Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Dating in the FSU and Other Countries

Arrival cards for Russian visas

(1/2) > >>

TwoBitBandit:
My first two Russian vias came back from the consulate with these pre-printed arrival cards in them.  The customs people would retain the card after I left Russia.  (I'm NOT talking abou the card they give you on the airplane pick up in the lobby at the arrival hall in the airport.)

However, my most recent visa didn't come with one of these.

Is that an oversight by the consulate?  Or are these cards no longer required?  I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem or not...

mogurx:
I just received a new tourist-double entry visa  from RU.  Same, nothing more attached or added.  It is glued in the passport pages of a new "electronic" USA passport.

FWIW

Chris:

--- Quote from: TwoBitBandit on May 01, 2007, 10:52:35 AM ---My first two Russian vias came back from the consulate with these pre-printed arrival cards in them.  The customs people would retain the card after I left Russia.  (I'm NOT talking abou the card they give you on the airplane pick up in the lobby at the arrival hall in the airport.)

However, my most recent visa didn't come with one of these.

Is that an oversight by the consulate?  Or are these cards no longer required?  I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem or not...

--- End quote ---

Same with mine when I went in March, no problems entering or leaving Russia at all.

TwoBitBandit:
OK, thanks guys.

chivo:
Just a FYI in case you didn't already know. The visas rules changed after the New Year. All you need is the visa itself. The process has become easier, especially for the business visas.

Here's another change for those of you (Americans) travelling through Russia to another country. Apparently you will need a transit visa to exit. May want to double check with your visa company to make sure all is well before you leave should this be the case. good luck.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1301661.stm

chivo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version