Information & Chat > News & Political Discussion

The value of a US passport

(1/4) > >>

Omega1982:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/is-this-the-end-of-american-passport-privilege/ar-BB17ym7q

Any thoughts?  I found very interesting the part that says if ranked by perception it ranks 50th.

Steveboy:
I guess they should re name it as the US pair of handcuffs cos once you got one you have it till your dying day .. no one wants to open bank accounts for you if you have one..your under control and taxed till your dead.. no where to run..

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABbc-O_3_Ac

Manny:
I think the reduction in the perception of value of the passport is just a direct consequence of the location being less desirable than it was in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Steve is also right that nobody engaged in international business would relish being taxed on their worldwide income and not be able to open bank accounts abroad.

Many Americans pretend theyre Canadian when travelling abroad dont they?

That's because they are aware of negative perception.

--- Quote ---Do Americans really pretend to be Canadian abroad in order to deflect negative sentiments about their nationality? In 2004, The Washington Times reported on a company selling a %u201CGoing Canadian%u201D kit, complete with maple leaf accessories and a guidebook on speaking Canadian. CNN covered the phenomenon in 2013. The Onion parodied concerns in %u201CReport: U.S. Foreign Policy Hurting American Students' Chances Of Getting Laid Abroad.%u201D
--- End quote ---

Do Americans Really Pretend to Be Canadian Abroad?

That Trump enjoys much support in the US is a source of bemusement and ridicule abroad. Foreigners dont really get how a rude and boorish bloke with no diplomatic skills has high public support. Trump is a nail in the coffin just as Bush and Obama and the many wars and invasions were.

Steveboy:
I can tell you, and you should look in to it.. within the next 10/15 years Russia is going to be one of the most desirable places to live in the world .. that is for running a business , living standards and so on.. the Russian passport will be one of the highest of the lot soon enough..

You will never have the opportunities any where in the world that many already have in Russia and its going to get much much better I did have a very good article about the future in Russia and NO its not going to be about oil and gas.. I will try  to find..

Making a business in Russia is becoming easier by the year.  https://expatriant.com/the-practical-guide-to-running-a-small-business-in-russia-as-a-foreigner/

Forget about all the old maids stories about the mafia coming round for they cut.. or all the red tape .. nothing working and so on and so on..

If I was you I would get yourself a Russian passport.. :thumbsup:

BillyB:

--- Quote from: Omega1982 on August 05, 2020, 02:31:09 AM ---https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/is-this-the-end-of-american-passport-privilege/ar-BB17ym7q

Any thoughts?  I found very interesting the part that says if ranked by perception it ranks 50th.

--- End quote ---

MSN is anti Trump news. Article said America passport was #1 in 2015 when Obama was president. Trump must be the problem according to them. I'm sure it'll be back to #1 if Biden is elected president. Garbage journalism.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version