The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Love in the time of covid....  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Love in the time of covid....
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
Pray tell us why Russia would let a resident of Cyprus fly to the UK?

Don’t be absurd. Your wife is a Russian citizen, there would be no restriction on her flying to the UK since they resumed flights if she had a visa.

Lol, so pathetic. He gets caught with his pants down with that outright lie and that was the best he could come up with to try to deflect.

But. She. Hasn’t.

She didn't want to. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.  :coffeeread:

It’s my understanding that the loophole he used to get her in once is conditional on them travelling together. The stamp he then claimed was a visa was nothing of the sort - it allowed entry with certain conditions. So during its validity, unless he travelled to her and brought her back, she couldn’t enter on it. Or with another.

As he is with his mother, he can’t travel out to bring her.

He cant or won’t pay for a conventional visa, or more likely can’t muster up the correct supporting documents and income, as he is “resident” elsewhere.

He’s scored an own goal. His “non resident” japes prevent him doing things a normal resident can. Like importing your wife. You can’t import women to places you claim not to live. Well, not easily and for free anyway.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »
 Ahhh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Not surprisingly that's a totally different situation than what Moby has been trying to tell us here.
 It definitely sounds like he is a victim of his own circumstances. Now its all coming back to bite him in the ass.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
 :ROFL:

'Clearing up'?

You believe Manny's 'understanding' accurately portrays current UK immigration rules and our current situation/ wifey's feelings ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 10:43:21 PM »

I never suggested her visit here was illegal.

Hmmm, selective memory issues....? I highlighted what you suggested in May 2020  :chuckle:

'sneaks women across international frontiers in questionable circumstances' ? ...

Your claim to be non resident is firstly factually incorrect as you’re here, and a sham in any event. It’s probably to evade you being taxed here. Having a few phone bills and some supporting documents to fabricate the illusion of residency in Cyprus might keep HMRC off your back as you’re small fry. We can all see through you though.

'Fabricate'? You really are making an arse of yourself, today... 

Do you think the UKBA didn't check the payments, bills, etc.?  ..

Naturally, they did and this has been mentioned many times...

I maintain that the separation from your wife was entirely avoidable by any regular person who goes about things the normal way.

What is 'normal' about sharing a life with a Alzheimer's sufferer?...

The original intention was for her to spend 1 month in Thailand and I to join her and return in late March...

My siblings still need to work and only one of us could look after Ma when lockdown and 'bubbles' cut in ...

Possession of a valid visa during a time where 'Public Health and Hygiene' became primary criteria is not something one argues about at borders ..

Your ducking and diving and obsession with getting everything for free has bit you in the arse.

As usual, when a member thinks they know more about our off board existence and immigration rules, THEY are the one's making arse's of themselves...

Get used to it. Now we’re out of the EU, the obscure pathways you use to wriggle around visas, taxes, etc will close.

1/ will remain an EU citizen and

2/ Irish passport holders via the CTA will never need residency...

3/ Those born in N.I. must now be treated as EU citizens...
 :coffeeread:

He must believe this stuff.
In his mind, his version of reality he:
Has a degree in biology
Fought with the Blue Berets
Has not been in the UK long enough to be considered resident there
Obtained residency for his current wife
Was offered officer training with the Royal Navy
... And more that I don't recall for the time being.

Poor 'ol andrewfail,

I saw action with the Blue Berets and was indeed on the list to start at Graduate Officer training at  Dartmouth in autumn '80 AND you remembered my other qualie.. ( BTW two former fellow HND students joined the RAF at the same time with the same officer rank / pay - shoud I tell them their lives were imagined, too ?;)   )

My wife JUST back back into Russia on THE last flight before scheduled and charter flights in and out were banned.

She got home and didn't need to quarantine, unlike a member's wife arriving in Russia from Britain.  These were / are crazy times. SC was due to fly onto the UK but RUSSIA forbade her leaving.

Luckily, for us, it's still love in the time of COVID..  despite the challenges.

SC has a better sewing machine, and on the non beach days 'knocks up' skirts, tops and dresses and I appreciate the fashion shows ..

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2020, 11:35:02 PM »
Ahhh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Not surprisingly that's a totally different situation than what Moby has been trying to tell us here.
 It definitely sounds like he is a victim of his own circumstances. Now its all coming back to bite him in the ass.

Karma baby!  :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 11:54:47 PM »
If she wanted to be with Lying Moby she'd be with him - she'd not have left him.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 12:38:03 AM »
If she wanted to be with Lying Moby she'd be with him - she'd not have left him.

Andrewfail,

Why the constant need to mention 'fibbing' on MY part, when you are the culprit ?

1/ She ( and I want ) to be together..  and future images will render your pronouncements moribund ..

2/ She 'left' with my suggestion and blessing .. would YOU put your wife / g/f through sleep deprivation dealing with the night terrors and screams at night ?  ( Ma has subsequently tried various med cocktails to try to help her sleep at night, but not turn her into a zombie during the day )   Neither of us expected my enforced, stay in the UK ..

This thread is about LOVE during the COVID-19 crisis ... not your innate ability to prevent yourself from:

a/ making stuff up

b/ suggesting others have your issues .. :coffeeread:

My Wife has been a veritable brick (a reliable person. British slang..."You can always rely on Joe - he's such a brick".) during our ( until Aug 1st) enforced separation.

Not many wives would be so understanding to encourage an ex-Wife to be called in to assist ( whilst she was unable to work ) and help by accompanying Ma and I on a couple of day trips (caring for Ma and staying with her, so I can drop her off then park the car) .. to allow Ma to see places, I couldn't possibly take her to, alone.   

Said ladies communicate regularly, have met face to face several times and cared enough to conspire to get us out and about .... 

Now that really is Love in Covid in action  !

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 01:34:01 AM »
Pray tell us why Russia would let a resident of Cyprus fly to the UK?

Don’t be absurd. Your wife is a Russian citizen, there would be no restriction on her flying to the UK since they resumed flights if she had a visa.

But. She. Hasn’t.

There's that 'knowledge' of yours coming into play, AGAIN ..

1/ Under current RU COVID-19  rules ..Unless SC has RESIDENCY in a third country - she cannot fly ( directly ) there ..that excluded the UK .. She could have flown to Cyprus ( and quarantined, alone ) I could not take Ma ( even if she was persuaded TO go ) as she is NOT a resident of Cyprus ....

2/ Since Saturday - 1st August - those with 'non Resident  UK Visas'  can fly, but those arriving from RU must quarantine ... IF she comes here, then WE .. that is I ( and the issue here ..Ma ) must stay in ... Ma has just been 'freed' ..  after nearly five months sheltering ..

Absurd, is your failing to appreciate having a visa does / did not allow travel / entry

Offline Manny

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2020, 01:57:45 AM »

I never suggested her visit here was illegal.

Hmmm, selective memory issues....? I highlighted what you suggested in May 2020  :chuckle:

'sneaks women across international frontiers in questionable circumstances' ? ...

Indeed, you confirmed I didn't claim illegality, I said questionable circumstances. That was demonstrably true because she got locked up at the border.

English is a tricky language till you get the hang of it.

Let's remind ourselves of the topic title.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online Guile

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 02:53:34 AM »
Moby plagiarizes so much he took this thread topic title and used it on the other forum?!! :'( :'( 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 02:56:25 AM »

Indeed, you confirmed I didn’t claim illegality, I said questionable circumstances.

Wow, and you speak of 'swerves' ..  :ROFL:

What, pray, was / is 'questionable' about SC's pitching up at Dunkirk and gaining admission to the UK, without a Visa ...Are you STILL as ignorant as the first sen UKBA official we encountered ? 

NOTHING 'illegal' - you just don't like the EU Directive .

YOU are the one who keeps suggesting I've been less than honest with UK officials and suggested my documentation might not  have been accurate ....  They watched me login into my bank accounts - as I offered them overwhelming evidence of my place of main existence - something now ruled as illegal ( Feb 2020)

That was demonstrably true because she got locked up at the border.

She was detained ( separately ) from me and it was explained then ( and now) that she was not locked in and was free to leave detention at any time ... though that would have meant accepting non entry to the UK ...

English is a tricky language till you get the hang of it.

Let’s remind ourselves of the topic title.

Love
during COVID .. and despite yours, and others 'best' attempts to suggest otherwise .. I'm VERY happy to confirm your mistaken ASSertions re our relationship status and migration under current  COVID regs ..

Let's remind ourselves that IF you make stuff up, its only correct the legally correct info is available ... There might be other EU members hoping their wifes / long-term partners can travel to join them ..

YOU ( wrongly ) suggested that SC could not travel alone  :chuckle:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 03:28:47 AM »
The truth is almost always straight forward and simple. Nothing Moby ever does or says is straight forward or simple. It’s always a mess, with layers of oddities and obscure scenarios.

Whatever he might claim, we can all be sure that his sneaky backhanded, manoeuvres have seen him caught short this time. I find it amusing that he still tries to play the victim......yet again!!

If you play with fire long enough, you’ll get your hands burnt.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:24 AM »
Rosco,

Why must you also prove your unwillingness to accept FACT

FACT :  I have been sheltering Ma and she cannot go to Cyprus

FACT: SC can go to CY ( Me, too )  ( but Ma could not.. as not resident.NOW she can take a test ... but would YOU take an advance Alzheimer's suffer on a plane ? )

FACT: SC and I can now meet in Turkey ... but my 'Sis' lives in Manchester ....now,  cannot come down to take over .. she cannot stay in another persons house ..only go in the garden - so she cannot care for Ma...  Bro's family ..( 4 members are back at work and leaving Ma with a 15 year old ....Na..)

FACT : SC can now fly to the UK ( but that means we ALL have to stay in )

For us, the doors ( windows of opportunity ) are now opening ...  the only complication, now is who/ which sibling (?)  will care for Ma..and not to go work - if SC comes here and has to quarantine ..

Before Saturday Aug 1st .. we had no options .... CLEAR ?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 06:29:30 AM »

You told us her stamp expired. You told us that you haven't paid for a proper spouse or visitor visa. You told us that you're not together so it's unclear how she can travel with you to get into the UK. All of that said, lets assume she can legally fly to and enter the UK on her own, your reasons for not doing so are sad.

A newly wed wife, having been pulled apart from her wonderful husband for coming on half a year on, would do what she had to do to be together. Her not coming because she'd have to stay in is a terrible excuse. She's not coming because;

A) She cant
B) She doesn't want to be with you

This probably explains why you behave like you do. Rejection stings. Throw in all your "I'm a resident in a 3rd EU country" bollocks and we all know why you're living with mummy. The fiddler got caught.

Offline Manny

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2020, 08:49:58 AM »

You told us her stamp expired. You told us that you haven't paid for a proper spouse or visitor visa. You told us that you're not together so it's unclear how she can travel with you to get into the UK.

She can’t come on her own without a visa or a stamp in travelling with him. And he has indeed told us her stamp ran out.

Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone? Teach us something.  :popcorn:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
[

You told us her stamp expired. You told us that you haven't paid for a proper spouse or visitor visa. You told us that you're not together so it's unclear how she can travel with you to get into the UK. All of that said, lets assume she can legally fly to and enter the UK on her own, your reasons for not doing so are sad.

A newly wed wife, having been pulled apart from her wonderful husband for coming on half a year on, would do what she had to do to be together. Her not coming because she'd have to stay in is a terrible excuse. She's not coming because;

A) She cant
B) She doesn't want to be with you

This probably explains why you behave like you do. Rejection stings. Throw in all your "I'm a resident in a 3rd EU country" bollocks and we all know why you're living with mummy. The fiddler got caught.

Rosco falls over himself to prove he will not read..

1/ both her UK FP visa and Schengen expired..yes... what difference did that make? Having a current Schengen will not admit her to most Schengen nations, and we await a decision on the UK one as they have the Lublic Health and Hygiene 'excuse'.

2/ WHY would I apply for a UK spousal visa? Is SC going to live here?

No one is 'rejecting' her they are simpler not issuing Visas for non Residents.

3/ Only a total numpty would STILL be suggesting SC doesn't want to come...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »

She can’t come on her own without a visa or a stamp in travelling with him. And he has indeed told us her stamp ran out.

Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone? Teach us something:popcorn:

OK..

Challenge accepted...wait and see...You NEVER learn..

Offline sparky114

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »

She got home and didn't need to quarantine, unlike a member's wife arriving in Russia from Britain.  These were / are crazy times. SC was due to fly onto the UK but RUSSIA forbade her leaving.

Aha that will be my wife your talking about then!

Yes quarantined for 14 days 2 covid swab tests taken (both Negative), and the the news there is? ohh thats right she enjoyed time in the family house looking after them all, had no real need to go out anyway.

Continued to spend the rest of her trip looking after our grandaughter ( that might be news on here that i got made Grandfather in November last year) :P

Then she got stuck in Russia for the month of May due to border closures, but seeing that she has the right and the correct paperwork to return to the UK the FCO / UK Embassy Moscow office were more than kind to get her on a repatriation flight once proof had been given ( available even if you just a have a residency permit) at the beginning of  June ...  Home since then 2 weeks of resting in the UK  and back to normal life :)

Now thats how to do the process properly :)

Now come on.. you can get a Visa to fly to /Russia now Moby just get her to send a letter of invatation this and a current Russian notorised copy of your marriage cert and you will be on a flight super quick. ohh and you will need to have a current test certificate for Covid
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Manny

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2020, 03:31:18 PM »
that might be news on here that i got made Grandfather in November last year) :P

Many congratulations.  tiphat

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2020, 09:07:19 PM »

Moby, pray tell, under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone? Teach us something:popcorn:

OK..

Quite possibly we will read a litany of reasons that it can not/did not happen. In the end though I fear ms will find a reason that it is not possible, convienyent, feasible, practical or otherwise for Mrs. ms to join her husband in the UK. Ah the Moby swerve in the real world.

Anyways the Irish tragedy will play out for us to read.  :popcorn:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:05 PM »

OK..

You’d think he’d know off the top of his head which visa type or rule she can use to travel to the UK unaccompanied. Yet here we are the following day and he’s silent.  :prophead:

Come on Moby, tell us under which legal mechanism do you imagine she can enter the UK tomorrow alone?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2020, 01:06:16 AM »

Now come on.. you can get a Visa to fly to /Russia now Moby just get her to send a letter of invatation this and a current Russian notorised copy of your marriage cert and you will be on a flight super quick. ohh and you will need to have a current test certificate for Covid

Thanks for the info, Sparky ...

I can get a Visa to go TO Russia  since August 1st, but STILL await the response as to if SC still needs to accompany me at the London end..which is somewhat impossible ..   

Sadly, Ma is going downhill( fast ) and my posting times reflect somewhat interrupted sleep patterns .. Not even sure if Sis' is 'allowed' to come down at the weekend from Manchester - given their 'special treatment' re COVID-19

NO way, I can take Ma for a day trip to London and we normally use Manchester VAC - as she can accompany me,

Looks like SC will have to come to me)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2020, 01:25:42 AM »
Moby wants us to wait patiently for him to teach us. It’s a bit like the, ‘I’ll prove I saw action with the blue berets, but in my own time.’

It’s the last card for a liar to play. I feel sorry for his new wife but it’s starting to look like she’s happy to live without him.

She just needs to watch him claw his chicken off on Skype a few times a week.  :sick0012:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2020, 01:40:46 AM »
Of course your wife should come to be with you. In the circumstances that shouldn't even be something for discussion.

If she isn't with you, given that you and she made certain that she had the appropriate documents at the time of her previous visit to the UK it'd be a pretty sure sign of you not having a real marriage or relationship if your wife did not move heaven and earth to be with her husband.

Perhaps that's a question of the marriage that one might not wish to have answered? I can understand Lying Moby's prevarication in that context.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:17 AM »
I got made Grandfather in November last year) :P

Congrats Sparky!!! many happy years to come.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria