The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hey From Odessa  (Read 33272 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Hey From Odessa
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 02:19:55 AM »
How did he not have to quarantine for two weeks? 

the information says that if you're arriving from a "red country" you must quarantine. 

Currently the US is flaming red. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 06:20:09 AM »
Can you post a photo of you with todays or tomorrows Odessa Times with date clearly showing or something like that as proof that you are in Ukraine? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 08:27:40 AM »
An answer you are unlikely to get, as this story like most of his previous tales reads like total bullshit!!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »
An answer you are unlikely to get, as this story like most of his previous tales reads like total bullshit!!!

Bruce! Welcome back!

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2020, 10:59:06 PM »
Honestly I'm a little bit concerned about posting the details publicly
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline justadude

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2020, 11:01:49 PM »

the information says that if you're arriving from a "red country" you must quarantine. 

I had a similar experience as a couple other guys I've been talking to on FB groups. I showed my insurance document to the border guard along with the passport. She stamped it and said welcome to Ukraine. That was in Kiev. Then in  Odessa it was a domestic flight so I just walked off the plane and got in my Uber taxi.

My gf OTOH, had quarantine. But we got her a CV19 test and was set free. We found that we were able to leave our apartment for up to 3 hours at a time between the required selfies without getting in trouble
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline justadude

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2020, 11:06:56 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »

Wise.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »
I showed my insurance document to the border guard along with the passport. She stamped it and said welcome to Ukraine.

With the understanding that I am not asking for personal information, what constitutes an "insurance document"?

Then in  Odessa it was a domestic flight so I just walked off the plane and got in my Uber taxi.

Uber doesn't always work at the airport.  Maybe it's better now.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Lyndontom

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »

He's already said that he flew from Rome to Kiev. Italy is on the green list.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2020, 04:08:20 PM »

Most countries take heed of transits. Flying from Cootiestan to Italy and then to Ukraine would not provide a suitable buffer. Again though, I am curious about when he flew given that Europe has been closed to the plague country for a long time.
Something doesn't add up.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Omega1982

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »

One must have been in Italy 14 days to be considered green. You don't just stop being high risk in a few hours

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2020, 11:27:53 PM »

Dear Justadude,

I believe you are where you say you are and it was you who spoke of the clandestine routing.

Perhaps you can reveal more when you are botb back home, safe.

I am genuinely  interested in how you did it as, before Aug 1st, meeting a Russian...even one's wife, without quarantine,  seemed impossible.

What you may have done is rather rash, given the pandemic, but it will still be interesting reading.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Omega1982

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2020, 12:19:05 AM »
At first I read this and thought wow, way to go, but as I think about it more, I think this is all a big lie.  Now why would an adult go through the trouble of making up a fantastic story like this?  Maybe someone can google search the photos and see what comes up.  Here are the facts and inconsistencies. 

1.    The author of the post claims he took six flights then mentions only four flights which are as follows.

A.    SMF / ORD
B.   ORD / VIE
C.   VIE / FCO (Rome)
D.   FCO / KBP 
2.    The author claims his “girlfriend” took two flights then a ten hour taxi ride.  Most Ukrainians take the train, but lets assume he paid for this ten hour taxi ride.  Then he claims he picked her up at the airport?  So if those two flights were from Siberia to Moscow and then Moscow to Kiev and then the drive to Odessa how did he pick her up from the airport if he himself said he flew into Odessa? 
3.   Also, I searched online and could not find any flights from Moscow to Kiev. 
4.   Also how would he not be quarantined if hes coming from America.  She would also need to be quarantined.  Theyre both coming in from countries with very high infection rates.  See below. 
The fact that the author has insurance doesn’t mean he isn’t infected.  Insurance is a promise to pay when the bill arrives, its not a declaration of a clean bill of health. 

“Red zone” countries are countries that have more than 40 active COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population. Travelers entering from “red zone” countries are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon entry to Ukraine. These include:
•   Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cape Verde, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, France, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mauritania, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Turks and Caicos, UAE, United Kingdom, and the United States of America
Citizens and nationals of “red zone” countries do not need to undergo quarantine if they have arrived from the “green zone.” They will need to prove that they have physically been in the “green zone” countries in the last 14 days.

Then there’s my personal opinion.  I’m 38 and the only FSU women which are currently communicating with me are aged 44.  Ideally I seek a 30 year old woman but guess what it ain’t 1999 no more.  I find it difficult that a Russian woman would be interested in meeting an American right now and especially if said American is 20 years older than her.  The woman in the photos is either a 9 or a 10.  This is extremely difficult to find now, basically impossible.  If the woman’s intention is for a long term relationship, why is America still attractive to her?  What does a country with civil unrest, high unemployment and 140,000 preventable covid deaths have to offer her?  Add to this the strong anti Russian sentiment and the sanctions.  If the woman only wants a shag why bother with a 20 year older American which can potentially bring the virus?  So there are only two logical options left.  Either he paid her or this is all a lie.  But given the irregularities in the story based on the facts above, I would go for the latter. 

p/d Steve, can you be so kind as to tell us how many 9’s and 10’s from Russia are currently on your site? 

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2020, 01:11:18 AM »
At first I read this and thought wow, way to go, but as I think about it more, I think this is all a big lie.  Now why would an adult go through the trouble of making up a fantastic story like this?  Maybe someone can google search the photos and see what comes up.  Here are the facts and inconsistencies. 

1.    The author of the post claims he took six flights then mentions only four flights which are as follows.

A.    SMF / ORD
B.   ORD / VIE
C.   VIE / FCO (Rome)
D.   FCO / KBP 
2.    The author claims his “girlfriend” took two flights then a ten hour taxi ride.  Most Ukrainians take the train, but lets assume he paid for this ten hour taxi ride.  Then he claims he picked her up at the airport?  So if those two flights were from Siberia to Moscow and then Moscow to Kiev and then the drive to Odessa how did he pick her up from the airport if he himself said he flew into Odessa? 
3.   Also, I searched online and could not find any flights from Moscow to Kiev. 
4.   Also how would he not be quarantined if hes coming from America.  She would also need to be quarantined.  Theyre both coming in from countries with very high infection rates.  See below. 
The fact that the author has insurance doesn’t mean he isn’t infected.  Insurance is a promise to pay when the bill arrives, its not a declaration of a clean bill of health. 

“Red zone” countries are countries that have more than 40 active COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population. Travelers entering from “red zone” countries are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon entry to Ukraine. These include:
•   Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cape Verde, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, France, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mauritania, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Turks and Caicos, UAE, United Kingdom, and the United States of America
Citizens and nationals of “red zone” countries do not need to undergo quarantine if they have arrived from the “green zone.” They will need to prove that they have physically been in the “green zone” countries in the last 14 days.

Then there’s my personal opinion.  I’m 38 and the only FSU women which are currently communicating with me are aged 44.  Ideally I seek a 30 year old woman but guess what it ain’t 1999 no more.  I find it difficult that a Russian woman would be interested in meeting an American right now and especially if said American is 20 years older than her.  The woman in the photos is either a 9 or a 10.  This is extremely difficult to find now, basically impossible.  If the woman’s intention is for a long term relationship, why is America still attractive to her?  What does a country with civil unrest, high unemployment and 140,000 preventable covid deaths have to offer her?  Add to this the strong anti Russian sentiment and the sanctions.  If the woman only wants a shag why bother with a 20 year older American which can potentially bring the virus?  So there are only two logical options left.  Either he paid her or this is all a lie.  But given the irregularities in the story based on the facts above, I would go for the latter. 

p/d Steve, can you be so kind as to tell us how many 9’s and 10’s from Russia are currently on your site?

Someone is bored and jealous.

The answer is: Porsche, there is no substitute! 🤣🤣

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2020, 01:13:43 AM »
Omega, it's a stretch to suggest he's lying. Why would he? He's being a little economical with detail which is maybe wise if he's ducking and diving to get around virus restrictions.

Belavia do a bunch of Moscow to Kiev flights, stopping in Minsk FYI.

I'm sure he won't mind me confirming his internet connection is coming out of Ukraine.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Omega1982

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2020, 01:22:00 AM »
No quarantine for either? 

I could pay a photographer in miami beach to do a nice photo shoot with some model in a nice high rise and say im elsewhere. 

Online Omega1982

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2020, 01:23:44 AM »
that would be siberia - moscow - minsk - kiev. 

3 flights. 

some things dont add up. 

why would the border guard let you pass without the quarantine. 

this is a global health emergency. 

other members here also doubt some points. 

Offline Guile

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2020, 02:07:23 AM »
Why are you guys all so curious as to how Justdude got there...he probably broke a few quarantine rules but it's his life.

Omega maybe you just aren't such a catch.  I'm around your age and talking to girls in their 20's and 30's and enough of them are interested in a life abroad.  But I've worked in Russia and know the language enough so I ain't some dude half way around the world looking for an online fling.

Offline justadude

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2020, 02:25:12 AM »
It would appear that I'm not very good at math. 6 airports= 5 flights including the Kiev to Odessa leg

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2020, 03:50:50 AM »

A.    SMF / ORD
B.   ORD / VIE
C.   VIE / FCO (Rome)
D.   FCO / KBP 

Ideally I seek a 30 year old woman but guess what it ain’t 1999 no more.. Glad you finally come to that conclusion.. :thumbsup: 

But you can still find a nice younger women BUT it aint easy!! Best to live in Russia

p/d Steve, can you be so kind as to tell us how many 9’s and 10’s from Russia are currently on your site? . Yes we do get lots of 9/10 women but 99.99% we transfer over to our other web site.     https://www.facebook.com/CupidGuardcom-1946518872238288

Online Omega1982

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2020, 03:54:11 AM »
Good point

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2020, 04:49:39 AM »
Good point

Look on the good side of things.. two years you will be 40.. that's much more realistic age to find a women more doable for sure... nearly no chance in your early 30s ..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2020, 05:00:19 AM »
Hey Manny, I can be from Ukraine too!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2020, 08:14:46 AM »
Odessa times with todays date clearly showing in photo next to the girl.. its not rocket science like they do when they kidnap someone  :laugh: