The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia to offer PERMANENT RESIDENCY to foreigners who buy property  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Looks like it is getting easier and easier to gain Russian residency..

https://www.rt.com/russia/488639-russia-permanent-residency-foreigners/?fbclid=IwAR1Ms7km0jp3Cm26Dz9v4MacE3G84mNAkTbaLHOpjPQFEwlLt0S3Jy3hSK4

Im sure if it happens there will plenty taking advantage of the new law..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russia to offer PERMANENT RESIDENCY to foreigners who buy property
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 12:59:41 AM »
Looks like it is getting easier and easier to gain Russian residency..

https://www.rt.com/russia/488639-russia-permanent-residency-foreigners/?fbclid=IwAR1Ms7km0jp3Cm26Dz9v4MacE3G84mNAkTbaLHOpjPQFEwlLt0S3Jy3hSK4

Im sure if it happens there will plenty taking advantage of the new law..

Thanks for the link, Steve ..

The last paragraph read like some sort of govt advert ..and surely there was a mistake?

I could have acquired RU citizenship without giving up another nationality under the 'old' rules...

There's no benefit to acquiring perm residency if it means one has to have a RU driver's licence ...  :coffeeread:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:11:06 AM »
Real estate prices have already started to decline in Moscow according to my friend who is a real estate agent. Not much, but headed south for sure.

I suspect prices to continue to decline worldwide because of this over-exaggerated corona virus horses^&t. Nobody has any money or they're nervous to buy with all the uncertainty about the future.

Might want to wait until next year to buy.

As for me, better to marry a RW as it's cheaper, oh wait, nevermind. :laugh:
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 07:45:20 AM »
Real estate prices have already started to decline in Moscow according to my friend who is a real estate agent. Not much, but headed south for sure.

I suspect prices to continue to decline worldwide because of this over-exaggerated corona virus horses^&t. Nobody has any money or they're nervous to buy with all the uncertainty about the future.

Might want to wait until next year to buy.

As for me, better to marry a RW as it's cheaper, oh wait, nevermind. :laugh:

As for me, better to marry a RW as it's cheaper, oh wait, nevermind. Yeah but surely after all these years in Russia you already have a residency here!

Offline Alistair1947

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:55:28 AM »
I would love to get Russian residency as I do have money saved from my Phoenix Personal Pension from Glasgow Scotland, I have around 20,000.00 Pounds Sterling and that I am an Investor for Crypto Investment Companies so, no problem but, my Russian Wife does not want this as I do not why I am positive in my thinking any sensible suggestions please ?
Thank you for your time.

:thumbsup:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
I would love to get Russian residency as I do have money saved from my Phoenix Personal Pension from Glasgow Scotland, I have around 20,000.00 Pounds Sterling and that I am an Investor for Crypto Investment Companies so, no problem but, my Russian Wife does not want this as I do not why I am positive in my thinking any sensible suggestions please ?
Thank you for your time.

:thumbsup:

You have been living in Russia 19 years?

Registration