Information & Chat > TV, Music, Books, Digital Media & Appliances

In the market for a big screen 65"

(1/10) > >>

Danchik:
I'm in the market for a big screen TV, 65" to be exact.

Has anyone bought one recently, or does anyone have any expertise on the subject. I've been researching this for over a week now and it's starting to drive me crazy. It's been almost 15 years since I last bought a TV.

Budget 50-70000 roubles ($600-1000).

I've boiled it down to Samsung series 7 and 8, but still can't decide if there's any difference between the two or truly know what is what.

Experts welcomed.

andrewfi:
Differences: http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-samsung-series-7-and-series-8/

Higher refresh rate? Put some soccer on the two tvs in the shop. Does the 8 look better than the 7? If so buy it. Some people don't like the effect it can have on normal content. It's turned off on my TV.
Local dimming is handy when watching movies. It increases contrast without blowing out the highlights. It's worth paying for if you have decent quality video content.
Better inherent contrast. Blacker blacks is usually a good thing.

I'd look at the two next to each other on identical content see if you think the difference is worth paying for.

msmoby:
Totally depends on the sources of your content and std... if you ain't an expert .. buy the cheaper one

Example: There's less than 10 RU TV channels that broadcast in 4k

You need a demo of both showing the same 4K content

Danchik:

--- Quote from: andrewfi on May 29, 2020, 08:38:11 AM ---Differences: http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-samsung-series-7-and-series-8/

Higher refresh rate? Put some soccer on the two tvs in the shop. Does the 8 look better than the 7? If so buy it. Some people don't like the effect it can have on normal content. It's turned off on my TV.
Local dimming is handy when watching movies. It increases contrast without blowing out the highlights. It's worth paying for if you have decent quality video content.
Better inherent contrast. Blacker blacks is usually a good thing.

I'd look at the two next to each other on identical content see if you think the difference is worth paying for.

--- End quote ---
So I gather the higher refresher rate doesn't make a difference to the untrained eye.

Am I crazy to think when we're talking about this price range, whether series 7 or 8, they're all about the same technology-wise?

Markje:
Where would you want to put such a big thing?

If you count eye-distance to TV , you'd have to have at least 4 meters of unobstructed living room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version