The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK Lockdown 2  (Read 2294 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: UK Lockdown 2
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2020, 12:04:03 PM »

I got an Iraqi guy working for me and his parents live in the UK. He tells me there is a huge fine if there is more than 6 people in a house during the pandemic. Any truth to what his parents are saying?

My daughter is in Uni in the UK. She shares the house with 8 other. Total of 9, along with the occasional bed mate/lost and found /boy-girl toy.

Arrest her!!! I'm sure there are dwellings with more than 6 people in them. I'm just curious if the UK government or government at the lower levels created rules that limit the amount of people in dwellings in an effort to slow the spread. California's governor recently been caught going to a birthday party although he's telling people to cancel their Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday get togethers. He's the third major California politician that has a 'do as I say, not as I do' policy.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »

I got an Iraqi guy working for me and his parents live in the UK. He tells me there is a huge fine if there is more than 6 people in a house during the pandemic. Any truth to what his parents are saying?

They can fine you if you have guests in your house, I think. But it's almost impossible to enforce so more theoretical than practice. It's designed to avoid gatherings and parties. They encourage you to dob your neighbour in if he is having a party.

I got two bureaucrats in the business the other day crowing about masks, signage and stuff like that. Redeployed traffic wardens maybe. I engaged them till they pissed me off with silliness.

"Why don't you wear a mask?" - Coz I don't serve customers, love.

"But you're serving us" - You're not customers, I diverted you so as not to deter *actual* customers.

"Why haven't you got a sign up saying masks must be worn?" - Coz it's not the law I should and I'm not the mask police.

"Why hasn't she got a mask on?" - Because I'm married to her, and she doesn't serve customers either

"Why hasn't the woman over there got a mask on who is dealing with customers?" - Maybe she is asthmatic? I'm not a mind reader, go and ask her...."

And so it went on.

My manageress who is used to dealing with idiots soon placated and got rid of them in a sea of smiles. I'm sure they'll be back by the way they were scowling at me on the way out.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »

They can fine you if you have guests in your house, I think. But it's almost impossible to enforce so more theoretical than practice. It's designed to avoid gatherings and parties. They encourage you to dob your neighbour in if he is having a party.

I got two bureaucrats in the business the other day crowing about masks, signage and stuff like that. Redeployed traffic wardens maybe. I engaged them till they pissed me off with silliness.

"Why don't you wear a mask?" - Coz I don't serve customers, love.

"But you're serving us" - You're not customers, I diverted you so as not to deter *actual* customers.

"Why haven't you got a sign up saying masks must be worn?" - Coz it's not the law I should and I'm not the mask police.

"Why hasn't she got a mask on?" - Because I'm married to her, and she doesn't serve customers either

"Why hasn't the woman over there got a mask on who is dealing with customers?" - Maybe she is asthmatic? I'm not a mind reader, go and ask her...."

And so it went on.

My manageress who is used to dealing with idiots soon placated and got rid of them in a sea of smiles. I'm sure they'll be back by the way they were scowling at me on the way out.  :coffeeread:

I thought previously you were sold on wearing a mask at all times?

I work p/t for a major corporation and when at the store must wear a mask. It's a real PITA.

Offline Manny

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2020, 12:26:55 PM »

That wasn't me. I'm no fan of face nappies.

I do sell them though. Retail outlets that sell PPE can stay open.  ;D

I work p/t for a major corporation and when at the store must wear a mask. It's a real PITA.

I don't go to shops that insist on it. There is no proven science behind masks. If masks worked so well, how did we end up with a "second wave"?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »

That wasn't me. I'm no fan of face nappies.

I do sell them though. Retail outlets that sell PPE can stay open.  ;D

I don't go to shops that insist on it. There is no proven science behind masks. If masks worked so well, how did we end up with a "second wave"?

I am 99% convinced that the 2nd wave is entirely political. It's all about scaring people and controlling people.

And/or they have gone around with airplanes spraying us with a fresh batch of it.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 12:43:34 AM »

I go out everywhere without a mask..... and nobody told me or asked me to wear one!

The other day at Tesco Supermarket a woman wearing a mask ask me why I don't wear a mask?

I answered: Because you are wearing one to protect me!

As about the "second wave" ......your forgot that Brexit is at it's last Leg.... so BO JO kicked out his mentor....Cummings and locked himself for 14 days to take care of his pregnant partner....

;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 12:59:27 AM »

My daughter is in Uni in the UK. She shares the house with 8 other. Total of 9, along with the occasional bed mate/lost and found /boy-girl toy.

Arrest her!!! I'm sure there are dwellings with more than 6 people in them. I'm just curious if the UK government or government at the lower levels created rules that limit the amount of people in dwellings in an effort to slow the spread. California's governor recently been caught going to a birthday party although he's telling people to cancel their Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday get togethers. He's the third major California politician that has a 'do as I say, not as I do' policy.

Another fail in the "do as I say, not as I do" department from Netherlands.

Ferd Grapperhouse (head of ministry of justice & police). Told everyone to can their big party plans, holidays etc because of covid.... Then was caught on-camera by papperazi having a huge wedding party because he got married. :-) The gov't fined him 390 euro just like other private citizens.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 03:33:49 AM »

Another fail in the "do as I say, not as I do" department from Netherlands.

Ferd Grapperhouse (head of ministry of justice & police). Told everyone to can their big party plans, holidays etc because of covid.... Then was caught on-camera by papperazi having a huge wedding party because he got married. :-) The gov't fined him 390 euro just like other private citizens.

Over here we'd have a mob shouting for blood. Are the press demanding resignations or is the fine sufficient?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2020, 04:39:15 AM »
Over here we'd have a mob shouting for blood. Are the press demanding resignations or is the fine sufficient?
No the press and public (social forums) are all screaming for his resignation.

The opposition (Freedom party of Geert Wilders)  also filed a brief of 'mistrust' which was then voted upon, but Grapperhuis survived.

The opposition then said: You now know whom not to vote for in 2021 when elections are held.

It seems there are some very unsavoury things going on with Dutch government the last 8 years and one party (FvD) is trying to gain popularity based on this fact alone. (currently they have 2 seats in govt).

Especially damning is the "fraud" investigation by the dutch tax office that is such a shit-storm you wouldn't believe it even when your nose is getting rubbed in the shit it creates.

In short:
- Tax office is tasked with collecting taxes and is allowed to investigate fraud with taxes (FIOD is the branch investigating fraud)
- FIOD then decides: If you have 2 nationalities, you are a fraud. (true or not dont care).
- thousands even 10.000 families are pushed in financial ruin (divorces, suicides, the works).
- The families above usually have to pay back 40.000 euro or more in tax-break they didn't deserve according to FIOD.
- A few ministers wake up and start asking questions (in 2012, after 3 years of this practice).
- Now november 2020 the cesspool is opening (and in Feb. 2020 this practice was finally abolished!) and I am surprised there isn't a public hanging of the people involved in FIOD or the very least jailtime!

Unsurprisingly, all public figures are protected by law from prosecution for not doing their jobs. The only thing they are not free from is taking bribes, but the rest is all protected (grr).

Luckily, the families affected again should now be compensated for their losses, and will get 20.000 euro on top of that for their emotional hardship.

One of the many debates on youtube dealing with this :

If you can understand dutch, you have no idea you're watching a lawful country of NL... you'd think this only happens in Russia or somesuch.

And now in november (1 hour video) the same guy is literally reducing the gov't to a bunch of children whom have no idea what they're doing, do not get information the ask for, etc.

Interesting article (in dutch newspaper)
https://www.ad.nl/politiek/omtzigt-er-zijn-niet-alleen-fouten-gemaakt-bij-de-kinderopvangtoeslag~a9f6ed25/
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration