The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How to have success when meeting Russian speaking girls  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
How to have success when meeting Russian speaking girls
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »
When I was looking I would write about four women and then go meet them. It is amazing how a two hour dinner would tell me more than months of writing. When it does not work out I would not feel an emotional drop beyond a line thru another name and go to the next. At the end of the trip if there is no one left I would not let that bother me neither just plan another trip and start off with four more girls. The way to find the right one is to keep trying and do not get disappointed when it does not work out or if she is not what you expected. If I get stood up that was just fine that was just a dinner did not have to buy. Obviously she was not going to work out anyway. I would plan to meet any girl a second day if dinner worked out.   

In the middle of an unrelated topic, we find a gold nugget. I agree with this methodology 1000%. I did very similar.

I'd modify that to write 20-40 in a geographic area, weed out the flakes, the ones that don't reply or say no, the ones who write silly stuff, are not responsive enough, who dont seem to have a working phone number or other stuff that is just silly. Weed out then the ones who talk about their ex, their cats, their debt, their ailing relatives, their social problems or any complaints about life, and write only the ones that are optimistic and happy.

From there you get the 1-4 to visit.

If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat.

Find one that might work, see if it works out......
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: How to have success when meeting Russian speaking girls
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:29:03 PM »
When I was looking I would write about four women and then go meet them. It is amazing how a two hour dinner would tell me more than months of writing. When it does not work out I would not feel an emotional drop beyond a line thru another name and go to the next. At the end of the trip if there is no one left I would not let that bother me neither just plan another trip and start off with four more girls. The way to find the right one is to keep trying and do not get disappointed when it does not work out or if she is not what you expected. If I get stood up that was just fine that was just a dinner did not have to buy. Obviously she was not going to work out anyway. I would plan to meet any girl a second day if dinner worked out.   

In the middle of an unrelated topic, we find a gold nugget. I agree with this methodology 1000%. I did very similar.

I'd modify that to write 20-40 in a geographic area, weed out the flakes, the ones that don't reply or say no, the ones who write silly stuff, are not responsive enough, who dont seem to have a working phone number or other stuff that is just silly. Weed out then the ones who talk about their ex, their cats, their debt, their ailing relatives, their social problems or any complaints about life, and write only the ones that are optimistic and happy.

From there you get the 1-4 to visit.

If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat.

Find one that might work, see if it works out......

I used to do the same in Moscow .. some times I would meet 20/30 girls in a week.. :laugh:

Some times just for 20 mins that was enough for me to figure them out and dump her before even buying a coffee..

In my early early Moscow days I was staying in a hostel which only cost 500 Roubles a night so couldn't afford to buy to many coffee's in a day.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:12:37 AM »
I actually wrote more than four girls because it would end up with four I was going to meet. I was not there looking for sex. I did not care how pretty or young the girl was if I could see she was not what I wanted she got crossed off the list. Some of the girls were shocked that they were getting dumped because I could not see anything long term with this.

I was 64 then. I learned that it was more likely for me to work better if she had a child. It is nearly ever girls dream in life to have children and I was to an age where I did not want to start off having more children. I was finding good women without a child but not wanting to start a family was turning out to be a killer. So I started to looked for a girl with about a ten year old. I would have about eight years raising the child. This worked for me where it may not for a younger man. Her son wanted a father and attached to me right away.  I found in many ways I enjoyed him more than her over the years. So he has certainly has not been a problem to me.

On our second date I asked her to bring her son and the three of us went out.  We ate dinner and sometime I would talk to her and some time I would talk with him. I would run around and play him while we walk down the street.  She had tried to date a number of time to Ukraine men who always seem to look at the child as a problem. Then her son would complain and not want her to date. I change all that because I won her son over from the very beginning. Her mother was a single woman and was looking to get rid of this daughter with a child who was living at home. So that was not a hard sell and she sure did not care about extreme age difference. There is a thirty three year age gap her. This was someone who afford to take care of her daughter and raise her grandson.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »
I actually wrote more than four girls because it would end up with four I was going to meet. I was not there looking for sex. I did not care how pretty or young the girl was if I could see she was not what I wanted she got crossed off the list. Some of the girls were shocked that they were getting dumped because I could not see anything long term with this.

I was 64 then. I learned that it was more likely for me to work better if she had a child. It is nearly ever girls dream in life to have children and I was to an age where I did not want to start off having more children. I was finding good women without a child but not wanting to start a family was turning out to be a killer. So I started to looked for a girl with about a ten year old. I would have about eight years raising the child. This worked for me where it may not for a younger man. Her son wanted a father and attached to me right away.  I found in many ways I enjoyed him more than her over the years. So he has certainly has not been a problem to me.

On our second date I asked her to bring her son and the three of us went out.  We ate dinner and sometime I would talk to her and some time I would talk with him. I would run around and play him while we walk down the street.  She had tried to date a number of time to Ukraine men who always seem to look at the child as a problem. Then her son would complain and not want her to date. I change all that because I won her son over from the very beginning. Her mother was a single woman and was looking to get rid of this daughter with a child who was living at home. So that was not a hard sell and she sure did not care about extreme age difference. There is a thirty three year age gap her. This was someone who afford to take care of her daughter and raise her grandson.

Well done Texan77  tiphat a great attitude to have and happy it worked out for you. Others can learn a lot from this.

I took on a woman with a 7 year old, been married now 12+ years and couldn't be happier. We have a 14 year age difference.
Слава Україні

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »

Big time props for being a “real man” and also caring about her son!  tiphat :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »

I've dumped more women than women dumped me. Got to go through a lot of women to find a gem.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »
There are two most important points when it comes to meeting OR planning to meet a FSU women..

1. Realistic expectations of who your probably going to meet and maybe marry if your luck.. If your in your 70's looking for a 30 year old babe.. that's kind of not realistic..

2. Be ready for the long haul.. that means your unlikely to meet your dream women within a few weeks and marry her.. average time is about 2/3 years..

If your ready for that you have a 85% chance of succeeding .. unlike the other unrealistic losers! Who have no chance..

Offline Texan77

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
The real question is if your are seventy year old and looking for thirty year old why are you doing this? What is it going to be in it for her? What is it going to be in it for you after the novity of sex has worn off? What happens when you eighty and she is forty?

Almost anything is possible if you look hard enough but be sure you want what you are chasing. You may get it! Thirty year old have certain kinds of drama and needs. Bring her to the states and she might decide you are not what she is looking for after all.

Be sure you know who you know who you are getting married to. Be sure you Know the bigger the age gap the more likely it will not work out and the more likely you are being scammed. 

My first date the girl turned out to be far prettier than I thought she would be. She sold wholesale for a living and she really knew how to put her self together. She was 30 year old, short thin, natural blond. She also spoke fluent English.  We had dinner together with her and her mother the first night. We spent the next day together.  By the next morning I could tell everything was not adding up. She never said this but I could see what she was really looking for a visa to the USA. She would say or pretend to be anything I wanted to get it.  She had a friend in California who was making a lot of money in the USA and she wanted to do that also. She would of taken me for as much money as she could of gotten and just left. That ending my four months of writing and brought about the change in the way I dated. After this no longer did I invest so much time and trouble in one girl before meeting her.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 12:35:02 AM »

But that wasn't how you found your wife ... You flew out to meet her when she was on a holiday in the Med..

What works best is spontaneity.   

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 12:41:35 AM »

But that wasn't how you found your wife ... You flew out to meet her when she was on a holiday in the Med..

What works best is spontaneity.

Read the OP again, I mentioned visit, I didn’t specify a location. My methodology was as stated.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 12:52:42 AM »

Read the OP again, I mentioned visit, I didn’t specify a location. My methodology was as stated.

I've read the OP and remember you regaling the story face to face ... I guess I'm getting so old, my memory is failing me

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 03:21:25 AM »
The real question is if your are seventy year old and looking for thirty year old why are you doing this? What is it going to be in it for her? What is it going to be in it for you after the novity of sex has worn off? What happens when you eighty and she is forty?

Almost anything is possible if you look hard enough but be sure you want what you are chasing. You may get it! Thirty year old have certain kinds of drama and needs. Bring her to the states and she might decide you are not what she is looking for after all.

Be sure you know who you know who you are getting married to. Be sure you Know the bigger the age gap the more likely it will not work out and the more likely you are being scammed. 

My first date the girl turned out to be far prettier than I thought she would be. She sold wholesale for a living and she really knew how to put her self together. She was 30 year old, short thin, natural blond. She also spoke fluent English.  We had dinner together with her and her mother the first night. We spent the next day together.  By the next morning I could tell everything was not adding up. She never said this but I could see what she was really looking for a visa to the USA. She would say or pretend to be anything I wanted to get it.  She had a friend in California who was making a lot of money in the USA and she wanted to do that also. She would of taken me for as much money as she could of gotten and just left. That ending my four months of writing and brought about the change in the way I dated. After this no longer did I invest so much time and trouble in one girl before meeting her.

The real question is if your are seventy year old and looking for thirty year old why are you doing this?. Because you have a mental problem easy really.. Of course nothing wrong with knocking around with younger women if your older , having some fun.. ok maybe some will use you for money and you will use her for sex.. no problem with that either..

But when your in your 70's and seriously think your going to marry a 30 year old beauty and your ready to spend every day year after year doing all possible, telling the usual stories like they all do "I do not look my age" "Our family is from good genetics so Im a 40 year old 70 year old" and so on and so on the bullshit never stops..

Older guys can actually find a younger women as easy as 1-2-3 just be realistic! If your in your 60's what the hell is wrong with a 40 year old beauty?? For most though it is not good enough...no no no!! Im here to recuse some one and give them a better life and for that rescue package I expect a grand daughter bride.. :laugh:

Just stick to a nice mature women and you could be married within 12 months easy peasy!! Here are a few.. https://ukrainiandating.co/mens-journal/mature-ukrainian-brides

Offline Manny

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »

I've read the OP and remember you regaling the story face to face ... I guess I'm getting so old, my memory is failing me

If that were the case, you might remember the methodology was in line with what I stated.  :-\

If I only had committed the methodology to paper, for example by writing a book or something.  :reading:

Oh wait, there's wifey over in the right column.......  :chuckle:

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »
I used Lifetime Partners in Tver, Russia on my first trip. About 1 1/2 months before my visit.....I wrote 14 letters. I could have Skyped......but chose to hand type and snail-mail them. I devoted a brief paragraph about myself....and a second brief paragraphed asking what she was looking for....hobbies...interests etc. A lot of RWG members stated this was a waste of time....I should have sent emails. In each envelope I included a passport sized photo of me. Out of 14 or so letters....I received replies from all but two RW. One had recently matched with a guy from the states......and one was away at dacha for part of the Summer. The second one did eventually contacted me but I was leaving the next day. Why is this still a good idea (as opposed to outdated)....because no other guy is doing it......you will stand out.

When my wife and I moved to Florida about 1 1/2 years ago.....I told my wife I was going to take 6 months off.....after 40 years of owning my own business. I the middle of the fourth week I was going crazy.....not working. My wife decided I should put out resumes online....like everybody else. I put out about a hundred over several days time. After a few weeks I had not received a single reply. That night I typed a half page resume.....and made six copies which I passed-out the next day..........personally to the manager/owner of each business. Within 48 hours I received 3 (%50) replies and immediately accepted an offer......my first choice. Al six resume recipients made the comment that they wished all job applicants would/could deliver them in person.....so they may share a little interaction in the process.

Do what everyone else is doing.....or stand-out....and do something different. The RW who received my letters (almost all) commented on the "personal touch"....which they appreciated.

CaptB
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 02:30:54 AM »
Meeting Russian women today or hoping to marry a Russian women today is very different from ten years ago..

Of course as with any country there will always be the few women who just want to marry a foreigner.. its their dream as do some still have the "American dream" to live in the USA.. but that has all changed the US is not so appealing now.. 20 years ago there was no media machine showing Russian women the Real USA ..

Today your going to have to work like a dog to find a women ready to leave her country for you (Of course some will tell me Im wrong as usual) And today your going to have to have something to offer .. what women is going to want to uproot, leave her family and move to another country only to be living in some festering shit hole and expected to start work within a week..

Its probably best to move to Russia .. then you really will be in paradise..

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 08:40:13 AM »
Over the years we have helped a half-dozen couples (friends, relatives, acquaintances) get together.......so we are not disconnected from what is going on now.....as opposed to 20 years ago. We watch Russian TV programing daily (TV TEKA) and talk to relatives (via Skype) 4 -5 times a week. As for living in Russia (paradise) I would be happy living in any number of places. My wife's hometown of Stavropol is a very nice place. For me and my wife.....it only lacks a large body of water (we live and die for water sports). Samara is a beautiful place that feels much smaller than its million population. Yoshkar Ola reminds me of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.....a place I love dearly. Several places in the Crimea would meet our "water sports" criteria. St. Petersburg is an interesting place....my niece is attending university there now. Many other places in Russia.

CaptB
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
Just watched a film on how to get it 'right' with a FSU woman ... played by a Ukrainian actress..Romanna Lobach

It's in French, with subtitles... and bloody great

Recommended

https://mubi.com/films/olla?utm_campaign=player_overlay

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 11:20:56 AM »

Here's a chart of k-1 fiancée visas given to Russian and Ukrainians. As the recession approached in 2008, applications dropped since less Americans going wife hunting in the FSU. It stayed flat for awhile until 2013 showing an increase of k-1s but dropped again in 2014 when Ukraine and Russia had their problems. While marriage agencies took a dump, the amount of American men and FSU women getting married remained nearly the same except for times of recession and war. If they aren't finding each other at matchmaking sites, they must be hooking up on social media sites these days and may not need forums that can help guide them on what the best marriage agencies are.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 11:40:49 AM »
BillyB..

There's dating apps..?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 12:04:53 PM »

Here's a chart of k-1 fiancée visas given to Russian and Ukrainians. As the recession approached in 2008, applications dropped since less Americans going wife hunting in the FSU. It stayed flat for awhile until 2013 showing an increase of k-1s but dropped again in 2014 when Ukraine and Russia had their problems. While marriage agencies took a dump, the amount of American men and FSU women getting married remained nearly the same except for times of recession and war. If they aren't finding each other at matchmaking sites, they must be hooking up on social media sites these days and may not need forums that can help guide them on what the best marriage agencies are.

There are probably many more people now looking for a Russian wife than 15 years ago.. half of the Mohameds that relocate to Western Europe are also now looking.. they can't for example find a Swedish women to wash up so presume they can find one in Russia, same in the US more men are looking but no increase in success.. women are more picky now! lots more choice..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »

There are probably many more people now looking for a Russian wife than 15 years ago..

So much for the "death of the Russian bride", eh ?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 02:40:39 PM »
IIRC, the majority of K1 visas are issued to diaspora people. That's marriages between people whose family roots are outside the USA to people from their family home country.

The number of marriages between men whose roots in the USA go back generations and women from outside their historic roots are pretty small.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »

There are probably many more people now looking for a Russian wife than 15 years ago.. half of the Mohameds that relocate to Western Europe are also now looking.. they can't for example find a Swedish women to wash up so presume they can find one in Russia, same in the US more men are looking but no increase in success.. women are more picky now! lots more choice..

The trouble is most of the men you get now days are not the quality of men chasing FSU women as they were 20 years ago. It was already going down hill when I was looking 8 years ago. Old, broke and clueless is not very attractive any place. Life style improve in Russia and much of the FSU in the early 2000 and how you have to go about finding a woman has changed also. Just saying I from the USA does not work any more. If your are the least bit understanding of what is going on  with them being young and from a FSU country does not guarantee happiness neither. Much has change as there seems to be more women available here now. When you are looking for a FSU women you are usually looking for a woman who wants to be supported. What seems to be happening is the supply of women who want to be supported has increased in USA as young men are not as interested in them as before. I feel from your comments Steveboy the men you are getting over there are the ones the local girls do not want because they can not live to her expectations of how supported she wants to be. 

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 05:39:30 PM »
Conor Clyne interviews Russian Woman on how to break the Ice in Russian language... Basically modern street game:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 12:11:50 AM »
Are you STILL watching an Oirish idiot who told us the Ukrainian Police rip you off in the street ? ..