Information & Chat > Travel Discussion: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Baltics & The Stans

Russians stranded overseas

(1/2) > >>

Omega1982:
I'm communicating with a Russian woman that claims she got stranded in a European Union country because of covid. 

I dont fully understand how this happened.  Assuming she was flying back on Aeroflot if Aeroflot cancels all flights then why couldnt she return on another carrier such as Lufthansa for example? 

When the EU closed its borders, did they not let non EU national out?  What could be the risk in allowing the Russians to go back home? 

Or was it Russia that doesnt let her in?  Is Russia not allowing in its own nationals?  If so why cant they just be placed in quarantine for two weeks upon arrival? 

Markje:

--- Quote from: Omega1982 on August 12, 2020, 02:15:27 AM ---I'm communicating with a Russian woman that claims she got stranded in a European Union country because of covid. 

I dont fully understand how this happened.  Assuming she was flying back on Aeroflot if Aeroflot cancels all flights then why couldnt she return on another carrier such as Lufthansa for example? 

When the EU closed its borders, did they not let non EU national out?  What could be the risk in allowing the Russians to go back home? 

Or was it Russia that doesnt let her in?  Is Russia not allowing in its own nationals?  If so why cant they just be placed in quarantine for two weeks upon arrival?

--- End quote ---

If she was stranded she can get out now. Flights from all carriers resumed. Just no visas yet so you must be a russian to disembark in ru

msmoby:
The RF banned scheduled and charter flights in March  ( 25th ?)

Within a week they organised repatriation flights

HIGHLY unlikely that if she wanted home, she couldn't get there

andrewfi:
Omega, you are not being told the truth.

Do not connect yourself with dishonest people - you will pay a price for doing so.

If she wanted to be in Russia she could've been. If she is not there now it is because she does not want to be there.

AvHdB:

--- Quote from: msmoby on August 12, 2020, 06:39:44 AM ---The RF banned scheduled and charter flights in March  ( 25th ?)

Within a week they organised repatriation flights

HIGHLY unlikely that if she wanted home, she couldn't get there

--- End quote ---

What ms is indicating is how I understand things in March/April played out. Numerous nations organized repatriation flights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version