The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump over Soleimani killing  (Read 734 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump over Soleimani killing
« on: August 10, 2020, 10:18:52 AM »
Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump over Soleimani killing, will ask Interpol to act

Iran has identified 36 people involved in the US assassination of General Qassem Soleimani and will seek their arrest through Interpol channels, media reports said. The list of suspects is topped by President Donald Trump.

The names of the suspects in the high-profile murder of Iran's elite Quds Force commander have been relayed to Interpol by Tehran's chief prosecutor Ali Alghasi-Mehr, Iranian media said on Monday. The official called the killing a "murder" and a "terrorist act."

"President Donald Trump is at the top of the list, and his prosecution will be pursued even after his term is over."

Soleimani was killed on January 3 during a visit to Iraq, when his car was hit by a US airstrike. The Trump administration justified the attack, which also killed a prominent Iraqi commander and several other people, saying the Iranian general was plotting attacks on US soldiers.

The popular general received a hero's funeral in Iran, with millions taking to the streets on the days of the ceremony. Soleimani is credited with organizing and supporting Shiite militias, which fought against the terrorist group Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) in Iraq and Syria. He was also considered to be a key figure in Tehran's confrontation with US influence in the Middle East.

The assassination lead to a surge in hostility toward the US in Iraq. Its parliament even voted to have all foreign troops removed from Iraqi territory. The instruction is yet to be implemented by the Iraqi government, however.

Trump ordered the assassination of Soleimani amid a period of increased tension in Iraq. The situation escalated after several attacks on bases hosting US forces and those held by Iran-backed Iraqi militias in what appeared to be a cycle of tit-for-tat retaliations.

Days before the killing of Soleimani the US embassy in Baghdad was ransacked by a crowd of protesters, who stopped short of attacking the staff of the diplomatic mission.

Source
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steamer

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump over Soleimani killing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »
Good luck with that. I think Iran would have a better chance issuing him a littering ticket.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 02:12:59 AM »
Good luck with that. I think Iran would have a better chance issuing him a littering ticket.

The purpose is not to arrest him and put him on trial. They are not stupid. The purpose is largely symbolic it shows that Iran is serious about the assassination that they consider the assassination to be a crime and that due process should apply.

It might also, for Iran, open the door for other actions either against Trump directly or his Co-conspirators who might be more easily apprehended.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 03:30:39 AM »
I don't blame them I would also put an arrest warrant out..

Problem with the US they like regime changes and now think it is their god given duty to rule the planet and that rule include assassinating anyone they wish to do so with NO evidence..

Just like they invaded Iraq on the basis of WMD when actually they had nothing there to threaten anyone other than a few rag heads.. and camels so they were threatening the world with 500 camels, 600 tons of camel shit and some stupid half trained army  :laugh:  Ok so lets invade that country..Bush and Blair need to be tried for war crimes there..

If I was Iran I would of immediately bombed every US Army post in the Middle East and made sure there was mass casualties , the more the better..someone needs to do some thing about it..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 12:51:31 PM »
UN-PHOCKING-BELIEVEABLE:

Steveboy a UK Crown subject and a 5 Eyes alliance member just committed high treason with this Hate filled anti USA rant:

Quote from: Steve
If I was Iran I would of immediately bombed every US Army post in the Middle East and made sure there was mass casualties , the more the better..someone needs to do some thing about it.

You are a terrorist and an enemy of the Crown and its allies.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »
UN-PHOCKING-BELIEVEABLE:

Steveboy a UK Crown subject and a 5 Eyes alliance member just committed high treason with this Hate filled anti USA rant:

If I was Iran I would of immediately bombed every US Army post in the Middle East and made sure there was mass casualties , the more the better..someone needs to do some thing about it.

Cufflinks you're definitely a patriotic man but have you ever once contemplated that it's the USA who is occupying land in the Middle East not belonging to us?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »
UN-PHOCKING-BELIEVEABLE:

Cufflinks you're definitely a patriotic man but have you ever once contemplated that it's the USA who is occupying land in the Middle East not belonging to us?

:popcorn:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
Don't worry cufflinks, I am sure that you already know that it is not possible to commit the 'crime' of treason against a country that one is not a citizen of.

You might, if thinking, be getting confused with something else.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 11:42:42 PM »
If I was Iran I would of immediately bombed every US Army post in the Middle East and made sure there was mass casualties , the more the better..someone needs to do some thing about it..

Yeah....I'm sure that would have worked out well.

:chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 05:19:13 PM »
UN-PHOCKING-BELIEVEABLE:

Dude you know Trump would have pulled us out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria right after he crushed ISIS but the Democrat War Mongers and their Deep State Obama Biden embeds have blocked him. As for Solemani he has the blood of thousands of US troops on his hands supplying IEDs and EFDs across the Midwest and got what he deserved.  As for the Brit CCP lovers with allies like you all who needs enemies.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 06:42:39 PM »
UN-PHOCKING-BELIEVEABLE:

Dude you know Trump would have pulled us out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria right after he crushed ISIS but the Democrat War Mongers and their Deep State Obama Biden embeds have blocked him. As for Solemani he has the blood of thousands of US troops on his hands supplying IEDs and EFDs across the Midwest and got what he deserved.  As for the Brit CCP lovers with allies like you all who needs enemies.

No I am NOT an ally with anyone who likes the CCP, that's for sure.

We definitely agree that Trump wants to bring our troops home and traitors in the media and elsewhere have made the whole process very difficult.

Registration