The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Upcoming elections in Belarus  (Read 128 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Upcoming elections in Belarus
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:15:31 AM »
There are upcoming elections in Belarus on 9 August. 

Lukashenko seeks to continue ruling. 

Do you think this is good or bad? 

Online msmoby

• Resident Troll
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Upcoming elections in Belarus
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 02:20:13 AM »
'Elections'....

What is free or fair about elections in BY..?

Online redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 04:30:35 AM »
Well he must be worried enough to have 32 mercenaries from Wagner Group arrested.

Law enforcement sources said they had received information about the arrival on Belarusian territory of 200 fighters "to destabilise the situation during the election campaign".

Belta, a state news agency, said the men were from Wagner Group, a private military company notorious for it's role in war zones where the Russian Government can deny official involvement, like Eastern Ukraine, Syria and Libya

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 06:36:02 AM »

Fair play to the guy.. seems ok to me.. If I was the President of any country I would ALSO fix it so I stayed in power , if that included a few assassinations so be it.. I wouldn't really fancy giving my thrown up to anyone would you?  :laugh:

When I get my own island there will be NO elections.. like my rule or clear off.. :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »

Many presidential candidates were arrested for crimes. They were about to take the kids away from one candidate because there were stories of abuse so the candidate with his family fled Belarus. Lukashenko is just making sure only the most decent people are available to run for president.

Well he must be worried enough to have 32 mercenaries from Wagner Group arrested.

Not only did those guys have propaganda material on them, they had condoms. Clear sign they were going to "screw" Belarussians.

"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2020 on the coronavirus

Online BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »
Come to find out, the Russian mercenaries confessed to wanting to screw Latin American girls. That explains the condoms they were carrying. What about the propaganda material? Was it in Russian or Espanol?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-says-suspected-mercenaries-detained-140217281.html
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2020 on the coronavirus

Registration