The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Visa  (Read 6613 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Visa
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »

When Brexit details are finalised, most of your freeloading shenanigans will be history. Enjoy it while you can. The clock is ticking.  tiphat

I'm not convinced Boris won't  be backtracking / conceding on certain issues re immigration .. but by then our  'freeloading' completely legal and far fairer re rights of non UK citizen in UK route to UK visits will be sorted ;)

What IDIOT would pay thousands of Pounds for a visa that gives his wife less rights ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 02:24:34 AM »
A Brit from N Ireland arguing with a french government ombudsman over an EU family members visa application for a Russian wife he’s not seen in 6 months or so. All to save a few quid and make himself feel clever.

:'(

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 06:45:19 AM »
A Brit from N Ireland arguing with a french government ombudsman over an EU family members visa application for a Russian wife he’s not seen in 6 months or so. All to save a few quid and make himself feel clever.

Posted by a Scot without a clue.. :chuckle:

I am wearing my IRL hat and the FR visa site has been faulty for SIX weeks ...

My 'complaint' was very polite and the response swift and professional ..

The EU Direct helpline still works from the UK 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11

https://europa.eu/european-union/contact_en

When Scotland joins the EU you might find it useful ;)

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »

Posted by a Scot without a clue.. :chuckle:

I am wearing my IRL hat and the FR visa site has been faulty for SIX weeks ...

My 'complaint' was very polite and the response swift and professional ..

The EU Direct helpline still works from the UK 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11

https://europa.eu/european-union/contact_en

When Scotland joins the EU you might find it useful ;)

I couldn't give a toss what hat you're stealing and wearing. You're a dodgy old git and your miserable argumentative life writes like a cheap novel. The whole episode is embarrassing.  :snivel:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
AvHdB,

Having a visa and plane ticket does not guarantee a flight in these times..

Be assured that we are happier that plans are made...Something that before August 1st was impossible to dream of.

We are interviewing respite carers to allow me a longer break.

There you go... :coffeeread:

Offline Manny

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »
When Scotland joins the EU

A Remaniac wet dream.

There's more chance of Alaska rejoining Russia.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 04:09:14 AM »

A Remaniac wet dream.

There's more chance of Alaska rejoining Russia.

..yet another 'quote of the decade' comment I'll be reminding you of ...

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »

A Remaniac wet dream.

There's more chance of Alaska rejoing Russia.

..yet another 'quote of the decade' comment I'll be reminding you of ...

There's no chance in hell for the foreseeable but carry on with your deluded outlook.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »
I hope that Lying Moby is able to line up respite care for is mother. Perhaps the care home up the road from him can help out?

More importantly, will his current wife want to meet with him in his current state?
Will his current wife want to provide Lying Moby with the 'respite care' he so desperately needs?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 02:26:21 PM »
I hope that Lying Moby is able to line up respite care for is mother. Perhaps the care home up the road from him can help out?

More importantly, will his current wife want to meet with him in his current state?
Will his current wife want to provide Lying Moby with the 'respite care' he so desperately needs?

🤣🤣🤣

Offline sparky114

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:53 AM »
Forgetting and putting aside the MS crap on this thread (:)

The realisation that there is a need for a Visa that covers the partners/ Families of Russian citizens is long overdue, and something some of us have waited years for.  :thumbsup: Also the abolishment of the maximum time in country on any one visa, will also enable the likes of myself to travel there more often and for longer during any one period, rather than working out how i can get a 90day visa to cover 2 trips in one go  :8)

It will be a nice bridge between visiting and living before i choose to go for Temp res.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 05:50:23 AM »
Forgetting and putting aside the MS crap on this thread (:)

The realisation that there is a need for a Visa that covers the partners/ Families of Russian citizens is long overdue, and something some of us have waited years for.  :thumbsup: Also the abolishment of the maximum time in country on any one visa, will also enable the likes of myself to travel there more often and for longer during any one period, rather than working out how i can get a 90day visa to cover 2 trips in one go  :8)

It will be a nice bridge between visiting and living before i choose to go for Temp res.

Sadly, Sparky..

I don't see any five-eyes nation's citizens having such ease of access to family visits .. Not got any Irish Grandparents ?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/09/16/russia-announces-long-term-family-member-visas-a71464

Does it apply to Brits I wonder?

It is for everyone.. its the standard private invite anyone can get but with a longer time period..will be very handy for lots of people, multiple entry also...

Offline Brian275

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »
Im glad Russia is simplifying the Private Visa process. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be having to get this. Despite having a Tourist Visa, and a copy of my child's birth certificate, I'm not allowed re-entry into Russia at the moment. Confirmation by the Russian Embassy in DC. Not a criticism, it's just the way it is.

I am hoping I'll be allowed in with a Private Visa (I almost said Visitor Visa, lol). I won't begin applying until I get certainty that I would. But obviously I'll need to provide proof of a Covid test, as well, in order to re-enter.

I only left Russia because my 6 months were up. Went to Antalya thinking I could return back to Russia without problems. After it turned out I can't return on my Tourist Visa, I  hoped my fiance and child could have met me in Turkey next month. But due to situations its just not possible right now. Will soon fly "home" to Houston where there is a Russian Consulate. Hopefully can meet in November, but preferably back in Russia!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
Im glad Russia is simplifying the Private Visa process. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be having to get this. Despite having a Tourist Visa, and a copy of my child's birth certificate, I'm not allowed re-entry into Russia at the moment. Confirmation by the Russian Embassy in DC. Not a criticism, it's just the way it is.

I am hoping I'll be allowed in with a Private Visa (I almost said Visitor Visa, lol). I won't begin applying until I get certainty that I would. But obviously I'll need to provide proof of a Covid test, as well, in order to re-enter.

I only left Russia because my 6 months were up. Went to Antalya thinking I could return back to Russia without problems. After it turned out I can't return on my Tourist Visa, I  hoped my fiance and child could have met me in Turkey next month. But due to situations its just not possible right now. Will soon fly "home" to Houston where there is a Russian Consulate. Hopefully can meet in November, but preferably back in Russia!

Dont yanks get a 3 year private Visa? Or a three year tourist visa..

Offline Brian275

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
I dont recall how long the private visa is, but yes Americans can get one. The problem is, the last I checked, they aren't being issued right now unless you have an adult relative in Russia (or I think a teenage child). My child is way younger than that and I'm not legally a relative to my fiance (since, well, we aren't married yet). We should have before all this mess, and I take full responsibility for that! My fiance went to the correct department and asked everything about it. The problem is within the issuance of invitations. They wont let my fiance get an invitation for a non-relative, and my child is too young to write an invitation on my behalf. But with a private visa, hopefully, I would be able to enter. As long as I provide a copy of my child's birth certificate. Here's hoping they make an exception for non-relatives.

I do understand their reasoning behind it, though. For all they know I'm an estranged ex-boyfriend coming to Russia during a pandemic, and suppose to stay with an estranged ex-girlfriend (because with a private visa you are suppose to stay together). And that the only reason I'm there is to see my child. And certainly even married couples can be estranged, but its much less likely.

Anyway, apologies for the long delay! We are hoping to meet in Turkey sometime soon.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2021, 05:24:32 AM »
So the new 12 month family visa came into power at the London visa centre today ..

Very easy about 240 quid unlimited in and out of Russia for 12 months .. you just need wifes passport and marriage certificate notarized .. arrive at the visa centre pay the fee and wait 10 days..

Im sure it will be handy for some people..

Offline Manny

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2021, 02:26:04 PM »
So the new 12 month family visa came into power at the London visa centre today ..

Very easy about 240 quid unlimited in and out of Russia for 12 months .. you just need wifes passport and marriage certificate notarized .. arrive at the visa centre pay the fee and wait 10 days..

Im sure it will be handy for some people..

:party0011:

I'd like to think I played a small part in this.

So, some interesting developments.

After befriending some folks on Twitter over time, now an influential chap in Russia follows me on Twitter.

Not visiting Russia this year because of the new biometric bullshit, which means a trip to London and hundreds of pounds for a visa now, with him on my follow list I thought I would PM him about that. Its inconvenient, expensive and unnecessary. I made a case that "friends of Russia", those with over 5 visas, and those with kids/wives with citizenship should be excused from the BS. Better still, get a five year free multi entry. He said research it, write something coherent, and he will make sure it gets to the "top table" for consideration.  :king:

So, any Brits you know or any close Europeans who are peeved about the new rules, we have an opportunity to create a new visa class. Hence the new topic out front. I have some stuff written already, but it needs polishing and honing. I'll be submitting my ideas in about two weeks.

Any ideas, bung them on the topic or PM me. This sort of opportunity doesn't come around too often.

I started banging the drum about this to then Ambasador Yakovenko a few years back. I did sumbit a report on it. He agreed with the idea but said it would take years to do and had started the ball rolling. Here we are six years later.

Registration