The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hey From Odessa  (Read 33274 times)

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: Hey From Odessa
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
He's a lier one way or the other...

either he's lying to us....
or he lied to Ukraine Border control

USarians (not having already spent 14 days covid free in a green zone) are HOT ZONED and should quarantine, so the f@cker doesn't care about public health.

Not only that, but he's been sneaking his girlfriend out on 3 hour blocks prior to her release from quarantine
 :'(

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2020, 09:26:45 AM »

It's probably rare for authorities in any country to enforce the quarantine rule.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2020, 11:07:08 AM »
In any case.. at the end of the day its going to be the "same old story"

Its nothing to worry about.. just if you want to get all excited and involved with jack..(Jackanory )

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/attention-seeking-behavior

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/histrionic-personality-disorder/.       :laugh: :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2020, 11:07:27 AM »
No Billy, that's not correct. Enforcement varies from, for example, checks of physical presence every few hours to random checking. Some places check around 20% of incomers but combine that with harsh penalties. Others are more strict but with lower penalties. The penalties are seen not as punishment but as enforcement by market means.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2020, 11:14:02 AM »
No Billy, that's not correct. Enforcement varies from, for example, checks of physical presence every few hours to random checking. Some places check around 20% of incomers but combine that with harsh penalties. Others are more strict but with lower penalties. The penalties are seen not as punishment but as enforcement by market means.

So if it's not rare, it's common for authorities to enforce the quarantine rule?

Even in USA we tell people from certain states to quarantine. With millions of people crossing state lines everyday, I doubt authorities have the time to check on people. I doubt nations have the time to check on foreign visitors. This is one rule that governments hope people abide by but can do little to enforce.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/07/08/road-trip-alert-the-list-of-states-with-travel-quarantines-keeps-growing/#6bca6f1966bd
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
Hey Manny, I can be from Ukraine too!

The forum software shows you the host. It’s not infallible but dodgy VPNs look different to regular connections. Over a decade here gives me a good feelz if a host looks right or not. Moby’s dodgy VPNs are easy to spot. JAD is coming off a regular host.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2020, 04:18:29 PM »
Hey Manny, I can be from Ukraine too!

The forum software shows you the host. It’s not infallible but dodgy VPNs look different to regular connections. Over a decade here gives me a good feelz if a host looks right or not. Moby’s dodgy VPNs are easy to spot. JAD is coming off a regular host.

JAD has admitted his shortcomings when it comes to committing to a woman on numerous occasions.

I believe his story that he’s with this new gal in Ukraine. If he doesn’t want to reveal all the details he’s being wise.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2020, 05:43:57 PM »
Billy, when you travel away from the Land of the Free, you'll notice that you have to pass these things called Borders. You have to show passports or identity cards. That makes it easy to start tracking people.

Travel is a marvellous thing, opens the mind and provides a wealth of experience.

Until recently border controls were reinstated across EU internal borders due to Coronavirus and are still available for use.

Anyone flying is always tracked by ID.Almost anywhere else, border controls are normal.

Here's a tip, the United States is not the world.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2020, 05:56:25 PM »
I could pay a photographer in miami beach to do a nice photo shoot with some model in a nice high rise and say im elsewhere.

From the various photographs, the one looking out over the water one can see Odessa in the background. The other taken from inside an apartment is clearly a post Soviet Union property development common to Russia, Ukraine and a number of other nations. It certainly is not Miami Beach.

Worth noting the rules for quarantine today in Ukraine are different it seems than two or three weeks ago.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline justadude

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2020, 01:24:07 AM »
Ibiza

two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2020, 02:24:43 AM »

:ROFL:

Seeing mine do not use data centres you just proved your 'knowledge' of my VPNs.

MY connections look like Joe publica, because they ARE and not used by hundreds..

Manny, why make stuff up?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2020, 03:06:23 AM »
The fact that the author has insurance doesn’t mean he isn’t infected.  Insurance is a promise to pay when the bill arrives, its not a declaration of a clean bill of health. 

Plus, I don't know about american insurances, but Dutch health insurance companies state publicly and *out loud* so noone misses it, they will not cover anyone visitting orange / red classified countries with regards to covid.

This means for instance: If I get sick in Belgium from covid, I'd better make damn sure I am back in Netherlands before reporting, or they won't cover my medical bills.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2020, 04:36:50 AM »
Yes, similar in the UK. If the country you visit is on the list of 'essential business only' or not recommended at all, then your existing coverage won't work.

However, when going to Ukraine you need a Ukrainian government approved policy in order to enter. There are several approved policies that can be purchased before entering Ukraine. That's an additional coverage for health care in Ukraine so that travellers will not be a burden on the Ukrainian state if they fall ill with the virus during their stay.

Making life more difficult though is a requirement to enter the country with a mobile phone with an active Ukrainian sim card to enable the authorities to contact the traveller. You can't even buy the right type of dim card before leaving airside at the airport - although that might change. It looks like the requirement is for a Ukrainian mobile number so having roaming on one's normal sim is not sufficient.

Offline Manny

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »

:ROFL:

Seeing mine do not use data centres you just proved your 'knowledge' of my VPNs.

MY connections look like Joe publica, because they ARE and not used by hundreds..

Manny, why make stuff up?

Whatever, nobody is interested in your shenanigans and this topic isnt about you.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:57 PM »
Billy, when you travel away from the Land of the Free, you'll notice that you have to pass these things called Borders. You have to show passports or identity cards. That makes it easy to start tracking people.

Travel is a marvellous thing, opens the mind and provides a wealth of experience.

Until recently border controls were reinstated across EU internal borders due to Coronavirus and are still available for use.

Anyone flying is always tracked by ID.Almost anywhere else, border controls are normal.

Here's a tip, the United States is not the world.

So after Justadude or any tourist passes through border patrol stations, when do you think they'll catch them when then violate quarantine rules? Who goes on vacation and abides by the 14 day self quarantine rules? Nobody.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2020, 05:59:31 AM »
Billy, learn to read and then get back to us.

Until you are able to process the information already presented to you it is impossible to deal with you. If you had read the information presented then you'd know the answer to your infantile question.

Do you still need help with eating, or have you now mastered that skill?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2020, 01:05:54 AM »
Billy, learn to read and then get back to us.

You been telling me that since the date on my signature line. You're also the one that believes authorities track the behavior of tourists 24/7 to see if they're breaking self quarantine rules.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »
Billy, you can stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes and deny reality all your life if you choose. Your choice to blind yourself does not in any way alter reality.

Some countries do monitor what incoming travellers do. You can find out for yourself from the information I and others have shared. The reality is that you live in a country that is now often referred to as Cootistan because of the ineffectiveness of control over infection.

In the civilised world things are rather different.

Billy, we know that you are the poster child for cognitive dissonance. Ignorance is a tool for managing the effects of cognitive dissonance. Ignorance is not a good tool though because it simply stores up the stress while making you, the sufferer, look like an idiot. Don't worry though, you are surrounded by your peers. Where you are, you are not unusual.

One last thought. Where I live Covid-19 is now pretty much a done deal. Because we took action to control the virus life is now pretty much back to normal.

I'll be honest and say that I did not expect that matters would be wrapped up so fast.

On the other hand, I did not expect that the United States, the most powerful, wealthiest country with the best brains, best medical system and strongest economy would be the global epicentre of Coronavirus. I did not expect that, of all the countries in the world, the USA would fail so badly and so hard in every possible way - social, political, economic and medical.

As long as the civilised world can isolate Cootistan the current plague will soon come to an end. For you poor people over there - yeah, I was wrong. You lot are going to be stuck with this for longer than I could have believed possible.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »
Billy, you can stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes and deny reality all your life if you choose. Your choice to blind yourself does not in any way alter reality.

Some countries do monitor what incoming travellers do. You can find out for yourself from the information I and others have shared. The reality is that you live in a country that is now often referred to as Cootistan because of the ineffectiveness of control over infection.

In the civilised world things are rather different.

Billy, we know that you are the poster child for cognitive dissonance. Ignorance is a tool for managing the effects of cognitive dissonance. Ignorance is not a good tool though because it simply stores up the stress while making you, the sufferer, look like an idiot. Don't worry though, you are surrounded by your peers. Where you are, you are not unusual.

One last thought. Where I live Covid-19 is now pretty much a done deal. Because we took action to control the virus life is now pretty much back to normal.

I'll be honest and say that I did not expect that matters would be wrapped up so fast.

On the other hand, I did not expect that the United States, the most powerful, wealthiest country with the best brains, best medical system and strongest economy would be the global epicentre of Coronavirus. I did not expect that, of all the countries in the world, the USA would fail so badly and so hard in every possible way - social, political, economic and medical.

As long as the civilised world can isolate Cootistan the current plague will soon come to an end. For you poor people over there - yeah, I was wrong. You lot are going to be stuck with this for longer than I could have believed possible.

So in a nutshell Andy you believe what the mockingbird US media tells you to believe?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »
Not entirely sure what you're struggling to communicate here. Please have a second run at it for me. Thank you.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »
Some countries do monitor what incoming travellers do.

The overwhelming majority of countries do not monitor tourists. They barely have enough police to take care of crime and traffic issues. They certainly aren't going to assign people to every tourist to watch them like NK does.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2020, 11:17:29 AM »
Not entirely sure what you're struggling to communicate here. Please have a second run at it for me. Thank you.

Who is it you’re addressing? If you don’t quote me it isn’t crystal clear.

Thank you.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2020, 05:35:47 PM »

Thank you.

God, but some people struggle with context. For you Confederate. I was referring to your struggle to communicate.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
Billy, go do some learning then get back to us. Countries that are imposing quarantine on visitors do tend to enforce it. It's quite a big thing.

Not every country is like your adopted homeland - Cootiestan.

When you do the learning you'll discover that where self isolation is required it does tend to be enforced.

Please stop covering your ears and eyes. You keep doing it. You may not be the sharpest tool in the box but you do yourself no favours by trying to enforce your uninformed and prejudiced views on your better informed and more thoughtful peers.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »

Thank you.

God, but some people struggle with context. For you Confederate. I was referring to your struggle to communicate.

Context?

We are witnessing an attempt at a third coup d’etat against the American people over here in the USA.

From day one of Trump’s resounding victory in late 2016 there have been multiple unConstitutional attempts to overthrow the will of the people.

The coordinated Coronavirus followed immediately by the “black lives matters” Marxist farce is a continuous ongoing attack against the President and by extension all Americans.

As I clearly stated above:  “you believe what the US mockingbird (CIA controlled) media tells you to believe”

Some of us who are fully awake do not believe the reported US death tolls, allegedly by CV19 and believe the figures have been manipulated from Day 1.