The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 3944 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »
The Russian vaccine is a very mild "concoction" of other known drugs for viruses with few if any side effects

Isn't it weird that every where in the news there is stories about the vaccine and how it is coming along..

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/covering-race-covid-vaccine-speed-063007126.html.   Mind you it is durian shit..

But not a mention anywhere of the Russian vaccine  :laugh: Nothing!!!  :laugh:  And it's even more funny that lots of stories are bending over backwards to cover China's progress .. that is f**** weird as **** here we have a country that infected half the bloody planet.. has the worst human rights on the planet YET its all kisses and smiles for them.. ???

Russia has developed a vaccine that has been approved, its in their stage trails in Moscow.. and not a single bit of news any where in the Western media.. now that is *****.   ****** weird!!!!!

Im not saying the Russian vaccine works, is the best , is crap.. but no words, no celebrations, no claps nothing..I can see why why Putin is developing his arms fast.. good man! he needs it for all the assholes out there..

That is not true. There is a lot of comments about Russian and Chinese vaccines that are being used. Everyone hope that being under  tested does not bit them. It is an improvement in the world for any country to not have this problem. In the end this virus will not be controlled until it is controlled everywhere.
There's a pretty good chance the virus will never be "controlled", unless you mean that we can add it to the list of things that has the potential to harm us to varying degrees. You know, like colds and flus and a hundred other things.

Best just to deal with it as been the case for everyone going on a year now.  You won't see me in any lines/queues waiting to get injected, that's for sure.

Somewhere I noted the COVID virus will come to be seen as another HIV type of virus.

Medical regimes will improve in treatment, yes people will die from COVID, sadly the world will have lost even more freedoms.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Dachaguy

• Spouses Country: Russian Federation
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2020, 06:00:05 AM »
I see many of you people are ignorant or just plain lacking in IQ or suck up to the US propaganda. Russia has been working on the Covid type virus for over 20 years and they do know a little about it. It was easy to jump from 20 years of knowledge to a vaccine in such a short time. However, I don't believe that vaccines work and I've never had an invasive shot. My Russian doctor can not believe how stong my immune system is and I haven't been sick in over 40 years from ANY virus including a simple cold. You people are fools to believe in vaccines. Vaccines ruin your immune system. Grow up!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2020, 07:29:41 AM »
Dachaguy. When was the last time you saw a kid who'd had polio?

When did the last relative of your die of smallpox?

I bet you can't recall seeing anyone who'd had leprosy.

All of those are diseases that either no longer exist or are so rare that almost nobody has ever seen a sufferer. Do you know how that happened? Take a guess.

How do people get to be so poorly informed? Is it a conscious choice?

While I am sure that you think you've never suffered a viral infection, I am certain that you are wrong.

Vaccines work, the chances are that your current good health, possibly even your life, are due to vaccination.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2020, 11:28:53 AM »
I see many of you people are ignorant or just plain lacking in IQ or suck up to the US propaganda. Russia has been working on the Covid type virus for over 20 years and they do know a little about it. It was easy to jump from 20 years of knowledge to a vaccine in such a short time. However, I don't believe that vaccines work and I've never had an invasive shot. My Russian doctor can not believe how stong my immune system is and I haven't been sick in over 40 years from ANY virus including a simple cold. You people are fools to believe in vaccines. Vaccines ruin your immune system. Grow up!

There is a lot of people in the Uk who agree with you. Glade to see a real Russian who brings a real Russian cultural to the site.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »
I see many of you people are ignorant or just plain lacking in IQ or suck up to the US propaganda. Russia has been working on the Covid type virus for over 20 years and they do know a little about it. It was easy to jump from 20 years of knowledge to a vaccine in such a short time.

Ever since coronaviruses was discovered, medical scientists around the world have been working on a vaccine and you're calling us ignorant?

However, I don't believe that vaccines work and I've never had an invasive shot. My Russian doctor can not believe how stong my immune system is and I haven't been sick in over 40 years from ANY virus including a simple cold. You people are fools to believe in vaccines. Vaccines ruin your immune system. Grow up!

Another conspiracy theorist. NO, they are not trying to get people sick and killed with vaccines. They are trying to improve human life in many ways, including in the medical field. We are living longer and we are less likely to die. Take a look at the chart of human population over our history. Vaccines contributed to our success yet you think they were created to harm us.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »

Dachaguy. When was the last time you saw a kid who'd had polio?

When did the last relative of your die of smallpox?

I bet you can't recall seeing anyone who'd had leprosy.

All of those are diseases that either no longer exist or are so rare that almost nobody has ever seen a sufferer. Do you know how that happened? Take a guess.

How do people get to be so poorly informed? Is it a conscious choice?

While I am sure that you think you've never suffered a viral infection, I am certain that you are wrong.

Vaccines work, the chances are that your current good health, possibly even your life, are due to vaccination.

One can only assume Dachaguy you are blissfully bigoted. I suffered from Polio and am now dealing with PPS (Post Polio Syndrome). Because my mother believed in the power of prayer. Nothing wrong there, but the Religion called Christian Science sometimes called CS is also the abbreviation of Common Sense.

Try using some.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »
Av,
Not to be mean but it sounds like your Mother was the one lacking common sense.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2020, 06:30:01 PM »
Av,

As much as I loved my mom, she had her faults, no doubt about that. It seems Dachaguy is cut from the same 'cloth'.

Online Guile

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2020, 06:38:57 PM »
So Dachaguy is saying he hasn't gotten a cold in 40 years?!  Well you should go to Moscow, walk in all public places and not wear a mask and see what happens.  ???

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2020, 07:17:37 PM »
So Dachaguy is saying he hasn't gotten a cold in 40 years?!  Well you should go to Moscow, walk in all public places and not wear a mask and see what happens.  ???

CDC says adults average 2-3 colds a year. Kids average around 6 colds a year. Some colds are caused by coronaviruses and although we don't feel like we get that many colds every year, like SARS-COV2 we can get infected and walk around without symptoms. Dachaguy may very well have a strong immune system and never got seriously ill but medical professionals and governments do not make decisions based on how one person's immune system handles viruses and bacteria.

https://www.cdc.gov/features/rhinoviruses/index.html#:~:text=Adults%20have%20an%20average%20of,sore%20throat

Av,

As much as I loved my mom, she had her faults, no doubt about that. It seems Dachaguy is cut from the same 'cloth'.

AvHdB, I'm sure your mom loved you and wanted the best for you. I believe in God too. I believe God gave us a choice on how we want to live, a choice animals don't have. I also believe he gave us a brain, two hands, feet and tools to solve our problems so once we pray for wisdom and the tools to solve a problem, we need to act after that prayer. God gave your mom an answer to her prayers. Unfortunately her church leaders failed to teach their congregation action needs to follow the words.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
Av,

AvHdB, I'm sure your mom loved you and wanted the best for you. I believe in God too. I believe God gave us a choice on how we want to live, a choice animals don't have. I also believe he gave us a brain, two hands, feet and tools to solve our problems so once we pray for wisdom and the tools to solve a problem, we need to act after that prayer. God gave your mom an answer to her prayers. Unfortunately her church leaders failed to teach their congregation action needs to follow the words.

This discussion of Christian Science and my mother is removed from the topic at hand. There are threads that I follow, usually if I do not understand the topic I do not interject my opinion. Better to read and learn.

BillyB, while there is some truth in what you write above, clearly you do not understand the 'theology' of Christian Science so it would be better not to comment upon it.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »

This is an ultimate ignorant statement.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2020, 08:27:33 PM »
Maybe some of you would find this interesting about the virus. This woman worked for WHO in Hong Kong and said she was sent to Wuhan in December of 2019 to investigate unknow ammonia. 

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2020, 08:35:18 PM »
AvHdB, It's not complicated on why members of certain Christian groups struggle. For example, some don't believe in medicine at all. Some rely heavily on the power of prayer. I wasn't born yesterday. I understand enough about their strange theologies to know I don't ever want to be part of them.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »
Here's a Facebook feed from a good acquaintance of mine who is an investigative journalist for RT here in Moscow.

What he's basically saying is that he felt a little achy the day after but experienced very few side effects and a week later, as you can hear him say "Я чувствовал себя отлично, абсолютно нормально (I felt excellent, absolutely normal). Seems more than a few Russians are willing to inject. I think I'll wait awhile.

https://www.facebook.com/100000105560647/videos/3933157383364408/?extid=lY6vyrZINoAbqrDL
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2020, 01:57:26 PM »

This is an ultimate ignorant statement.
You do have to wonder about someone who posts once, tells everyone they're fools and boasts about his immune system. Strange indeed.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »
Read in the news today that Putin himself is taking the vaccine
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Texan77

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »
Yea but the Chinese want to sell there vaccine and trying to take Russia's market away from them. India has said this week that its has the largest vaccine production capability in the world and stand ready to make any bodies vaccine. So now it will be who can get their vaccine made. The rush will be on.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:23 PM »
Russia is already pushing theirs:

Quote from: Putin
Building on the scientific, industrial and clinical experience of its doctors Russia has promptly developed a range of test systems and medicines to detect and treat the coronavirus, as well as registered the world’s first vaccine, “Sputnik-V.”

I would like to reiterate that we are completely open to partner relations and willing to cooperate. In this context, we are proposing to hold an online high-level conference shortly for countries interested in cooperation in the development of anti-coronavirus vaccines.

We are ready to share experience and continue cooperating with all States and international entities, including in supplying the Russian vaccine which has proved reliable, safe, and effective, to other countries.

Russia is sure that all capacities of the global pharmaceutical industry need to be employed so as to provide a free access to vaccination for the population of all states in the foreseeable future.

https://www.rusemb.org.uk/article/651
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »

I read some things about the Russian vaccine. It's based off an older proven method of creating a vaccine. On the positive side, it has a high degree of safety. On the negative side, it won't be very effective. Safety is more important than effectiveness so it was easy to make the decision to release it. Russia has other vaccines in the pipeline using newer more advanced methods and they will go through more vigorous trials but people will have to wait a little longer before they comes out.

Yea but the Chinese want to sell there vaccine and trying to take Russia's market away from them. India has said this week that its has the largest vaccine production capability in the world and stand ready to make any bodies vaccine. So now it will be who can get their vaccine made. The rush will be on.

With over a 100 vaccines being developed and rushed, I wouldn't be surprised if one or a few causes some long term health problems for people.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2020, 03:58:26 AM »

I read some things about the Russian vaccine. It's based off an older proven method of creating a vaccine. On the positive side, it has a high degree of safety. On the negative side, it won't be very effective. Safety is more important than effectiveness so it was easy to make the decision to release it. Russia has other vaccines in the pipeline using newer more advanced methods and they will go through more vigorous trials but people will have to wait a little longer before they comes out.

Is that your way of saying through gritted teeth that Russia got it absolutely right?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:37 AM »

Is that your way of saying through gritted teeth that Russia got it absolutely right?

the WHO says a vaccin must be at least 50% effective to allow sale to other countries.
I would classify that as "not very effective" , so people are shitting their pants that Russia makes the 50% or higher a reality.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Texan77

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2020, 05:43:23 AM »

the WHO says a vaccin must be at least 50% effective to allow sale to other countries.
I would classify that as "not very effective" , so people are shitting their pants that Russia makes the 50% or higher a reality.

So how effective is the Russian vaccine? Is it more effective than the Chinese vaccine, it main competitor? Just who is concern about the Russian vaccine in a negative way about how effective the Russian vaccine is other than the Chinese? All this stuff about how the USA is making propaganda against the Russian vaccine it just propaganda about none existence USA propaganda. It is really laughable. All kinds of third world countries need a vaccine and we hope someone sells them a lot soon and that it is cheap and effective.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2020, 06:23:10 AM »

So how effective is the Russian vaccine? Is it more effective than the Chinese vaccine, it main competitor? Just who is concern about the Russian vaccine in a negative way about how effective the Russian vaccine is other than the Chinese? All this stuff about how the USA is making propaganda against the Russian vaccine it just propaganda about none existence USA propaganda. It is really laughable. All kinds of third world countries need a vaccine and we hope someone sells them a lot soon and that it is cheap and effective.

You do realise, it is BillyB who casts doubts on that and thus is spreading USA propaganda? You forgot to quote him in this answer.

I have no idea where he got the quote from or if it is his own words.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Texan77

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
I just saw this today about Russian vaccine. I have not seen anything about this for some time now. I noticed the they were planning to sell it in India and India has the largest capability to produce the vaccine of any country in the world. So just maybe India is planning to produce the vaccine. Russia is suppose to release first data about there vaccine soon. They are currently in week six of clinical trails. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/the-scientist-behind-russia-s-sputnik-vaccine/vi-BB19xaCi?ocid=msedgntp