The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Gmail from women  (Read 1077 times)

Offline martincop

• Trips: 1-5
Gmail from women
« on: May 21, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »
How likely is it genuine when the woman has a gmail account?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Gmail from women
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
Lots of Russian women have gmails...

I would watch out for inbox.ru most scammers seem to like that one BK.ru kind of popular also..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 03:32:39 PM »
I would watch out for inbox.ru most scammers seem to like that one BK.ru kind of popular also..

I better tell my wife she’s a scammer then.  :duh:

bk.ru, mail.ru, inbox.ru and list.ru are all one and the same. Think of them like Russian versions of AOL, Yahoo, gmail and googlemail. Most people have one of them. Nothing to “watch out for” there.

I use a mail.ru, my wife has an inbox.ru, she also has a gmail.

Gmail is less common in Russia though. Google as an entity is rather small in Russia. For me, that’d be a *small* red flag. I’d be inclined at some stage to ask why a Russian woman chose an American email server over a Russian one. The answer might be quite innocent.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 12:26:32 AM »

Gmail is less common in Russia though. Google as an entity is rather small in Russia. For me, that’d be a *small* red flag. I’d be inclined at some stage to ask why a Russian woman chose an American email server over a Russian one. The answer might be quite innocent.

WHAaat?

SC had at least two gmail accounts before I knew her. Most English speaking Russian women I know have gmail and use other functionality associated with having such an account on an android smart phone.

Russia, along with other nations, has actively tried to reduce the influence of Google ( ostensibly) as Google worked v.closely with the RF re routing of traffic during the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Most Russian ladies will have a dedicated mail account to deal with dating sites  / apps . It could be the services already listed or yandex or rambler .. having a gmail account probably means nothing sinister

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 03:03:40 AM »
Looks like not so many inbox recently and nearly all Gmail for the last few

I like the responses from them once they are blocked and sent to the special welcoming page.. :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!