The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello .  (Read 927 times)

Offline Alistair1947

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: None Yet
Hello .
« on: May 27, 2020, 08:42:23 AM »
Hello,
British expatriate living in Tver Russia married to my Former Soviet Union Wife Svetlana Pavlovna and been married to her for the last 19 years .

tiphat

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hello .
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:02:36 AM »
Hello,
British expatriate living in Tver Russia married to my Former Soviet Union Wife Svetlana Pavlovna and been married to her for the last 19 years .

tiphat

Welcome to RUA!

While there are no rules, one does not normally write full names of partners. I suspect because of Nosey Parkers. We are a diverse group, but your insights will always be welcome.

tiphat
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »
Welcome Alistair.

I recall many years ago there was a bunch of expats that had relocated to and around Tver, I guy who had an agency called Richard was involved, and they wanted to create some kind of expat town. I dont think it got off the ground.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »
Welcome Alistair,

Is this you ?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/09/18/flying_priests_cropdust_russian_citizens_with_holy_water_to_make_them_stop_boozing_and_bonking/

Flying priests crop-dust Russian citizens with holy water to make them stop boozing and bonking
Social afflictions solved by waving an 'inexhaustible chalice' in your face
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic