The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Shakey Update  (Read 2796 times)

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Shakey Update
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 05:33:01 PM »
Good luck with all that, Shakey.  I hope all goes well.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 05:46:05 AM »
Good luck with all that, Shakey.  I hope all goes well.

B/B

Any news from Shakespear?

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2022, 08:51:38 AM »
Shakester,

Curious how you are finding life in sunny Florida these days...

Hope your hip surgeries went well and you can enjoy some golf, beach, bikinis and Cigars...   

:smokin: :8) tiphat

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2022, 02:34:49 PM »
I ended up buying a 2020 Lexus NX300 that was certified pre-owned.

4 cyl turbo that gets 28 mpg in the highway.  Fire engine red witha tan and black leather interior.

That's a nice car for bigger drivers. 38" Headroom 42.8 legroom, it would fit me. 
It's AWD and 235 hp is good for passing.

Looks like an excellent decision

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2022, 06:54:25 PM »
Been an eventful 18 months since my last post.  My retirement went as planned but when I showed up at the hospital the doctors took one look at me and ordered an MRI.  It showed that I needed immediate surgery on my spinal cord.  I had Lumbar spinal stenosis and was in for surgery the next day that lasted 7 hours.  They fused 2,3,4,and 5 vertebrae which went very well.  The fusing 11-12 was not nearly as successful and left me in constant daily pain.  So much for my golf playing,

I moved to Florida in June after I recovered from my surgery.  In late October I survived a second heart attack and a by-pass was not possible.  I'm on about 8-10 different pills each day and had a defibrillator / pacemaker in my chest.  My heart is working at about 35% efficiency so there is no immediate need for a transplant.

After losing all that weight I started dating a woman who loved to cook and entertain and I soon gained back the 100 pounds I lost.  Since last February I have lost 110 pounds and am feeling much better.

I did not get covid and I got my hip replacement in July and my right hip is completely pain free.

The winter weather here is marvelous but the summers are almost unbearably hot with rain showers nearly every day. 

Had my 50th high school class reunion during the July 4th weekend and had a great time.  I'm headed to California for a week; I trip I planned pre-covid to visit my old college room mate, my old high school girlfriend, Joe Walker who I co-managed a RW form with but have never met in person, scheduled a meeting with the current Camp Pendleton rugby club to regale them with stories of the founding of the club, a trip to Del Mar race course and then visit 2 friends living in San Diego.  Going to be a busy week.  The old high school girlfriend is a widow now  :evilgrin0002:

If you are ever in the Naples area get in touch with me.  Always have an extra bedroom and a tasty XO cognac for visitors.Larry Krensel dropped by a couple months ago and we had a great lunch at Hooters.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2022, 07:00:19 PM »
Welcome back in the Madhouse !  :8) good to hear You're doing well.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Lon

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2022, 07:11:39 PM »
Welcome back in the Madhouse !  :8) good to hear You're doing well.

:thumbsup:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2022, 11:07:16 PM »
Congratulations on still being alive and having enough energy and spirit to travel. Who is Larry Krensel?

Good luck.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2022, 06:16:23 AM »
Good to hear that you're still in the land of the living. Sad to hear of your health travails.

I hope that you manage to shift a load more weight as that's the key to making everything better.

If you haven't seen my weighoss thread recently, take a shufti. Info on Ozempic that has changed my life hugely for the better.

Apart from weightloss, insulin control and appetite control, this drug has a proven record of significant reduction in risk from heart disease.

In my case, other benefits have been a reduction in my blood pressure - partly due due to weight loss but also an effect of the drug. Lastly, my libido and sexual performance have been revolutionised. The latter due to weight loss and blood pressure reduction. No more need for drug assistance and performance is reliably on demand.

Not a doctor, but if you have not checked this drug out and ruled it out for other reasons, I think that you might be happy to give it a whirl.

Over 18 months you can reasonably expect to shift up to 15% of your initial body mass. Some do much better. After 4 months I've shifted about 7% body mass.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

Shakey Update (or lack thereof)
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2024, 12:04:47 PM »
Been an eventful 18 months since my last post. 

Holy crap spear shaker, I didn't see this post until just now.

Has anyone heard from Shakey recently?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
Re: Shakey Update (or lack thereof)
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2024, 12:59:05 PM »
Been an eventful 18 months since my last post. 

Holy crap spear shaker, I didn't see this post until just now.

Your post made me read it for the first time too. Some journey but I hope you're still drinking XO and chasing women Shakey.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2024, 10:39:32 PM »
Speaking of the old guard has anyone heard from or about Cuffy? It has been a while since a good old fashioned Cuffy rant on RUA.

Speaking of birthdays I had one a bit earlier this month. My son asked if there was anything special I wanted to do for the day. Well option A was to visit an establishment where the employees (mostly young women) need to expand their clothing selection/collection. Or B go skiing I choose poorly and whoosh until I found some uneven terrain and had a yard sale. Fortunately I had heated seats and some little pills. My knees took about five days to recover, my lower back is a longer chapter . . .
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

Re: Shakey Update (or lack thereof)
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2024, 05:41:27 AM »

I did between Xmas and New Year on Whatsapp.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2024, 09:19:30 AM »
Speaking of the old guard has anyone heard from or about Cuffy? It has been a while since a good old fashioned Cuffy rant on RUA.

Speaking of birthdays I had one a bit earlier this month. My son asked if there was anything special I wanted to do for the day. Well option A was to visit an establishment where the employees (mostly young women) need to expand their clothing selection/collection. Or B go skiing I choose poorly and whoosh until I found some uneven terrain and had a yard sale. Fortunately I had heated seats and some little pills. My knees took about five days to recover, my lower back is a longer chapter . . .

Hope your back gets well soon...

I've also been hoping to hear something from Cuffy, and something from Shakespear would be nice also since this is his thread.

Registration