Information & Chat > Travel Discussion: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Baltics & The Stans

Love in the time of covid....

(1/21) > >>

Omega1982:
Love in the time of cholera might have been a bestseller, but love in the time of covid is a royal pain in the ass. 

How are you guys keeping the flame alive despite the distance? 

Is anyone else planning to meet their significant other in a third country?  If so what are the preparations and logistics looking like? 

msmoby:

--- Quote from: Omega1982 on July 30, 2020, 11:27:04 PM ---Love in the time of cholera might have been a bestseller, but love in the time of covid is a royal pain in the ass. 

Is anyone else planning to meet their significant other in a third country?  If so what are the preparations and logistics looking like?

--- End quote ---

Even meeting one's WIFE is fraught with issues..!

Been trying to get a FR Schengen for SC for 22 days ...  Type in she is the wife of an EU Citizen and want a long stay visa and the site ignores the input and asks the wrong questions .... should ask about ME ..

Schengen nations are only issuing long-term visas to Russians if they are joining their family .

Awaiting permission from the Consulate in Moscow to simply allow the pdf ( correctly filled in ) on 16th July to be processed

By the time SC gets it ... B and FR may be joining Spain and L'bourg on the black list

The normal happy hunting ground of Cyprus is still out for Folks from N.America / Russia

SC would have to quarantine in the UK or FR on arrival, which means I would, so my siblings will take over care of Ma,,

Turkey is a place we can meet up .. but it's not home..

STILL waiting to hear when I can get a family Visa to go to RU ..as ( currently) SC has to be with me to apply

Thinking of chartering a yacht in Thailand

andrewfi:
It's an absolute pain in the arse.

Been unable to get back to the UK since the end of February. Now I can get back but ongoing restrictions make it hard for us to meet up (childcare).

We've been chatting, exchanging pics, video chat and all that stuff. In some ways it's made things stronger, but I've been feeling as though my life is in a holding pattern because the things we had planned to do couldn't happen. Everything is delayed.

Hopefully I'll be back over in 2 or 3 weeks andatters can start to move ahead but still, that's six months of our lives gone, lost.

Manny:

--- Quote from: msmoby on July 31, 2020, 02:22:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: Omega1982 on July 30, 2020, 11:27:04 PM ---Love in the time of cholera might have been a bestseller, but love in the time of covid is a royal pain in the ass. 

--- End quote ---

Even meeting one's WIFE is fraught with issues..!

Been trying to get a FR Schengen for SC for 22 days ...  Type in she is the wife of an EU Citizen and want a long stay visa and the site ignores the input and asks the wrong questions .... should ask about ME ..

Schengen nations are only issuing long-term visas to Russians if they are joining their family .

Awaiting permission from the Consulate in Moscow to simply allow the pdf ( correctly filled in ) on 16th July to be processed

By the time SC gets it ... B and FR may be joining Spain and L'bourg on the black list

The normal happy hunting ground of Cyprus is still out for Folks from N.America / Russia

SC would have to quarantine in the UK or FR on arrival, which means I would, so my siblings will take over care of Ma,,

Turkey is a place we can meet up .. but it's not home..

STILL waiting to hear when I can get a family Visa to go to RU ..as ( currently) SC has to be with me to apply

Thinking of chartering a yacht in Thailand

--- End quote ---

Karma.

Imagine if you had chosen to pay for a proper UK visa for your wife like the rest of us did. Flights from Russia to the UK have resumed, she'd be here by now.

But you wanted to do it the "free way" like Mr EU smart arse with two passports and winging it with her in jail at Calais or Dover. Now you're scrambling about trying to find a third country to meet in, while hastily arranging "free" visas where you can each dodge a bunch of rules.

You'll know the Russian saying: "Greedy pays twice".  :coffeeread:

Guile:
That's Moby's life in a nutshell..always looking for the cheapest way.  that's why he'll couchsurf on strangers beds and try to bum off rides from fellow members. as expected he burned those bridges.

Moby you couldn't afford to charter a yacht let alone a dingy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version