The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dominic Cummings  (Read 6085 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Dominic Cummings
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2020, 08:02:19 AM »
Oh, I should point out about "Dominic Cummings' cottage"

The BBC headline is incorrect, the body of the article is, at least, misleading given what the writer of the price would have known.

1) its not Dominic Cummings' cottage, the property is his father's.
2) the planning permission dates back before his parents bought the property.
3) poll tax issues likewise date back then because of the planning permission.

It is very likely that Cumming's father was unaware of a lack of planning permission and therefore anything proceeding from events before his ownership.

Having done the research the BBC journalist would have known that but did not tell the reader. That's dishonest and purposefully misleading.

Of course, the headline itself is dishonest because it makes a claim that was known to be untrue at the time it was written. The cottage is not Dominic Cummings' cottage.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
Honestly ms, isn't there something new to moan about? While it is possible you had tea & crumpets with some like minded protestors, D. Cummings is so yesterday. MOVE ON MAN
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2020, 01:20:02 AM »
Honestly ms, isn't there something new to moan about?

I think I'm leaving you lot to moan about 'BLM', the fallout in other nations and the pathetic behaviour of mankind during a pandemic

While it is possible you had tea & crumpets with some like minded protestors

Which, of course, is a silly suggestion, given I'm living in a bubble excluding meeting people...

D. Cummings is so yesterday. MOVE ON MAN [/size][/font]

He and the govt 'wish'.. 

His selfish acts are still  the subjects of derision all over the UK . 

Norn' Irn's Cummings ..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
His selfish acts are still  the subjects of derision all over the UK . 

No, it's yesterday's news now.  :Zzzzsleep:

Nobody gives a rats arse about DC's so-called transgression now. Your howling is ignored. Brexiteers 1, Remainiacs 0.  :smokin:

Most retail opens tomorrow, the so-called "lockdown" is over, your mates in the radical left are trashing our cities and their sinister plan is only just coming into view: PETER HITCHENS: As the Left now controls every lever of power, we face nothing less than Regime Change.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2020, 11:55:52 PM »

No, it's yesterday's news now.  :Zzzzsleep:

..said he 'Cummings - like', trying to control the agenda ..

Nobody gives a rats arse about DC's so-called transgression now. Your howling is ignored. Brexiteers 1, Remainiacs 0.  :smokin:

Funnily enough, the 'protests' have indeed allowed the govt. to ( seemingly ) try to crash us out of the EU, but NI will be a back door, if BoJo promises no 'borders down the Irish Sea' ..

Most retail opens tomorrow, the so-called "lockdown" is over, your mates in the radical left are trashing our cities
]

Goodness, yet another poster thinking they are

1/ only lefties

2/ I 'support' them .. given you know, I don't .. though I do blame Cummings and BoJo not firing him for causing the govt. ban ( no respect ) on mass gatherings to be ignored

and their sinister plan is only just coming into view: PETER HITCHENS: As the Left now controls every lever of power, we face nothing less than Regime Change.

:ROFL:

You'll 'forgive me', but IF that was a case, we wouldn't be raising the UK version of a single digit to the EU .. and remember, "no-one gives a rat's arse"..?;)

Unfortunately, for you, Cummings is still centre stage..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-chief-nurse-dominic-cummings-ruth-may-daily-briefing-downing-street-a9562741.html

Chief nurse dropped from Downing Street coronavirus briefing ‘after refusing to back Dominic Cummings’
Exclusive: Ruth May stopped from appearing shortly before press conference was due to take place

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2020, 01:03:46 AM »
From the link above posted by Manny.

“In fact, the country with the highest number of deaths per head is Belgium (843 per million). Yet Belgium introduced one of the tightest and most severe shutdowns on the planet. Sweden, without a shutdown at all, has suffered 472 deaths per million.”

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2020, 02:26:52 AM »
From the link above posted by Manny.

“In fact, the country with the highest number of deaths per head is Belgium (843 per million). Yet Belgium introduced one of the tightest and most severe shutdowns on the planet. Sweden, without a shutdown at all, has suffered 472 deaths per million.”
Belgium started way too late with the shutdown and to try and compensate that they indeed had a very tight one.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2020, 04:19:12 AM »
Lefty wingy, crying & complaining.....life's not fair!  :snivel:

I genuinely feel sorry for people who cant accept democracy. They allow decisions made on a global/national scale, to directly impair their simple daily life and they're left to carry a rather huge chip on their shoulder for the rest of their days. Perhaps there should be some kind of recovery group set up to heal these wounds because left unattended, the rest of the country is burdened with a broken citizen. See above for more detail ^^

Moby, you fantasised about interviewing BLM/Antifa protestors at weekend riots and made claims that a substantial proportion of them told you that, they were out because Dominic Cummings told them it was ok. Not only is that absolute fantasy in the most comical of ways, its also a pathetically weak reason to break a social distancing policy, that many would have been banging on about for months.  Anyone using said pathetic excuse shows their true hand immediately and the whole thing here is really rather sad.

Now you've accidentally shown your true hand and you're bleeting on about the EU, silly claims of 'crashing' out of the EU (basically just leaving) and criticising our majority government for everything and anything, in a thread designed to discuss DC's and his road trip. It's all very immature, low IQ, bitter remainer behaviour and for your own good, you need to seek help.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2020, 04:29:45 AM »
...causing the govt. ban ( no respect ) on mass gatherings to be ignored

This is honestly one of the most stupid things I've seen written here, even for Moby. If he believes that, then he's answered my question regarding trolling v intelligence.  :'(

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2020, 07:09:48 AM »
It certainly looks as though, absent health services being overrun, that deaths and infections are pretty much baked in to the point in the local epidemic at which isolation and social distancing takes place.

Of course, when you have families locked up together, if there's one person with covid-19 then a few weeks later it's likley that the whole household will have been infected. That's certainly what happened to to a fei9in the UK where the father, in his 90s,was infected followed by his wife and son. Fortunately, all are OK but the old man was pretty unwell. None went to hospital, all followed the government advice and kept in touch with the health care system.

As for the moby's silly point. Of course people like him are blaming others for their own choices. Moby did not have to go out on his fictional demonstrations, did not have to break government guidelines. Such people used the actions of others to justify breaking those guidelines. That's dishonest at the core. An honest approach for a person with moby's claimed opinion is to say 'it shouldn't have happened but we will continue to take action to protect ourselves'.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2020, 10:34:35 AM »
Actually, in fairness to Moby, he implied he had been out "interviewing" but when I challenged him, he claimed these exchanges were on Facebook IIRC.

Are you , honestly, trying to suggest many protestors - when I pointed out their STUPIDITY and selfishness didn't tell me, " if Cummings can do it" as an 'excuse' ...?
Out interviewing ‘protesters' now?
Some of us see the daftness on FB / Twitter, etc. and even comment
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »
Quite.. :coffeeread:

..bearing in mind I KEEP posting that those protesting or ( looting/ vandalising) are selfish - putting others' lives at risks

Registration