The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Who wants to live in the UK..  (Read 686 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Who wants to live in the UK..
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »

Yep... I shall not be returning to live in the UK ever..

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/nearly-two-thirds-of-brits-living-abroad-vow-never-to-return-to-uk-160905675.html

they ALL say that until they need treatment

That's true. They're all on the Easyjet as soon as they are poorly.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:41:03 AM »

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/nearly-two-thirds-of-brits-living-abroad-vow-never-to-return-to-uk-160905675.html

How do you work that out then? And did you ever hear of private treatment? Tax savings alone can pay for the best of every thing very easy and that's the same in  many countries..

Most of my friends here for example who have kids , the kids have Russian passports not British .. why? As many will say health care is just as good as the UK and better  if your paying private..

That is old wife tales about everyone returning to the UK for treatment!

Online Texan77

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:56:13 AM »
Yea you get into your eighties and you income drops and your private treatment cost sores. I have an eighty six year old tenant who has been with me for years now. He spends more time in Hospitals than out. I use to take him to the hospitals but now I can not get him in and out of my truck so we have to call ambulance to take him. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
Yea you get into your eighties and you income drops and your private treatment cost sores. I have an eighty six year old tenant who has been with me for years now. He spends more time in Hospitals than out. I use to take him to the hospitals but now I can not get him in and out of my truck so we have to call ambulance to take him.

It makes no difference where you live in the world if your from the US you will have to pay for it at home or abroad..

Yea you get into your eighties and you income drops. Once when I was broke I had no room booked at a Moscow hotel , tried to find some economy room (It was Christmas) the girl on the phone answered about rooms when I said that is bloody expensive "earn more money" Always remember that it shocked me , what an answer..

So the same answer to you "Earn more money"

Online Texan77

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »
That is not true. I take him to hospital and admit him knowing he only has Medicare. I think he sends the hospital a 100 per month or so. The bills add up in the ten of thousands and that is just the deductibles. But they never not serve him and never treat him anything other than the best they can. They never complains about how far he is behind. They know he will never pay the bill. 

I suppose now your Russian wife is supporting you? Maybe I need to get one or two of those. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 02:41:21 PM »
That is not true. I take him to hospital and admit him knowing he only has Medicare. I think he sends the hospital a 100 per month or so. The bills add up in the ten of thousands and that is just the deductibles. But they never not serve him and never treat him anything other than the best they can. They never complains about how far he is behind. They know he will never pay the bill. 

I suppose now your Russian wife is supporting you? Maybe I need to get one or two of those.

I don't age mate! Like peter pan I will still be flying around in my 90's  :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 02:48:42 PM »

I don't age mate! Like peter pan I will still be flying around in my 90's  :laugh:

Come On! We all know you are almost 49.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 03:00:30 PM »

A little older (( Just waiting for the cure to come along.. :bow:  Im preying every night!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:13 PM »

A little older (( Just waiting for the cure to come along.. :bow:  Im preying every night!

Who are your victims?  :o
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 03:40:35 AM »

How do you work that out then? And did you ever hear of private treatment? Tax savings alone can pay for the best of every thing very easy and that's the same in  many countries..

Most of my friends here for example who have kids , the kids have Russian passports not British .. why? As many will say health care is just as good as the UK and better  if your paying private..

That is old wife tales about everyone returning to the UK for treatment!

Steve, you're on a slightly different track from Moby. I agree, if you've got cash then you needn't come back to the UK for free health care. Remember you're dealing with people like Moby. He's talking about people with no money coming back to get free stuff from the UK taxpayer. It's high quality and other people pay for your treatment.

It's why people like him bitch and complain about the Uk and Brexit, surf couches abroad and make wild claims of never coming back. Yet with the smallest bump in the road they come running for their free shit. That's why they never hand in their passport and back up their hollow words.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:02 AM »
[Trolling and insults removed]

If it didn't cost £378 to renounce my UK nationality, I'd have done so
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 04:23:20 AM »
Much depends on what sort of expat you are and if you consider yourself an expat, sure most who go retire in Spain they are just Brits sunning it in Spain for a few years , most do not even speak a word of Spanish, of course they will always go back for their free treatment and pension..

There are also lots of people who simply left the UK years ago and never return, I have several friends here from the Uk who have been here like 25/30 years, they are pretty well Russian, speak fluent, have Russian passports, kids with Russian passports .. going back to the UK for any treatment is not an option or even a consideration. Most Brits I know here consider Russian education to be better than in the UK, and prefer their kids to be educated here in Russian myself included. University is free in Russia unlike the Uk where basically if your from a low income family you will have a chain round your neck for a long long time! Its house loans in the UK its normal to have a mortgage round your neck for 35 years and pay a big chunk of your money to it.

And worst of all in the UK if your earning lots you pay lots in tax lots and lots and that doesn't include all the indirect taxes, basically your ass is taxed till you die..When I left the Uk I only had $50 a week to live on, if I returned now I would be in the top 5% of earners and would be clobbered, I don't work 20 hours a day to fund the unemployed and all other tom dick and harry wanting some form of benefits .

Also Russia and probably many other countries offer chances in life you would never ever get in the Uk. I know lots of people here who have made it fairly big , have no debt and all say they would never of got the opportunity in the Uk. My cousin works and lives  in China and also says the same ..it is a common story.

Myself I do not have private medical , I can afford it but have other requirements for that money at the moment but probably in a few years time I will maybe find some private care. Good quality treatment is not expensive in Russia as it is in many other countries, though probably if I woke up with a brain tumor tomorrow I would go back to the UK.. and why not I paid enough taxes and stuff there in my time..why should I pay for it privately ? But of course as time goes on I would not be able to use that excuse..I could hardly use that excuse in 15 years time!

I see it like this.. if your born in the UK with a silver spoon in your mouth, mummy and daddy act as a bank for you then you will never have nothing to complain about , not so many people are though.

Most people are born into hell and have to climb their way out of the shit is the way I see it in the UK, a few more years its going to be just the have's and have nots in the UK..

Registration