about the women on his site!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »
Thank you for your recommendations, of course I use my common sense, I only try to get more information from people who know more than I do in terms of citizenship or experiences, about looking for Russian women, previously I found my friends online via allsinglerussiangirls but I am currently viewing information on Elena's Models page which looks much better. Thank you very much for your recommendations and for your time.

Serch, Every city is going to have 'good' neighborhoods and 'bad' ones. I know Kiev quite well, I know enough not to visit certain parts of the city. I am certain the same can be said for New York City, Moscow and Lima.

As for the ultimate goal of a woman from Russia, if you look at the home page of RUA. There is an offer from Steve who has already commented on this thread. It is free. You have nothing to lose except some time. Steve who owns the agency tries to keep sincere woman who are realistic and honest, though I suspect it is like herding gold fish.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »

I think that looking at Steveboy's agency is a great idea. Steve also does tours of St. Petersburg. If I were going over there I would definitely look at the women on his site.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2020, 12:02:24 AM »
Yes, I will also do it to see how your site is, thanks friend  :thumbsup:

I think that looking at Steveboy's agency is a great idea. Steve also does tours of St. Petersburg. If I were going over there I would definitely look at the women on his site.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2020, 03:36:30 AM »

girlfriends aaa so you already got some girlfriends waiting..lol
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2020, 04:19:26 AM »
It is impossible to talk with people like you who do not understand absolutely anything and are negative in life, better to ignore all their messages because they do not add me, I will only take into account the positive people who help me with information about the cities and help me grow more this great forum.

girlfriends aaa so you already got some girlfriends waiting..lol

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2020, 04:38:06 AM »
Thank you very much to all the positive people who are helping me with their experiences about the cities and a lot of additional information very valuable to me, thank you very much for taking the time to answer me, I thank you tiphat tiphat

Online Guile

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2020, 06:17:41 AM »
SERCH have you talked with these women by video chat or just by e-mail?  The site you used is a pay site and may have alot of scammers.  Have any women asked you for money and have you given?

These are the questions you should be asking.  Not how dangerous a city is.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2020, 06:41:18 AM »
Thank you very much to all the positive people who are helping me with their experiences about the cities and a lot of additional information very valuable to me, thank you very much for taking the time to answer me, I thank you tiphat tiphat

Your up against a mammoth task ,, that your ultimately going to probably fail in.. all for the love of a Russian bride.. Its going to cost you an absolute fortune and take lots of your time.. there must be some Russian hookers in your part of the world? Why not rent one for a week to see how it goes..  :laugh: It will give you a little taste of  things..

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2020, 10:59:03 AM »

Your up against a mammoth task ,, that your ultimately going to probably fail in.. all for the love of a Russian bride.. Its going to cost you an absolute fortune and take lots of your time.. there must be some Russian hookers in your part of the world? Why not rent one for a week to see how it goes..  :laugh: It will give you a little taste of  things..

Steve I talked your agency up and now you're talking about hookers? Meanie.  :'(

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:21 PM »
I never gave money, that would be silly of me, the web was for a membership fee, they are not agencies that scam for everything that is asked of them, obviously I would never give money without knowing the person before, and thanks for the recommendation of the city, I appreciate it.

SERCH have you talked with these women by video chat or just by e-mail?  The site you used is a pay site and may have alot of scammers.  Have any women asked you for money and have you given?

These are the questions you should be asking.  Not how dangerous a city is.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »

Steve I talked your agency up and now you're talking about hookers? Meanie.  :'(

its just a little light hearted fun.. But its always an option.. plenty give it a go just to see what real Russian pussy is like  ;D

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
I have long suggested going to a city with a Languages Institute that teaches one week, two week and one month conversational Russian for businessmen etc.  Of course their will be women who know the area well and would enjoy a natural english/spanish speaker to practice with.

The ladies/students could also serve as a Russian-Spanish/English interpreter at a "friends rate" or just for a decent meal between friends when you meet you "girlfriends from a distance".  Many of these students also study psychology and Russian Women have a well refined sense when they are talking/interpreting with a sincere woman or a woman who may be a manipulator i.e. scammer.  An invaluable Wing Women is priceless.  Be careful not to fall in love with your friend/student interpreters while meeting your target girlfriends.

This would be the educated man's option who can spend up to a month learning about a city like Moscow, StP, or Novosibirsk and its language institute or Pyatigorsk not too far from Sochi.

Best of luck in your search for a Russian Wife.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2020, 06:23:38 PM »
Thank you very much for your advice, I read everything and believe me that it will help me, and also thank you for wishing me luck  tiphat tiphat tiphat

I have long suggested going to a city with a Languages Institute that teaches one week, two week and one month conversational Russian for businessmen etc.  Of course their will be women who know the area well and would enjoy a natural english/spanish speaker to practice with.

The ladies/students could also serve as a Russian-Spanish/English interpreter at a "friends rate" or just for a decent meal between friends when you meet you "girlfriends from a distance".  Many of these students also study psychology and Russian Women have a well refined sense when they are talking/interpreting with a sincere woman or a woman who may be a manipulator i.e. scammer.  An invaluable Wing Women is priceless.  Be careful not to fall in love with your friend/student interpreters while meeting your target girlfriends.

This would be the educated man's option who can spend up to a month learning about a city like Moscow, StP, or Novosibirsk and its language institute or Pyatigorsk not too far from Sochi.

Best of luck in your search for a Russian Wife.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »
Hello everyone, for you, what is the city in Russia with the least crime to be able to live peacefully without fear of theft or other dangers and also with the most beautiful women? :coffeeread:

Russia isn't a dangerous place if you keep your wits about you and
don't participate in high risk behavior.

What is high risk behavior?
Don't get overly drunk by yourself and stagger down the streets late at night.
Don't get involved in gambling or interact with prostitutes or people who sell
drugs.
Don't flash your money
Pay attention to traffic !!
If you see a car driving down the side walk get out of their way.
If you see young men fighting, avoid them.
If you are on icy stairs or an icy sidewalk walk carefully, hold a handrail
if you see one. Watch your step, sometimes manhole covers are missing
they don't have the same safety requirements around construction areas
that we have in the West.
Carry a small flashlight with you.
Lock your doors

You aren't likely to get mugged, robbed or even bothered if you keep mindful
of the recommendations above. Most of the FSU is safe for foreigners to travel.
You are more likely to slip on the ice than anything else.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2020, 08:45:03 PM »
the topic of this post

When you ask questions, you will get advice. Some of the advice will be very good
and some of it will be more dubious. Your goal should be to sift through the advice
that best fits you, your situation, your goals and your personality.

Use the best and ignore the rest. Most of all don't take anything personally. You
are fairly anonymous here and nobody knows what you know or what you don't
and nobody knows your situation like you do.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration