The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Love in the time of covid....  (Read 5961 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Love in the time of covid....
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »
Of course your wife should come to be with you. In the circumstances that shouldn't even be something for discussion.

If she isn't with you, given that you and she made certain that she had the appropriate documents at the time of her previous visit to the UK it'd be a pretty sure sign of you not having a real marriage or relationship if your wife did not move heaven and earth to be with her husband.

Perhaps that's a question of the marriage that one might not wish to have answered? I can understand Lying Moby's prevarication in that context.

'Lying Moby' notes you never concede when you've repeatedly made an arse of yourself.

Naturally, IF I had been in Cyprus...SC could have come, earlier...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 06:34:11 AM »
IF I had been in Cyprus...SC could have come, earlier...

According to you she can travel here alone. But you are about to "teach" me which visa she may use to do this.  :coffeeread:

No rush, do mother related stuff first. That takes priority, naturally.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2020, 06:44:24 AM »
But, but, but, you told us that your current wife has UK residency. She does not need you to accompany her - or were you not being quite truthful before?

No need to hurry with your reply, we know that you were being dishonest - again.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
Pray tell us why Russia would let a resident of Cyprus fly to the UK?

While quite easy to do, I am confused by the above. We will hope at least one of you are coming. Your reply #32 is what seems to be cause of the confusion.

Are Cypriot residents flying to the UK a matter of concern to the Russian authorities?

Perhaps there are some other details that I have overlooked. Please feel to elaborate.

As I understand the situation is; Mrs. ms would like to be with the real Mr. ms in the UK. So what is the legal ways to do this?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 09:16:31 PM »
Pray tell us why Russia would let a resident of Cyprus fly to the UK?

While quite easy to do, I am confused by the above. We will hope at least one of you are coming. Your reply #32 is what seems to be cause of the confusion.

Are Cypriot residents flying to the UK a matter of concern to the Russian authorities?

Perhaps there are some other details that I have overlooked. Please feel to elaborate.

As I understand the situation is; Mrs. ms would like to be with the real Mr. ms in the UK. So what is the legal ways to do this?

Do it the right way from the start, instead of trying to be a cheap con artist.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 09:37:59 PM »
But, but, but, you told us that your current wife has UK residency. She does not need you to accompany her - or were you not being quite truthful before?

No need to hurry with your reply, we know that you were being dishonest - again.

The need to respond is to point out ( AGAIN) that 'lying moby' has repeatedly claimed

1/ SC and I hadn't sought UK residency ..

2/ A Family Permit Visa entitles a non-EU citizen to reside / work in the UK and there was ( still isn't ) a  legal requirement to apply for residency ...  She could up to June 2021

Once again, Andrewfi felt the need to demonstrate his 'knowledge' of the EU Directive... 2004/38/EC

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2020, 09:42:20 PM »

Up to Aug 1st , 2020

RU citizens were not permitted to fly to the UK without residency in said nation ..

Mr and Mrs S would like to be together elsewhere, but Mr S' Ma is in the UK and cannot travel ...  In fact as you might see by the time of this post .... Mr S' Ma is somewhat confused as to night and day ..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2020, 09:55:19 PM »

Instead of reading the bollox of others ( who don't have a clue about immigration law appertaining to a wife who doesn't currently reside in the UK )  why don't you tell us what the 'right way' is ? ..

You could even post a TR of one of your trips to the FSU and success with a lady from same..

A UK visitor Visa costs c.100 quid... SC doesn't even NEED a visa - as I've demonstrated -  a spousal visa is substantially more to achieve a lessor status and SHE DOES NOT intend to live here ... 

'Con artists'

The irony of you suggesting such a term.. given you've sent messages to folks suggesting I've 'hacked' this forum .. Only a total prick would have believed that let alone suggested it to others ..

Best you stick to discussing the funbags of lasses in  pics to the right - that's the nearest you're getting to 'reality' ... :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 09:57:46 PM »

According to you she can travel here alone.

With a FP Visa - she can ... holding a CY residency permit, she could

But you are about to "teach" me which visa she may use to do this.  :coffeeread:

No rush, do mother related stuff first. That takes priority, naturally.

Thank you,

Pics paint a thousand words, eh ?

Offline Manny

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 11:23:41 PM »

According to you she can travel here alone.

With a FP Visa - she can ... holding a CY residency permit, she could

Do you mean Family Permit? Or 'F and P' categories? Be clear now lest you swerve later.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 03:28:03 AM »
Given you have continually  posed factual and circumstantial tosh...the 'swerving is your domain.....

'Family Permit'...

Read, learn and inwardly digest...

Then remember that UK law is SECONDARY to the Directive....

Offline Manny

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 08:17:16 AM »
Under which specific grounds do you believe she currently qualifies for an EEA Family Permit?

Which passport would you be relying on to enable her entry?

For others, the grounds are here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit

And the question to Moby was this:

She can't come on her own without a visa or a stamp in travelling with him. And he has indeed told us her stamp ran out.

Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone?

It's like getting blood out of a stone.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »
Under which specific grounds do you believe she currently qualifies for an EEA Family Permit?

Under the basis that:  1/ She was admitted on the basis of the Directive, before and 2/ She'll be admitted, again ..

Both .. Surrinder Singh .. You've been spoon-fed this before.. PLUS my being born in N.I means the UK govt MUST treat me like any EU citizen exercising his treaty rights

She can’t come on her own without a visa or a stamp in travelling with him. And he has indeed told us her stamp ran out.

She CAN .. Why must you repeat and prove your inability to take the word of an expert ..

When my Step-son travelled to Greece to meet me in 2012 - he was refused boarding and I immediately instituted legal action against the agents and travel company .. they believed as you did ..  :'(  They settled on receiving the legal letter and upgraded the lad and his g/f and paid for the taxi from the Cotswolds to Gatwick

Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone?

IF there was no Covid-19 and normal conditions applied ...( govts. have the Public Health and Hygiene get out .. ) I'd offer you a million quid on it ..

It's like getting blood out of a stone.

What a strange thing to say.. given YOU are the one failing to read ..

Violetta was in and out of the UK sans moi with a FP visa ..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »
It is a pity I must ram this home..AGAIN

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm

Arriving at the border without an entry visa
It is always best for your non-EU family members to be well-informed in advance and to have all the necessary documents before starting their journey.

However, if they arrive at the border with their passport but without an entry visa, the border authorities should give them the opportunity to prove by other means that they are family members of a mobile EU citizen. They can do so by providing proof of their identity and family ties with an EU citizen (for example a marriage or birth certificate) and, proof that they are joining or accompanying the EU citizen (for example, proof that the EU citizen is already living in the country where entry is sought). If they manage to prove it, they should be issued with an entry visa on the spot.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2020, 12:44:39 AM »
When my Step-son travelled to Greece to meet me in 2012 - he was refused boarding and I immediately instituted legal action against the agents and travel company .. they believed as you did ..

Always the victim eh Moby? It’s this sort of thing that makes you sound like a knob.

This stuff is all very well but in reality, I can’t think of an airline who would let your absent wife board a plane bound for the UK, based on an out of date smudged stamp in her passport.

My wife’s biggest problems were being allowed to board a plane in Minsk bound for the UK, with a bought and paid for time limited official visa, stuck in her passport. Your EU directives may technically be on your side for now but don’t get upset when people don’t buy your crap easily.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2020, 01:26:14 AM »

When my Step-son travelled to Greece to meet me in 2012 - he was refused boarding and I immediately instituted legal action against the agents and travel company .. they believed as you did ..

Always the victim eh Moby? It’s this sort of thing that makes you sound like a knob.

Hmm, as the victims were my step-son and then g/f that's an interesting 'perspective' ... :chuckle:

This stuff is all very well but in reality, I can’t think of an airline who would let your absent wife board a plane bound for the UK, based on an out of date smudged stamp in her passport.

Esp, in these times, I'd agree ...  The 'trick' ( sans visa ) was to ensure she presented herself at  a UK border ...  You know the result ... ENTRY ...   You've read the current rules ...   

Nothing dodgy, cheap or 'questionable' ... our Absolute right ...  "So, you think you can just tip up here and think your wife will be admitted", asked the first sen. UKBA official we encountered, remember .....?  BOY was she educated...   I expect the penny dropped a long time ago, for most members .. 

Accept it.. I ( clearly ) knew the Directive better than the first sen.UKBA officer AND the rule on residency when looking after a family member ..  Happy to have educated you, Manny and andewfi ....

My wife’s biggest problems were being allowed to board a plane in Minsk bound for the UK, with a bought and paid for time limited official visa, stuck in her passport. Your EU directives may technically be on your side for now but don’t get upset when people don’t buy your crap easily.

Rosco, bearing in mind the Directive is currently LAW .. I most certainly DO get 'upset' as the 'CRAP' comes from those who should know the rules, better ... 

It is a shame that a member of the public has to read out the rules and embarrass the duty officer threatening to stamp a refusal in wifey's passport .... But then she  probably thought she'd "show me", too ...?...

Who's been  the real 'victim;, here, Rosco ... ?  FACTS ... ;)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2020, 06:27:19 AM »
I am eligible for a russian family visit visa. However,  I always splurge my cash for a tourist visa (which is more expensive).

- Its easier for all of us
- It doesn't require me to take time off work, just send the passport and get it back with visa.
- No need to travel with the wife.

So in fact: for some extra cash I get options.

Plus, its not illegal to have a tourist visa when also elligble for a family visa. Just answer truthfully if you have family in Russia and you're ok.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »
So here was the question:

She can’t come on her own without a visa or a stamp in travelling with him. And he has indeed told us her stamp ran out.

The answer.

Family Permit'...

Then the admission that in reality she couldn't enter alone by plane.

I can’t think of an airline who would let your absent wife board a plane bound for the UK, based on an out of date smudged stamp in her passport.
Esp, in these times, I'd agree ... 

So we've established in practice, she can't fly in alone because with no visa she couldn't board a plane. So how would she get to the French land border from Russia? On a bloody hang glider?  :chuckle:

If Moby is with her, with a sheath of documents, at a land border, and is prepared for an argument, she may get in again. At least until July next year. On her own, with pigeon English, even if she could get to Calais, she isnt getting in alone and we all know that.

However, other interesting questions arise. Here was a point of further clarification I asked:

Under the basis that:  1/ She was admitted on the basis of the Directive, before and 2/ She'll be admitted, again ..

Expecting a previous expired stamp to act as a precedent is a *very* shaky basis to use. As part of the overall blag, it may help when Moby is babbling ten to the dozen, but there's no legal basis in this.

Both ..

Again, this is very grey. You can't just hold up both passports and hope to get a result off one of them. As a UK citizen you're supposed enter the UK on your British passport, not a foreign one. You can make a ‘Surinder Singh’ application after living in another EEA country with a British family member, so you'd seek to use your UK passport here. If a Family Permit is to enable a non EU member to join an EEA (in your case Irish) family member, that person should be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient), Since you claim to be non resident and dont work here, you can only try and blag it on self sufficiency. But you dont claim to be resident so how can you apply for that unless you lie? Probably your shonky Limited companies you dont file accounts for come in here. It's all very Del Boy.

Can you blag it? You did so once, and you may do so again, but there's no guarantee. If they knew your full circumstances you'd likely not get in. You're being as slippery as an eel, again. You're quoting chapter and verse about family members of EU citizens and their rights of entry, blah blah blah.

Of course, what you fail to mention is that as a British Citizen using EU law to import your woman is a somewhat different matter. Also, her Family Permit (that you obtained by getting her locked up and on the back of dodgy Cyprus ‘residency’) has expired so she has to get a new one.

You seem to be suggesting that having got a Family Permit previously gives her a deemed right of entry. It doesn't. You may be abiding by the absolute letter of the law (I'm not convinced you can use two passports as you do if you disclosed the facts), but you are certainly not acting in the spirit of it. You are abusing the system. The system you use isnt designed for British Citizens to import women free and bypass the visa system. I'm glad the door to this scam is closing within a year.

But back to the original question of "Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone?" - In reality, she can't. As I said.

In theory, if she presented at Calais and could convince a border guard, in English, she'd have a slim chance. But in reality that isnt happening. We've established that she can't board a plane (even if she were theoretically entitled, no airline is letting anyone fly without a visa as the get charged for that if entry is denied). The only way she'll maybe get in again is if Moby goes out to meet her and they travel a land border together. And he blags it again.

By the time you've faffed about doing all that, why not just get a Tourist Visa? Too easy for Moby.

Offline Manny

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2020, 09:14:16 AM »
It is a pity I must ram this home..AGAIN

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm

Arriving at the border without an entry visa
It is always best for your non-EU family members to be well-informed in advance and to have all the necessary documents before starting their journey.

However, if they arrive at the border with their passport but without an entry visa, the border authorities should give them the opportunity to prove by other means that they are family members of a mobile EU citizen. They can do so by providing proof of their identity and family ties with an EU citizen (for example a marriage or birth certificate) and, proof that they are joining or accompanying the EU citizen (for example, proof that the EU citizen is already living in the country where entry is sought). If they manage to prove it, they should be issued with an entry visa on the spot.

Can you be "already be living in a country" you claim to be non-resident of? Only if you fib and dont disclose I suspect.  :whist11:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »
You may be abiding by the absolute letter of the law (I'm not convinced you can use two passports as you do if you disclosed the facts), but you are certainly not acting in the spirit of it. You are abusing the system. The system you use isnt designed for British Citizens to import women free and bypass the visa system.

Which is exactly why Moby has zero support in all of this. It's why some of us see this self inflicted separation as karma because nobody wants to watch others abuse a system that we support with our hard earned. We play by the rules so why should Moby get a free pass? Moby shows no humility at any point in all of this and he cant understand why normal people find his smug attitude and self appointed superiority unpleasant.

I understand that he doesn't give a hoot what we think on here but the situation is exactly as Manny put it. It's not in the spirit and he's abusing the system in place for his own benefit. It's no different in my book to scamming benefits or free housing from the government/British tax payers and no respectable citizen would do as Moby does.

Offline Manny

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »
Let them talk and they'll tell you in the end.

Esp, in these times, I'd agree ...  The 'trick' ( sans visa ) was to ensure she presented herself at  a UK border ...  You know the result ... ENTRY ...   You've read the current rules ...   

The term to focus on is: "The 'trick' ( sans visa )" - here he acknowledges what he does is a trick, which the dictionary tells us is "a cunning act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone" and "cunningly deceive or outwit" and "intended or used to deceive or mystify, or to create an illusion".

He's been hoisted with his own petard again.  :coffeeread:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
Karma?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2020, 01:44:08 PM »
Karma?

Indeed. I've not changed my opinion from upthread.

Karma.

Imagine if you had chosen to pay for a proper UK visa for your wife like the rest of us did. Flights from Russia to the UK have resumed, she'd be here by now.

But you wanted to do it the "free way" like Mr EU smart arse with two passports and winging it with her in jail at Calais or Dover. Now you're scrambling about trying to find a third country to meet in, while hastily arranging "free" visas where you can each dodge a bunch of rules.

You'll know the Russian saying: "Greedy pays twice".  :coffeeread:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2020, 09:14:28 PM »

Instead of reading the bollox of others ( who don't have a clue about immigration law appertaining to a wife who doesn't currently reside in the UK )  why don't you tell us what the 'right way' is ? ..

You could even post a TR of one of your trips to the FSU and success with a lady from same..

A UK visitor Visa costs c.100 quid... SC doesn't even NEED a visa - as I've demonstrated -  a spousal visa is substantially more to achieve a lessor status and SHE DOES NOT intend to live here ... 

'Con artists'

The irony of you suggesting such a term.. given you've sent messages to folks suggesting I've 'hacked' this forum .. Only a total prick would have believed that let alone suggested it to others ..

Best you stick to discussing the funbags of lasses in  pics to the right - that's the nearest you're getting to 'reality' ... :coffeeread:

Moldy turd brain,

You're a disgusting excuse for a human being and when your current Missuss gets wise to the real you, if she ain't already decided to divorce you, she will and that will be 3 divorces.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »
While the contortions of ms are amusing, at best. It is a painful saga to read. All I can think of is NMP!

As noted in Russia and Ukraine there is an expression 'the greedy pay twice'.

This thread though is not about ms swerving, jerking or wiggling but how posters such as JAD are moving forward during the Corona period.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot