General Discussion > General Chat

Boycott Turkey?

(1/5) > >>

msmoby:
Just saw a headline on BBC news app that Agia Sophia will be made a Mosque. If that is the case I will never use Istanbul as a hub, use Turkish Airlines and refrain from spending money in Turkey. The whole point was it being accessible to tourists.IF this is true... I hope that Turkey will 'wake up' or they are going to have lots of empty hotels.

BBC News - Iconic Istanbul museum 'could return to mosque'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53366307

I regularly holiday in Turkey and this should remain a museum. Atatürk and his modernisation of Turkey is in full retreat(

Manny:
You%u2019ll never learn.

Who cares about some structure in Turkey?

The Muzzies will do what they want to do in their own lands. It%u2019s a Muslim country.

Hell, they pretty much do what they want to do in our land.

Are you bleating about Christian churches being converted to mosques in England? Nope, thought not.

Here you%u2019ll bleat we should be %u201Cinclusive%u201D and support %u201Cdiversity%u201D. But a building in a Muslim country being converted to a mosque you%u2019re up in arms.

Funny bloke.

AvHdB:
This discussion or conversion if you wish has been going on for over a year. Yes there are clear local politics involved. What is new?

As a matter of principle I will not visit for vacation a divided island or a Muslim nation. That is my (our) choice.

This 'building' was in fact the largest Christian cathedral in the world when it was finished. Seen by many of the Christian Orthdox followers as something of a 'holy site.'

Markje:

--- Quote from: msmoby on July 10, 2020, 07:38:15 AM ---I regularly holiday in Turkey and this should remain a museum. Atatürk and his modernisation of Turkey is in full retreat(

--- End quote ---
I never holiday in Turkey, cause you know, Erdogan.

And finally you're catching on to what the rest of us have been saying for years!

msmoby:

--- Quote from: Markje on July 10, 2020, 05:55:28 PM ---
I never holiday in Turkey, cause you know, Erdogan.

And finally you're catching on to what the rest of us have been saying for years!

--- End quote ---

IF you go, you'd realise that Turkey is VERY much split between those adhering to the Ataturk principles of secularism and those with an agenda to make Turkey as 'Muslim' country.

I do't believe for a second that the 'coup' was anything other than a false flag to lock up those who stood in the way of change, but if you go to the 'tourist areas' , secularism still reigns. 

When VVP told Erdogan, " no Russian tourists" Erdogan had to back down and say 'Sorry' for shooting down a RU jet..If the tourists say "we'll stay away"... the same effect might happen

--- Quote from: Manny on July 10, 2020, 03:48:25 PM ---

Who cares about some structure in Turkey? 
--- End quote ---

Well, I know you don't ...  :chuckle:

--- Quote from: Manny on July 10, 2020, 03:48:25 PM ---The Muzzies will do what they want to do in their own lands. It%u2019s a Muslim country.
--- End quote ---

You see, you tell me do to comment on N.Korea and then prove you don't understand Turkey.. Islam IS the dominant religion, but it's founder was wise and made the state secular

--- Quote from: Manny on July 10, 2020, 03:48:25 PM ---Hell, they pretty much do what they want to do in our land.
--- End quote ---

You mean Turks or followers of Islam ?

AGAIN, you don't go to the places you talk about .. You'll find Christian Churches in Turkey and in N.Cyprus

--- Quote from: Manny on July 10, 2020, 03:48:25 PM ---Are you bleating about Christian churches being converted to mosques in England? Nope, thought not.
--- End quote ---

I'm 'bleating' about a MUSEUM to both religions being turned back into a place of worship for one. when there's a HUGE Mosque, nearby hat doesn't fill up ..THe concept of it's being SECULAR is the issue.

I bleat about the desecration of the G.Orthodox places of worship in '74 on Cyprus ... bte ( you just don't pay attention

--- Quote from: Manny on July 10, 2020, 03:48:25 PM ---Here you%u2019ll bleat we should be "inclusive" and support "diversity". But a building in a Muslim country being converted to a mosque you%u2019re up in arms.

Funny bloke.

--- End quote ---

Yup, YOU don't get it ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version