The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: SpaceX  (Read 779 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
SpaceX
« on: May 31, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
Well done SpaceX I think this will be the start of some interesting space things over the next 10 years Im already saving for my ticket!

What stands out is their new kit and space module looks so much like Stanley Kubrick's gear in 2001 a space odyssey.. I always wondered why they never made a new update of that movie.. one of the best movies ever made..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: SpaceX
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:42:15 AM »
The ticket for you when still alive or in cryogenic state ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:27 AM »
The ticket for you when still alive or in cryogenic state ?

Hopefully still alive but cryogenic will do as long as I can see some thing, if money gets tight I will just preserve my head in some kind of jam jar.. to be woken once in space.. :laugh:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 11:56:39 AM »
Well done SpaceX I think this will be the start of some interesting space things over the next 10 years Im already saving for my ticket!

Come join Trump's new Space Force military branch. You'll get paid to go into space. The movie below was based on a true story.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »

What stands out is their new kit and space module looks so much like Stanley Kubrick's gear in 2001 a space odyssey.. I always wondered why they never made a new update of that movie.. one of the best movies ever made..

Yea I like the Houston to Moscow in 15 minutes. Just think when it finally become cheap enough what will be possible.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 12:55:49 PM »
Im all for space travel .. hope we get to see it soon. Humans should get on together, life is to short if they never wasted so much money fighting each other we could be all over the solar system right now..its all there ready to be discovered ..

I also want to seek out new life, new civilizations and boldly go where no man has been before..

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »
I also want to seek out new life, new civilizations and boldly go where no man has been before..

Isn't that Russia?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Texan77

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 04:31:09 PM »
Im all for space travel .. hope we get to see it soon. Humans should get on together, life is to short if they never wasted so much money fighting each other we could be all over the solar system right now..its all there ready to be discovered ..

Watch out!!! You might make out like the USA Indians did.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 09:51:14 PM »
Launching satelites is big business.

For decades up to ten years ago the Americans and Russia had the majority of the market of putting satelites into orbit. The Chinese and Europeans were also competing. By 2017 some 45% of satelites launches were done by SpaceX. In 2019 it was almost 60% with as far as I can see Russia not launching a single commercial satellite.

Perhaps most importantly the cost of satelite launches has fallen dramatically because of SpaceX's pricing.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 01:45:12 AM »

as far as I can see Russia not launching a single commercial satellite.

Incorrect,

example S.Korean CAS500-1 and 2 ...

though they seem to have given up competing in the Commercial launch market

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/04/russia-appears-to-have-surrendered-to-spacex-in-the-global-launch-market/

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration