The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ancient Aliens, Truth or Fiction?  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Ancient Aliens, Truth or Fiction?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 11:53:58 PM »
 :fighting0025:
Ezekiel 1:4

"As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, "

Your resource references select bits of text out of context.

If one reads the rest of it in context: https://biblehub.com/niv/ezekiel/1.htm

It would appear to describe angels in chariots: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkabah_mysticism

Unless you are asserting god travelled with aliens.

Wikipedia??

Like quoting Snopes. Wiki is good for basic stuff, for more controversial stuff not as much.

I am asserting that somewhat primitive man labeled more advanced Aliens as God, or actually as Gods.

The Bible has been censored numerous times.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 05:36:11 AM »
David Icke had a mental breakdown. It was a very public event, given that he was a fairly well known media personality.

Now he makes good coin foisting his delusions upon the ill-informed delusional, people who are politely termed 'easily led'. For some reason he seems to resonate better with the colonials. Perhaps more of them are 'easily led'? Seems possible to me.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 09:40:40 AM »
Rh negative blood.

My mother is Rhesus Negative, that might explain a lot. Maybe she is an alien.  :chuckle:

I just read that Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush, Clinton and Obama were all RH Negative. An interesting factoid, but nothing to suggest they are other worldly.

I was just reading about the Book of Enoch, some of this stuff can draw you down worm holes if only to disprove it.

This is probably a better response. The icon or whatever you call it on my last post was a mistake please disregard that (the guy beating down the other guy).

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2020, 12:25:32 PM »
I don't think aliens have found us yet and realistically there is very little chance.. to much time between planets and galaxies.. of course there is life out there the universe is teaming with life, life has come and gone for billions of years throughout the universe , but traveling to a far off planet in search of life may never happen, space distance is just to big.. what you see today in the night sky is just a photo shot of millions of years ago.. those stars may not even exist today..

BUT if some clever people arrived on the Earth they would be so far advance it would be beyond your comprehension.. do you think we would be alive today if they did visit us?

Of course not! They would just eliminate us for being a bunch of murdering twats and give the planet to some other species who deserve a good home.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »
Hopefully Manny will get some time this week to watch the video directly above featuring Paul Anthony Wallis. He lays out the research in a crystal clear manner and being English born he has a great voice as a presenter. He's also prominent in the Anglican church in Australia.

The key word which people need to dig into is Nephilim.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2020, 06:47:44 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 03:12:33 PM »

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2021, 03:59:03 PM »
When I was a kid, about 7 or 8, I read a book called The Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken. A year or so later I badgered my parents to take me to see the movie made of the book.

It was fascinating for a kid. I remember my parents giving it some giggle during the movie but they indulged me afterward. I did a lot of reading on some of the topics in the movie and books. I credit Daniken for my ongoing love of science fiction.

However, it did not take many Saturdays in the library for me to learn what a load of tosh was presented in Daniken's book and those of writers who followed in his profitable footsteps.

I was just a kid at the time, I feel no embarrassment at my childish credulousness. Now I find myself wondering how adults can fall for this stuff. How do you manage it?

Here for the credulous among you is the movie refereed to above. You'll probably recognise some of your delusions here. None are real, but for a kid it was entrancing!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2021, 04:31:49 PM »
Andy are you getting senile? Not much of a rebuttal there good buddy. It's okay, not everyone can read cuneiform or analyze DNA properly.

When you are a professor of Sumerian languages at Oxford and can read cuneiform, get back to us.

When you can lead a team of scientists like the Khazakstan researchers who say there was definitely an ET intervention in our DNA, get back to us.

Now obviously I cannot do any of that either, yet I have a huge advantage over you. I am open minded and very good at assembling bread crumbs of information in my mind and then seeing very likely possibilities.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2021, 04:43:47 PM »

"Now whether you believe Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong’s moon landing was a hoax or not. They both apparently reported that aliens have a base on the moon. And they were told to get off and stay off.

According to unconfirmed reports both Neil and buzz saw UFO’s shortly after landing on the moon, on the 21st July 1969. According to former NASA employees Auto Binda; Unnamed radio hams with their own BHF perceiving facilities a bypass NASA’s broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchanges “What was it? What the hell was it? That’s all I want to know” “What’s there? These babies are huge sir… enormous! Oh my god! You wouldn’t believe it. I’m telling you there are other spacecraft out there lined up on the far side, at the crater edge there on the moon watching us”

https://www.wonderslist.com/10-signs-that-prove-aliens-exist/

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Truth or Fiction?
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 05:54:48 PM »
When I was a kid, about 7 or 8, I read a book called The Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken. A year or so later I badgered my parents to take me to see the movie made of the book.

It was fascinating for a kid. I remember my parents giving it some giggle during the movie but they indulged me afterward. I did a lot of reading on some of the topics in the movie and books. I credit Daniken for my ongoing love of science fiction.

However, it did not take many Saturdays in the library for me to learn what a load of tosh was presented in Daniken's book and those of writers who followed in his profitable footsteps.

What a great adventure and creative mental journey you went on.
Your parents should be commended for encouraging you to explore
and discover answers for yourself. I am sure you've repeated this
profitable exercise learned as a child hundreds of times since.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online mhr7

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »
The New York Times
Origin of the Species, From an Alien View
By Corey Kilgannon
Jan. 8, 2010

WHERE did humankind come from?

If you’re going to ask Zecharia Sitchin, be ready for a “Planet of the Apes” scenario: spaceships and hieroglyphics, genetic mutations and mutinous space aliens in gold mines.

It sounds like science fiction, but Mr. Sitchin is sure this is how it all went down hundreds of thousands of years ago in Mesopotamia. Humans were genetically engineered by extraterrestrials, he said, pointing to ancient texts to prove it.

In Mr. Sitchin’s Upper West Side kitchen, evolution and creationism collide. He is an apparently sane, sharp, University of London-educated 89-year-old who has spent his life arguing that people evolved with a little genetic intervention from ancient astronauts who came to Earth and needed laborers to mine gold to bring back to Nibiru, a planet we have yet to recognize."

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/nyregion/10alone.html

Those who work in the fields of history and science have labeled Sitchen an outcast and someone not to be taken seriously. He's a pseudoscientist/historian. Personally, I don't buy into alien visitation.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »

I was just a kid at the time, I feel no embarrassment at my childish credulousness. Now I find myself wondering how adults can fall for this stuff. How do you manage it?

Here for the credulous among you is the movie refereed to above. You'll probably recognise some of your delusions here. None are real, but for a kid it was entrancing!

I also read the E. von Daniken, at a certain point I also started to doubt much of the claims as a teenager. What I did find fascinating and quite possibly true were some of the voyages of T. Heyerdahl (1914-2002). Most in the scientific and anthropological community are still dismissive, but he proved it was indeed physically possible that settlement was from East to West.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2021, 07:40:07 PM »

"Even renowned physicist Carl Sagan wrote a peer-reviewed paper while at Stanford, that gave an in-depth statistical analysis and explanation for why he believed that not only do aliens exist, but they must have come to Earth at some point in our early history.

The essence of his argument is one of the probabilities. In a Universe that is so large, it is virtually impossible that our one, small, planet could be the only one which as ever generated intelligent life."

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/09/28/ancient-aliens-evidence/

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
In a Universe that is so large, it is virtually impossible that our one, small, planet could be the only one which as ever generated intelligent life."

Multiplying by infinite is the same as dividing by zero.
What is infinite times three? What is infinite divided by
three?

Let's expand on the theory of multiplying by infinite.

Since the universe is so large and old, it stands to reason that
humans are not likely to be the most superior race. There could
in fact be a race of super beings that were so powerful that they
all combined together to become ONE god like being.

This amazing God like being could have caused the universe to
collapse resulting in a big bang.

Then the being could have easily created a nice little planet called
Earth and made men in his own image.

Whoa, multiplying by infinite fallacy shows that a single god exists
and he conjured up the whole universe with his will. Both your theory
and the God theory are equally plausible when you multiply by infinite
or divide by zero.

The best we can do is to make educated guesses as to what happened
and how things started.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:58 PM »
In a Universe that is so large, it is virtually impossible that our one, small, planet could be the only one which as ever generated intelligent life."

Multiplying by infinite is the same as dividing by zero.
What is infinite times three? What is infinite divided by
three?

Let's expand on the theory of multiplying by infinite.

Since the universe is so large and old, it stands to reason that
humans are not likely to be the most superior race. There could
in fact be a race of super beings that were so powerful that they
all combined together to become ONE god like being.

This amazing God like being could have caused the universe to
collapse resulting in a big bang.

Then the being could have easily created a nice little planet called
Earth and made men in his own image.

Whoa, multiplying by infinite fallacy shows that a single god exists
and he conjured up the whole universe with his will. Both your theory
and the God theory are equally plausible when you multiply by infinite
or divide by zero.

The best we can do is to make educated guesses as to what happened
and how things started.

And your guess isn't remotely an educated one, you're just being a smart alec, or trying to be one.

Why don't you try from a point of making an intelligent argument and try rebutting the research of the Khazakstan scientist and his team who says there is irrefutable evidence our DNA was merged or manipulated by ET's.

Start there and then listen to a UK professor who discusses what is said on the cuneiform tablets.

I will link his speech in 3 or 4 days. But if you're just determined to mock don't waste my time.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »
Why don't you try from a point of making an intelligent argument and try rebutting the research of the Khazakstan scientist and his team who says there is irrefutable evidence our DNA was merged or manipulated by ET's.

Mildly curious can you indicate which laboratory has ET DNA?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:02 PM »

Mildly curious can you indicate which laboratory has ET DNA?

I did not say that a specific laboratory has ET DNA.

Try phrasing your question correctly next time.

Offline Contrarian

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 09:24:23 PM »

Online 2tallbill

Ancient Aliens, Truth or Fiction?
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »
And your guess isn't remotely an educated one, you're just being a
smart alec, or trying to be one.

The Infinite Monkey Theorem states "that a monkey hitting keys at random
on a typewriter for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a
given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare".

This is the theory used in explaining everything from the evolution of
life on Earth from a primordial soup to advanced life elsewhere.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »
And your guess isn't remotely an educated one, you're just being a
smart alec, or trying to be one.

The Infinite Monkey Theorem states "that a monkey hitting keys at random
on a typewriter for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a
given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare".

This is the theory used in explaining everything from the evolution of
life on Earth from a primordial soup to advanced life elsewhere.

Stop behaving like Andy and engaging in even more childish attempts at logic.

And stop wasting my time. If you have a genuine interest in the subject, then contact the Scientific Human Genome researchers in Kazakstan and make your amateur arguments with them.

Do I need to spend more time on behalf of a prankster and get their contact information for you? Or are you adult enough to do it for yourself?

You can post your "arguments" with them here, and their response to your "argument" here.

https://www.ancient-code.com/scientists-find-alien-code-embedded-in-human-dna-evidence-of-ancient-alien-engineers/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0019103513000791

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 10:01:15 AM »
Read the link you shared confederate and you will see such gems as 'we believe for a fact'. The researchers making a claim that is believed as fact is made by people with no training or credentials in relevant areas of science - they are, it appears, astrophysicists.

It is not possible to 'believe for a fact'. A fact stands for itself by virtue of observation and proof. We do not believe in facts, we KNOW facts. That tells us much about this research. The article is aimed at the credulous for whom belief supplants knowledge because acquiring knowledge is too tough.

The paper by the astrophysicists even makes no greater claim than a 'Possible interpretation'. That means that there are many possible interpretations and they have chosen one and do not rule out any others.

See, there you go.

A junk science story on a junk science site referring to people who do not have training in genetics and were not supported in their research by any scientist with relevant skills.

Could these guys be right? Is this a possible interpretation as these researchers claim? yes, it is, to about the same degree as I might say 'I believe as a fact that the moon is made of cheese' based upon my knowledge of how cars work.

Now, as you already know, I understand that the limits upon my knowledge and understanding are severe. However, my ability to understand what I read, to analyse information and come to a rational judgement is something that I can manage.

It is possible that aliens were on the Earth in times past, but the evidence provided by Von Daniken does not support that claim and, according to the people who wrote the paper referenced in the junk article you shared, they do not have any proof to support their belief as fact. They are honest enough to tell us so in their paper.

Here is an article about junk DNA that you might want to read and then check out the papers and sources linked to find out more. In essence, while there is some dispute about what non-coding DNA does, it is understood that the non-functional DNA likely had functions in the past and that some of it does have functions, not yet fully understood, in humans still.
https://www.news-medical.net/life-sciences/What-is-Junk-DNA.aspx#:~:text=In%20genetics%2C%20the%20term%20junk,create%20proteins%20in%20the%20cell.&text=However%2C%20other%20DNA%20regions%20are,and%20their%20function%20is%20unknown.

Here's more: https://www.news-medical.net/life-sciences/Functions-of-Junk-DNA.aspx

So, which is more likely to be true?
The non-coding DNA was placed as a secret message by aliens with no other function and immutable over time, or it actually does stuff today, or did stuff in the past?
One conclusion by people with no knowledge of the field, the other, the result of ongoing research by scientists in the relevant fields with evidential proof?

:'(

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
Re: Truth or Fiction?
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2021, 10:16:39 AM »

What a great adventure and creative mental journey you went on.
Your parents should be commended for encouraging you to explore
and discover answers for yourself. I am sure you've repeated this
profitable exercise learned as a child hundreds of times since.

I was very fortunate as a kid to have parents who encouraged me to read whatever I chose. They encouraged my curiosity and supported it. As a kid they helped me to get an adult library card rather than the kiddy version. When I read Alvin Toffler's book Future Shock my life was changed forever. Silent Spring was another life changer - but I never became a dyed in the wool environmental cultist!

My dad came home one day with a Philips Electronic Engineer kit that must've cost him a big chunk of his wages - I was perhaps 8 or 9 years old at the time and building radios, alarms, organs, and other toys with transistors, capacitors, resistors and diodes from circuit diagrams on a breadboard. At about the same time I got my first microscope and started looking at the very small things in my world. A little later I graduated to soldering irons and away from the springs and breadboard of the Philips kit. Sadly I could only look at and drool over the Heathkit products of the time!

This was my electronics kit, way better than the Tandy/Realistic kits of the day:

My mum refused to let me have a chemistry set though - she had no desire for smoke, smells and bangs in her home.

I was truly fortunate. They were not perfect parents but in this they were nonpareil!

And yes, my lifelong journey of learning which started when I was very young has stood me in good stead over the years.

Registration