The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?  (Read 8178 times)

Online Guile

Re: What is the least dangerous Russian city to live in today?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2020, 01:13:04 PM »
The other thing to think about is will a Russian woman want to go to Peru to live?  If you are upper middle class and have money then it would be ok.  But can she adapt to a Spanish speaking country and does she want to is the main question.  Most want to immigrate to North America or Europe. 

Some have gone to Spain.  Perhaps you can relocate there?

Actually I know 2 Russian ladies who speak good Spanish in addition to very fluent English.  But they are few.

From the media I would have thought Mexico is a more dangerous country than Russia. With all the drug and gang violence.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
As I mentioned before, I have already had Russian brides online who were dying to come to Peru and even acquaintances who love Peruvian culture, however my visit to Russia and she to Peru could never be finalized due to very strong family issues that I prefer not to remember Like deaths, I am from the upper middle class, I have money to support a family that is why I am looking for a Russian woman and travel, it would be silly of me to think about travel or a family without having money, Mexico is a very dangerous country due to drug trafficking which is too horrible, in Peru there are robberies as in any part of the world but there is no terrorism as in Mexico for example.

The other thing to think about is will a Russian woman want to go to Peru to live?  If you are upper middle class and have money then it would be ok.  But can she adapt to a Spanish speaking country and does she want to is the main question.  Most want to immigrate to North America or Europe. 

Actually I know 2 Russian ladies who speak good Spanish in addition to very fluent English.  But they are few.

From the media I would have thought Mexico is a more dangerous country than Russia. With all the drug and gang violence.
Rápido como el viento, silencioso como el bosque, raudo y devastador como el fuego, inmóvil como una montaña.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2020, 04:59:07 PM »
As I mentioned before, I have already had Russian brides online who were dying to come to Peru and even acquaintances who love Peruvian culture, however my visit to Russia and she to Peru could never be finalized due to very strong family issues that I prefer not to remember Like deaths, I am from the upper middle class, I have money to support a family that is why I am looking for a Russian woman and travel, it would be silly of me to think about travel or a family without having money, Mexico is a very dangerous country due to drug trafficking which is too horrible, in Peru there are robberies as in any part of the world but there is no terrorism as in Mexico for example.

I have already had Russian brides online who were dying to come to Peru I doubt that very very much! In other words you have been chatting to young beauties (Clearly fakes ) Who would be Dying to go to any country when money is conveniently sent to them or some thing like that..

How Old are you? Young Russian women are not Dying to relocate to Peru I can tell you that for 100% sure.. sorry to disappoint you!

If your a youngish guy it ain't easy to find any Russian women Dying to leave Russia .. of course there are some and some young guys do it BUT not many and for a young Russian girl to relocate to Peru.. naaaa that ain't going to happen..or if it does it will be a miracle.. As most countries in the world have a local expat community is there a community of Russian women near your home city married to guys there? That is the way you can see what your chances are.. No Russian women community = No chance...

let me solve this for you within a few hours.. Please post here just a couple of photos of the Russian brides Dying to come to Peru ? Its easy to do.. just upload a few example of those women for all of us here to see.. that way you will get an answer very fast about your chances.. :thumbsup:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2020, 09:19:01 PM »
They are not fakes, they are real real women for communication and other facts, also clearly they were online brides, I do not need to post photos for your delight, if you believe me well if you do not believe me well for you, obviously not all of them are dying to leave Russia, To think like that would be illogical, but if there are women who want a happy family and that is what I aim to create a family, I understand that you are negative, but the world is much bigger and wider than your little world can think in your head. I am only asking for information about Russia to know a little more about its cities by people in this forum who have more experience, I do not seek to be right, much less show photos that are private, learn to smile and see the world with more positivism  tiphat

I have already had Russian brides online who were dying to come to Peru I doubt that very very much! In other words you have been chatting to young beauties (Clearly fakes ) Who would be Dying to go to any country when money is conveniently sent to them or some thing like that..

How Old are you? Young Russian women are not Dying to relocate to Peru I can tell you that for 100% sure.. sorry to disappoint you!

If your a youngish guy it ain't easy to find any Russian women Dying to leave Russia .. of course there are some and some young guys do it BUT not many and for a young Russian girl to relocate to Peru.. naaaa that ain't going to happen..or if it does it will be a miracle.. As most countries in the world have a local expat community is there a community of Russian women near your home city married to guys there? That is the way you can see what your chances are.. No Russian women community = No chance...

let me solve this for you within a few hours.. Please post here just a couple of photos of the Russian brides Dying to come to Peru ? Its easy to do.. just upload a few example of those women for all of us here to see.. that way you will get an answer very fast about your chances.. :thumbsup:
Rápido como el viento, silencioso como el bosque, raudo y devastador como el fuego, inmóvil como una montaña.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2020, 12:20:11 AM »
SERCH,

You seem a little clueless (naive) and I'm not sure if you're for real or not as well. Not being negative, just observations.

A few questions. Have you even met a RW in person? Who are these Russian "online" brides you keep talking about? How much first hand experience do you have with Russians and their culture? Why are you interested in Russians and the culture? Do these girls vet you in a manner a woman would that looks at you as husband material? IOW, do they ask you very personal questions about you and your life, interests, dreams, ambitions, etc.? How did you find this site?

Don't get defensive, just answer the questions. Something doesn't add up with you.

Girls who make promises and then renege at the last minute because of some un(timely) death are playing you. Of course they want to visit Peru and experience the culture, so do I.

I personally know 2 RW who moved to South America (Peru and Argentina) so yes, it's not impossible, but they left with their Russian husbands.

If you want to come to Russia understand the culture better and live here for a while that's one thing. To have communications with girls on the internet and thinking it's love is another thing altogether.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 12:39:24 AM »
It seems that you did not understand the title of the post, I just want to know more information about Russian cities, I do not try to convince anyone about the Russian women that I had, about the deaths that I speak are from my family that obviously I do not want to remember for obvious reasons since They included cancer and a long agony, therefore love and travel were in the background. Obviously having communication with Slavic women only over the internet and video calls is not love, so the next step was to travel but due to problems that I already explained I could not do it, maybe it was not my time so now everything is different for that I am in this forum collecting information from people who know more than me to inform me. About all your questions it already seems an unnecessary interrogation since as I comment I only want information about the best cities and understand much more about Russian culture since being in contact with Russian girls even online I realized their mentality is different to those of my country that's why I fell in love with that. I just want to learn more and more about Russian culture since a person never stops learning. I don't get defensive just that negative people don't go with me  :thumbsup:

SERCH,

You seem a little clueless (naive) and I'm not sure if you're for real or not as well. Not being negative, just observations.

A few questions. Have you even met a RW in person? Who are these Russian "online" brides you keep talking about? How much first hand experience do you have with Russians and their culture? Why are you interested in Russians and the culture? Do these girls vet you in a manner a woman would that looks at you as husband material? IOW, do they ask you very personal questions about you and your life, interests, dreams, ambitions, etc.? How did you find this site?

Don't get defensive, just answer the questions. Something doesn't add up with you.

Girls who make promises and then renege at the last minute because of some un(timely) death are playing you. Of course they want to visit Peru and experience the culture, so do I.

I personally know 2 RW who moved to South America (Peru and Argentina) so yes, it's not impossible, but they left with their Russian husbands.

If you want to come to Russia understand the culture better and live here for a while that's one thing. To have communications with girls on the internet and thinking it's love is another thing altogether.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 12:59:26 AM »
ok, you're either a troll or incredibly naive. I understood the question and it's irrelevant to your desires.

My questions were simple and you continue to avoid any question.

It's almost 3 in the morning in Peru now and you're up answering posts.

If you're looking for answers, I have them. And by asking simple questions you learn more.

You should be way more curious about what's being asked than what city is dangerous. Something smells here.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 01:04:44 AM »
Yes, it is after 3 in the morning in Peru because I work in everything that is marketing and advertising, I do it at night because I am more nocturnal, I do not understand why they want to insinuate that I am a troll when I am not attacking anyone , I only want to learn from those who know more than me, some should be more positive and walk with less fear. My question is at the beginning of my post, which are the least dangerous cities to live without problems, how difficult is it to understand that?

ok, you're either a troll or incredibly naive. I understood the question and it's irrelevant to your desires.

My questions were simple and you continue to avoid any question.

It's almost 3 in the morning in Peru now and you're up answering posts.

If you're looking for answers, I have them. And by asking simple questions you learn more.

You should be way more curious about what's being asked than what city is dangerous. Something smells here.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2020, 02:37:20 AM »
My question is at the beginning of my post, which are the least dangerous cities to live without problems, how difficult is it to understand that?

Stick to Moscow or St. Petersburg.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Guile

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2020, 02:58:50 AM »
When you said you had "Russian brides online" this seemed like you were talking from 20 years ago.  Your English is good so I don't think it's that.

Have you video chatted with these girls that you are talking to or just by message?  Like those other guys said, very few Russians think of Peru as a place they want to immigrate to.

Like Markje said go to Moscow or Spb.  In a smaller city you'll be completely lost if you can't speak Russian. 

But your question about the "least dangerous city" in Russia is strange.  Have you traveled alot or just stayed in Peru?  It sounds like you've never lived anywhere else.  And if you are just going to visit Russia and not live there, why the trepidation?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2020, 09:12:28 AM »
Yes, it is after 3 in the morning in Peru because I work in everything that is marketing and advertising, I do it at night because I am more nocturnal, I do not understand why they want to insinuate that I am a troll when I am not attacking anyone , I only want to learn from those who know more than me, some should be more positive and walk with less fear. My question is at the beginning of my post, which are the least dangerous cities to live without problems, how difficult is it to understand that?

Your question is an odd one. The problem with it is, nobody on these forums have been to all the Russian cities to be able to answer the question truthfully. Even for most Russians could not answer it truthfully as they haven't spent significant time in all cities either. It is a really big country, you know?

I have spent time in 4 cities St Pete, Moscow, Novosibirsk and Tomsk. I have not found any of them to be more safe or less safe than the others. I have traveled to most US cities and one time or another and quite frankly I feel safer in any of the aforementioned Russian cities than any one city in the US. Perhaps that is because I am less aware of my surroundings in Russia than the US. Although I have command of about 200-250 words of Russian I am not conversant. Perhaps it's ignorance is bliss kind of thing.

My suggestion would be to either determine what city interests you and start there or, find the woman that interests you, familiarize and accustom yourself to that city. In Russia as most places, crime is crime. If you make yourself a target to crime it will find you. Turn your attention to not being a target of crime no matter where you go

Online Guile

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
London or New York is probably more dangerous than any Russian city today.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:47 PM »
Or Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles. Most any Metro US city has places highly advisable to stay away from. Most small towns have them too

Online Guile

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
It's an odd question to ask though.  Russia is generally thought of as safe.  Is he scared of a random stabbing or terrorist attack?

Use your street smarts and common sense and you should be ok.  Not once have i even felt remotely threatened or in danger in Russia.  And I am Asian and stand out as a foreigner.

I've seen more weirdos riding the tube in London than in Moscow.

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »
Thanks for your answer, I have mentioned the city of Khabarovsk before, it is a very small city where it is very cold, I do not dislike it, it is an option that I have in mind, once again thank you for your opinion.

Very small and cold?  :biggrin: If you consider plus 40 C cold... it's an usual summer temperature for that place  :coffeeread: and normal size city. Hope you have enough common sense not to plan your visit during winter, it will be really dangerous  :biggrin:
I remember Perivians singing at Vladivostok streets few years ago, a little exotic for Russian Far East.
IMHO, your safety will depend on your plans and behavior.
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »
Thanks for your answer, I have mentioned the city of Khabarovsk before, it is a very small city where it is very cold, I do not dislike it, it is an option that I have in mind, once again thank you for your opinion.

Very small and cold?  :biggrin: If you consider plus 40 C cold... it's an usual summer temperature for that place  :coffeeread: and normal size city. Hope you have enough common sense not to plan your visit during winter, it will be really dangerous  :biggrin:
I remember Perivians singing at Vladivostok streets few years ago, a little exotic for Russian Far East.

Welcome back Millaa!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
Your not going to be living in any city in any case? How are you planning to live in Russia? What visa are you planning to make ?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2020, 05:56:32 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking with the information you read in the forum, or maybe Samara that I find an interesting city as I have been informed.

My question is at the beginning of my post, which are the least dangerous cities to live without problems, how difficult is it to understand that?

Stick to Moscow or St. Petersburg.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2020, 05:58:28 PM »
I work with online stores or Dropshipping, in addition to the VISA there is no problem because there is a Russian agreement with Peru happily.

Your not going to be living in any city in any case? How are you planning to live in Russia? What visa are you planning to make ?

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2020, 06:01:47 PM »
If I have traveled to countries like Brazil or Ecuador, when I ask about cities it is not strange, if someone asks me which city is less dangerous in Peru I can answer without any problem because I have friends who live in different cities or I have traveled, there are information on everything since I live in Peru that is why I asked people in the forum about the cities, my question is very simple.

When you said you had "Russian brides online" this seemed like you were talking from 20 years ago.  Your English is good so I don't think it's that.

Have you video chatted with these girls that you are talking to or just by message?  Like those other guys said, very few Russians think of Peru as a place they want to immigrate to.

Like Markje said go to Moscow or Spb.  In a smaller city you'll be completely lost if you can't speak Russian. 

But your question about the "least dangerous city" in Russia is strange.  Have you traveled alot or just stayed in Peru?  It sounds like you've never lived anywhere else.  And if you are just going to visit Russia and not live there, why the trepidation?

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »
When I talk about that city, it is because the girlfriends I had were from that city, which is why more or less I know what the weather is like or how dangerous it is because of what the girls I spoke with online or video told me.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2020, 06:12:46 PM »
Thanks for your answer, obviously I understand that not all Russians have traveled to all cities but if they can have certain knowledge as well as if they asked me which cities are the best in Peru, I could answer without problems because I know from friends or through my travels or news reports. I am not interested in the United States at all, and you are right about finding a woman to be able to travel with much more knowledge and that is my idea but before learning the Russian language to make things easier obviously, the cities that interest me are Sochi, Samara , Moscow or St. Petersburg, thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.

Your question is an odd one. The problem with it is, nobody on these forums have been to all the Russian cities to be able to answer the question truthfully. Even for most Russians could not answer it truthfully as they haven't spent significant time in all cities either. It is a really big country, you know?

I have spent time in 4 cities St Pete, Moscow, Novosibirsk and Tomsk. I have not found any of them to be more safe or less safe than the others. I have traveled to most US cities and one time or another and quite frankly I feel safer in any of the aforementioned Russian cities than any one city in the US. Perhaps that is because I am less aware of my surroundings in Russia than the US. Although I have command of about 200-250 words of Russian I am not conversant. Perhaps it's ignorance is bliss kind of thing.

My suggestion would be to either determine what city interests you and start there or, find the woman that interests you, familiarize and accustom yourself to that city. In Russia as most places, crime is crime. If you make yourself a target to crime it will find you. Turn your attention to not being a target of crime no matter where you go

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »
Your information is very useful to me, fear is normal since it is a new country for me, more than all the robberies in the streets and they are violent because I do not like looking for problems anywhere, that looking for problems is wasting time, my Life is quiet, however it is always good to have information like the one you give me and it helps me a lot, thank you for your answer.

It's an odd question to ask though.  Russia is generally thought of as safe.  Is he scared of a random stabbing or terrorist attack?

Use your street smarts and common sense and you should be ok.  Not once have i even felt remotely threatened or in danger in Russia.  And I am Asian and stand out as a foreigner.

I've seen more weirdos riding the tube in London than in Moscow.

Offline SERCH

• Are you ready?
    • SK Blog
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2020, 06:18:27 PM »
Thank you all for your contributions, it helps me a lot to know how some cities in Russia are compared to others in other countries, believe me that everything you write me adds to the good. Thank you for your time to write to answer me  tiphat  :thumbsup:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 09:27:49 PM »
I ahve copied a post from another thread, it describes a city in Siberia by the author I. Frazier, from the book 'Travels in Siberia'. I have bolded the cities that he mentions.

While “Travels in Siberia” are primarily one persons observations and experiences crossing by car Siberia. The authour Ian Frazier does notice the women of Siberia, in one passage he note. “Deciding against a visit to the spot where Ded Moroz the Russian Santa Claus was born, I instead sat with Sergei in the van writing in my notebook. . . not saying anything, one beautiful woman after the next walked by. We found we both were looking up every minute or so. I remarked on this phenomenon to Sergei and he agreed it was surprising. After half an hour I concluded that Velikii Ustyug has more beautiful women per capita than any other city in the world.”

Further along he describes his journey and the frequent stops in the taiga and setting up camp. “I’m not saying that women paraded trough our campsites wherever we happened to be, but they did show occasionally, even when we were camping far from any village. A few nights before, . . . I had just got into my sleeping bag when Sergei rousted me out so I could meet two women he describes as school teachers eager to meet me. They wanted to see the America and I think Sergei had felt compelled to prove that he really did have one. . . The idea of chasing women in Siberia would have made me nervous even if I was not married. Sergei and Volodya found my reluctance mystifying. ?

Further West he reaches Krasnoyarsk he notices “Looking around, I noticed that beautiful women were in fact walking everywhere, as if I had wandered onto a set of a science-fiction movie about a city inhabited by only beautiful women. The numbers of beauties in Krasnoyarsk would put even Velikii Ustyug in the shade.”

He continues and makes an interesting observation; “It still strikes me as strange that during the Cold War we in America liked to believe that Russian women were not beautiful at all. Longtime fans of football in the United States may remember a light-beer commercial of twenty-five to thirty years ago that imagined a Russian beauty contest in which very fat, be warted, missing teeth women in bathing suits promenaded down before judges and flashbulbs . . . How could we get the facts so wrong?” He muses, he points to misconceptions from the 2nd World War or perhaps the wives of Russian leaders who did not look any more attractive than the leaders.

He continues; “Or maybe the error goes back to John Quincy Adams. . . Adams describes . . . and he mentions repeatedly how ugly Russian women were. “ A bit further on he comes to the Marquis de Custine who in 1839 published his journals, in fact they became popular on the continent. Oddly enough though they were banned in Russia, as way of background the Marquis was openly homosexual.  He notes and I quote from Frazier; “’but when they are handsome their beauty is perfect’. He went on; ‘They posses all the vague and shadowy delicacy of the women of the north, united with all the voluptuousness of Oriental females’”

Further on Frazier notes an interesting fact; “The first time American men met Russian women in large members” was during the time when there was an American Expeditionary Force in Siberia of the 6,000 personnel 700 married Russian women or 6%. The General leading the forces was not pleased but higher ups told him not to punish these soldiers.

Bear in mind beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration