The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Covid 19 Coronavirus in North Korea  (Read 775 times)

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
Covid 19 Coronavirus in North Korea
« on: July 26, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »
North Korea on alert after first suspected covid case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53541730

We can debate that on the coronavirus thread but more interestingly, the article refers to leader Kim Jong-un holding an emergency meeting and then Kim Jong-un ordering a maximum emergency system to contain the virus.

It seems that those who peddled the rather weak, Kim is dead narrative, are looking really silly right now. News organisations have simply reported the news and pretended they didn’t post the silliness from last month.

Billy, you’ve got egg on your chin again.

Offline BillyB

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus in North Korea
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »
It seems that those who peddled the rather weak, Kim is dead narrative, are looking really silly right now. News organisations have simply reported the news and pretended they didn’t post the silliness from last month.

I never said he's dead. You are having comprehension issues. I said he's missing. It failed to register with you. Now you supply an article with NK State controlled news saying they may have the first "suspected" Coronavirus case in the country. You actually believe that could be their first coronavirus case and then you go on to believe everything else they say.  :'(
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 12:39:47 PM »

I never said he's dead. You are having comprehension issues. I said he's missing. It failed to register with you. Now you supply an article with NK State controlled news saying they may have the first "suspected" Coronavirus case in the country. You actually believe that could be their first coronavirus case and then you go on to believe everything else they say.  :'(

Oh FFS Billy, are you the new Moby about here or something?

You were bubbling your guts out for pages, whinging that he was missing and maybe dead. In your mind, he had to get off his fat arse and make a live televised speech to declare his well being on a verified US network, to satisfy silly BillyB.

And whilst we’re discussing comprehension and stupidity, can you please link me to where I stated or gave the impression that I believed N Korea to be a covid free sanctuary? You can’t because I didn’t but your prejudices and propaganda identify me as a sympathiser, in your mind.

Also the article came from the BBC, they’re not North Korean BTW.  :'(

Your ignorance, prejudice and false sense of national grandeur make you look a bit stupid here Billy.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »
Closing gates and bolted horsage springs to mind.

Sad to say you are probably right.
Cognitive dissonance is very stressful. The best way to reduce it is to be well informed and to analyse for oneself what one learns.

It's got to be very disconcerting to have to keep updating one's understanding (or beliefs for the less well informed) as one is presented with new programing. 1984 is a great read for many reasons, insight into language and how it is used for programing, insight into politics. But one aspect not looked at so often: the stress upon a populace forced to reinvent their worldview on a continuous basis.

Well said and I agree 100%.

I suspect because of the anxiety and even paranoia when someone sneezes now or has a cold with sniffles we’re never going to get back to normal and this was all engineered by the “elites” to further divide us even more than we already were. Truly tragic and inhuman.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »
North Korea on alert after first suspected covid case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53541730

We can debate that on the coronavirus thread but more interestingly, the article refers to leader Kim Jong-un holding an emergency meeting and then Kim Jong-un ordering a maximum emergency system to contain the virus.

Rosco is right, and about Billy and his theories.  :pointlaugh:

I already knew about this a couple of days ago, I considered posting it but I wasn't sure if it was going to make international news, but now it has.

But yes, it’s alleged someone infected crossed over from the south to the north. They haven’t really said much about who, but a smuggler is a safe bet. As a result of that they have locked down Kaesong - which is a place I went and is where the DMZ is. The border town. It’s reported KJU chaired a politburo meeting to make that decree. There are photos of that on an official Instagram feed (that may not satisfy Billy).

Word is there’s no big spread, the guy and maybe a few soldiers who apprehended and interviewed him are quarantined. And their families by extension. But they’ve locked down the entire town to be on the safe side. They are determined the virus won’t wreak havoc there as it has in the US. They absolutely don’t want it spreading to Pyongyang.

Lockdown in NK won’t be difficult to enforce, so in two weeks they’ll be virus free again.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »
I recall Billy & Tex giving it large on the coronavirus thread about how the USA will fair so much better than everyone else because they've got lots of money and power. There's an inbred superiority complex with some Americans and it kills Billy to accept that North Korea, may now be in a much better position than the US. I agree though, containing outbreaks is much easier with the political systems and culture over there compared to the west and who really knows the extent of it.

Billy needs tales of poverty, famine & death to feed his expectations and anything else causes him to short circuit. I mean, could you imagine a country who has a nuclear programme, having a broader science programme covering other stuff too?! How dare they......they have to fail because its North Korea!! :chuckle:

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 11:24:25 PM »
N Korea finally admitted there are covid cases within their borders.  Why do you think it took so long to admit it?  Do you think the numbers are accurate? 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 02:24:00 AM »
N Korea finally admitted there are covid cases within their borders.  Why do you think it took so long to admit it?  Do you think the numbers are accurate?

OF COURSE they were BOLLOX, before ...   How can a country work on a vaccine without infected donors ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 05:55:09 AM »
Lying Moby, surely your 'tertiary level biology with emphasis on genetics qualification' would have provided you with the answer to your own question.

Your words suggest that you don't even know the difference between a vaccination and an inoculation.

You might want to check in with one of your imaginary authoritative advisors? You'll probably be meeting with several of them later on today.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 06:47:51 AM »

OF COURSE they were BOLLOX, before ...   How can a country work on a vaccine without infected donors ?

Netherlands has enough infected people, but they are testing vaccines in south-america.

Sure, you'd think its safe to use in NL on patients , right?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »

The world must seem a very straightforward place when someone is so simple!  :prophead:

Online Guile

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 09:26:46 AM »
Moby's "biology education" shining through again!  :ROFL: :ROFL:   

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
Isn't it a bit weird that a person claiming to have a tertiary level qualification in biology with an emphasis on genetics does not have command of basic, Trivial Pursuit level, general knowledge of what a vaccine is?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »
Isn't it a bit weird that a person claiming to have a tertiary level qualification in biology with an emphasis on genetics does not have command of basic, Trivial Pursuit level, general knowledge of what a vaccine is?

No not weird, scary though that he believes himself.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 01:18:43 AM »

China and surrounding Communist nations lie big time. This virus is much more dangerous than their numbers are implying. Unless one believes the coronavirus favors Asians and will leave them alone, they got it just as bad as Western nations got it.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 01:30:48 AM »
, they got it just as bad as Western nations got it.

Not true.

A lockdown is child’s play to enforce in the DPRK. Why it hasn’t and won’t run rampant there.

The US still has some of the highest numbers of virus in the world I think.

It’s a fun fact that Pyongyang is safer to be in than Seattle. Be that virus, crime, etc. There’s zero chance of being infected with the virus by a bunch of BLM maniacs who believe there’s dozens of genders in downtown Pyongyang. No chance of being shot by a rioting looter or a cop, being mugged by a druggie or having your neck broken by a cop either.  :)

Just look at this unsafe place. No homies running out of shops with some stolen Nikes, no cops blowing people away on the streets, no beggars, litter or street crime. Oh, and almost no virus.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »

As long as we're bailing other nations out of trouble due to COVID, we'll be alright.

It’s a fun fact that Pyongyang is safer to be in than Seattle. Be that virus, crime, etc. There’s zero chance of being infected with the virus by a bunch of BLM maniacs who believe there’s dozens of genders in downtown Pyongyang. No chance of being shot by a rioting looter or a cop, being mugged by a druggie or having your neck broken by a cop either.  :)

Just look at this unsafe place. No homies running out of shops with some stolen Nikes, no cops blowing people away on the streets, no beggars, litter or street crime. Oh, and almost no virus.

With freedom, there will be some who abuse it. The other option is making the entire population submit. I see you edited the video. Those ladies sweeping around dancing ladies at the park didn't get busy until the camera was on them. You cut the inconvenient truth out.

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »

As long as we're bailing other nations out of trouble due to COVID, we'll be alright.

That makes no sense, Billy.

I see you edited the video. Those ladies sweeping around dancing ladies at the park didn't get busy until the camera was on them. You cut the inconvenient truth out.

That’s not true. You think they notice some bloke with an iPhone and do something different? I have nothing to hide. I edited only for clarity and viewer attention span. If you want to see full footage of any segment, I’ll happily provide shots of my elbow, etc.

Nothing I have provided from the DPRK is edited to make anything look better than it is. I have no motive to do so. The sweeping women were sweeping before I arrived and after I left.

You are seeing one segment. In many places people are sweeping. I didn’t think 15 minutes of sweeping footage too interesting.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 01:34:28 AM »
Lying Moby, surely your 'tertiary level biology with emphasis on genetics qualification' would have provided you with the answer to your own question.

Your words suggest that you don't even know the difference between a vaccination and an inoculation.

You might want to check in with one of your imaginary authoritative advisors? You'll probably be meeting with several of them later on today.

Explain to this 'uneducated ' chap...this will be interesting...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration