The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How to Recognize War Propaganda  (Read 851 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
How to Recognize War Propaganda
« on: November 16, 2020, 09:53:06 PM »
Hopefully everyone will read and not only enjoy this article, but work actively to avoid war by telling your friends and family some of the key propaganda. Someone famous once said, what if they gave a war, but nobody comes?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/propaganda-during-world-war-i-an-illustrated-account/5659679

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: How to Recognize War Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:00:53 AM »
Hopefully everyone will read and not only enjoy this article, but work actively to avoid war by telling your friends and family some of the key propaganda. Someone famous once said, what if they gave a war, but nobody comes?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/propaganda-during-world-war-i-an-illustrated-account/5659679

Interesting read, thank you.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 06:19:59 PM »
CNN gets schooled by Roger Waters of all people...

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 11:57:05 PM »
CNN gets schooled by Roger Waters of all people...

Roger Waters is not  much of a student of history. Mao is estimated to have killed anywhere from 20 million - 100 million of his own people during his so called "Great Leap Forward."

Waters is obviously an useful idiot for China and Russia.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 12:13:41 AM »
It's an opposing viewpoint based on current events going back to US meddling in Ukraine just prior to Maidan. When posting something it doesn't mean that the messenger who posted the interview agrees with everything that Waters said, merely that there are two sides to every story.

I suspect Waters is talking about recent history going back to the invasion of Iraq which he obviously felt was wrong and the recent history of China who is not the one who invaded Afghanistan or Iraq but who is now benefiting in Afghanistan due to the severe incompetence of the Biden administration.

Also he is correct in regards to Taiwan as far as who has recognized Taiwan being independent from China which as Mark has pointed out aren't that many countries.

Both Pelosi and Biden are grifters who don't mind profiting from Communist China through their children and via any other means.

Perhaps the question you should ask WestCoast is whether or not all of this saber rattling by the USA is a good idea seeing that both China and Russia are Nuclear armed countries with the possibility that too much provoking could indeed result in a hot war and the deaths of Millions or Billions of people.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 12:49:04 AM »
It's an opposing viewpoint based on current events going back to US meddling in Ukraine just prior to Maidan. When posting something it doesn't mean that the messenger who posted the interview agrees with everything that Waters said, merely that there are two sides to every story.

I suspect Waters is talking about recent history going back to the invasion of Iraq which he obviously felt was wrong and the recent history of China who is not the one who invaded Afghanistan or Iraq but who is now benefiting in Afghanistan due to the severe incompetence of the Biden administration.

Also he is correct in regards to Taiwan as far as who has recognized Taiwan being independent from China which as Mark has pointed out aren't that many countries.

Both Pelosi and Biden are grifters who don't mind profiting from Communist China through their children and via any other means.

Perhaps the question you should ask WestCoast is whether or not all of this saber rattling by the USA is a good idea seeing that both China and Russia are Nuclear armed countries with the possibility that too much provoking could indeed result in a hot war and the deaths of Millions or Billions of people.

Only killings by the Chinese government in the last few decades count? Not the tens of millions that died earlier? Trying to rewrite history?

IMO the US invading Afghanistan and Iraq was utter stupidity and a waste of lives and money. Doesn't mean China killing 100 million of its own people was OK.

Taiwan doesn't want to be part of China it's not. End of question. As for recognizing Taiwan's independence probably more people recognize an independent Taiwan than an independent Donbas and Russia's claim that Crimea is part of Russia. Should Russia return the Donbas and Crimea to Ukraine because so few people recognize Donbas' independence and Russia's claim to Crimea?

Perhaps China and Russia should remember that the US has nukes and American nukes are far more likely to work properly if the state of the conventional military in China and Russia is anything to go by. I was reading an article that says if Russia and the US nuke each other somewhere around 5 billion or more people will die. To tell you the truth I doubt too many people would want to live in the post apocalyptic aftermath of such a war. 

If China and Russia want to do a conventional war the Russia military is a wreck and will probably take decades to recover from the beating they've taken in Ukraine and are likely to continue to take. If Putin pushes the US and NATO into a conventional war as I've said before Putin either suicides or he's dug out of his hidey-hole in the Kremlin and frog marched out the door by a couple of US Army privates.

As for the Chinese military there are serious concerns if they'll even obey Xi Jinping and the CCP. Many units are loyal to their regional commanders over loyalty to Xi and the CCP.

I don't disagree that Pelosi and Biden are con artists and crooks. However I also think that Putin and Xi  are long time Mafia bosses who make Pelosi and Biden look like amateurs.   
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 09:54:24 AM »

Only killings by the Chinese government in the last few decades count? Not the tens of millions that died earlier? Trying to rewrite history?

IMO the US invading Afghanistan and Iraq was utter stupidity and a waste of lives and money. Doesn't mean China killing 100 million of its own people was OK.

No, I am not trying to rewrite history. Also I agree with you 100% that "China killing 100 million of its own people" is NOT okay.

Mature responsible administrations work from a standpoint of accepting that they cannot change things in the past, nor can they wave a magic wand and make the World perfect.

They work in a responsible and consistent way towards peace.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 08:57:28 PM »