The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Three Weeks with a Belarussian Princess in California  (Read 13280 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Three Weeks with a Belarussian Princess in California
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »
OK the naysayers were right. Turns out hubby was a Russian mobster. They stole my identity, drained my bank account, and title to my houses. It was hell, but the worst part was having my heart broken.

Oh man, that’s a bummer. Sorry to learn that you’ve befallen an insidious trap. May I ask what makes you think he’s a mobster (and not just a typical scam artist, working with his woman)?

(Never mind, I see that you are kidding)
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 09:25:12 PM »
OK just kidding. But it does appear that it's over now. The last time I saw her was 4 days ago, and it was super fun as usual. We were going to hang out last night but she canceled. I haven't heard from her since last night.

It could be a test to see if you go into a rage or maybe she felt she's not compatible with you. I remember you having a unique diet. Did she find it unusual?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:37 AM »
Also, here's a fun fact for those who say I need therapy. I'm 3 months away from a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, and I've logged 400+ hours providing face to face therapy to individuals and couples over the last year. My favorite type of client? Dudes that struggle in their relationships with women, of course! And it turns out that you can help others, from time to time, even if you have your own issues. In fact, most of my colleagues seem to be drawn to this profession because of their own journey.

Those who have struggled and faced issues such as depression, addiction or illness, often make the best therapists or health providers.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2020, 11:57:55 AM »
Avhdb, that's certainly true, but I'm pretty sure that it's more applicable to those who have confronted and bested their demons, not one who seems to be content to repeat previous mistakes.

It'd rather like seeing a drug therapist about one's addiction and the therapist asking during the session if the client knew where the therapist might make an urgent score because the hurtin' was real bad!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »
I do not believe in therapists..and do not understand why people even feel depressed !!

Depressed!! How the hell can you be bloody depressed? If your alive! I can tell you who really has good reason to be depressed a5 year old kid who just lost both legs and an arm in a land mine..

A good slap round the face and told to pull your socks up, dust yourself down and get on with it is enough..

No sympathy for anyone needing to see a therapist! Just shoot them ..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
If hubby is giving her any money he is going to be the bestest salesman he can be until he unloads her onto you.

:ROFL:       :ROFL:          :ROFL:      tiphat

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 05:34:18 PM »
OK just kidding. But it does appear that it's over now. The last time I saw her was 4 days ago, and it was super fun as usual. We were going to hang out last night but she canceled. I haven't heard from her since last night. As stated before, I don't send a bunch of texts and try not to come across as needy. On the other hand, I've made my interest in her clear. As trite as it sounds, and I'll admit I'm probably trying to make myself feel better about being rejected, It was a great 5 weeks and I'm thankful for the experience.

Also, here's a fun fact for those who say I need therapy. I'm 3 months away from a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, and I've logged 400+ hours providing face to face therapy to individuals and couples over the last year. My favorite type of client? Dudes that struggle in their relationships with women, of course! And it turns out that you can help others, from time to time, even if you have your own issues. In fact, most of my colleagues seem to be drawn to this profession because of their own journey.

Meh.

Chances are she used you to get her husband back. Some women are incapable of leaving their ex’s, even with the bad stuff.  :biggrin:

Or he had her knocked off. But I doubt it. She’ll likely be calling you soon. No doubt she likes the attention.

Funny but I remember once there was a guy who wanted me to meet a gal he was trying to get rid of. I decided against it.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »
Ugh, I can't imagine taking a woman off some guy's hands. There's nothing positive in that scenario at all.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 03:41:33 AM »
If hubby is giving her any money he is going to be the bestest salesman he can be until he unloads her onto you.

What a STUPID comment.

If the ex is the father of the kids..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2020, 12:38:32 PM »

What a STUPID comment.

You perhaps missed the point that ex hubby might want some other bloke paying the bulk of the bills.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »

What a STUPID comment.

Someone obviously didn't listen when Shakespear was getting his divorce
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
Mystic we know you are atypical in every single way, but even if he is the father of the kids pleas explain why he'd not do as you did with at least one of your former wives?

Well, the foregoing was true until you decided to tell the world that one of your former wives was carrying an incurable virally transmitted std.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »
Maybe she found this forum and the story of the last one that was shipped in to the USA, saw just about every personal thing possible about the previous women and thought..

****k this man is a nutter!! I do not fancy being his next public story for the whole planet to see.. ooooo god!!! I already am a little..

Get me out of here!!!!!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2020, 01:42:19 PM »
Sad for our hero but yeah. That might be a blessing in disguise for somebody who does not want to be three for three in the boobie hatch.

Perhaps she was just sane enough to recognise the minefield ahead and decided that life with legs was better than life without legs.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »

You perhaps missed the point that ex hubby might want some other bloke paying the bulk of the bills.

Free goldfish for the tall guy with the Range Rover!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »
Hey, I am sorry it did not work out. On my end it sound like the ex may have wanted her back after realizing his life was not so great without her. Patient and see what happens. There is about 50 per cent she be back in a few weeks if you still want her. That is about how long it will take for her ex's good behavior to wear off.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
Perhaps some of our divorce 'experts' are confusing 'alimony' ( spousal maintenence) with child support?....
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2020, 11:59:40 PM »
Well it's not over yet. She came over last night and just left. Today we took the boys and the dogs to the river. Despite the age gap, we make an attractive looking family, her being the centerpiece.

There are some reasons that in my mind justify this behavior. But I choose not to share them here out of deference to her.

But you guys can have some fun with this I'm sure: I'm watching her boys tonight and will take them back to her house tomorrow. This has been the pattern for 3 of the last 4 weekends. She and the boys stay for one or two days, then I watch the boys another night.

I'm helping the boys stay on track with school. They are students in my district, so I have a bit of an inside track with navigating the distance learning brought on by CV19. And the language barrier also presents some challenges for her.

Her life seems essentially impossible taking care of those two little guys all by herself. They are quite challenging so I try to lighten the load for her a bit. Maybe I'm a dupe, but I'm still going to do it. Time will tell I suppose.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2020, 01:42:11 AM »
Ughhh!
Now you're setting yourself up as White Knight.

You're certainly a bloke with some issues but you have more value than simply being respite for a family whose head is unable to manage the task.

So, now things are going better because she has found you to have utility as a free childminder.

Go, get the help you so badly need. Don't go getting into relationships with a long term perspective until you've learned enough about yourself to be able to manage your personal challenges without harming yourself or your interlocutors.

Offline Manny

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2020, 05:19:53 AM »
But you guys can have some fun with this I'm sure: I'm watching her boys tonight and will take them back to her house tomorrow. This has been the pattern for 3 of the last 4 weekends. She and the boys stay for one or two days, then I watch the boys another night.

Is this childminding while she goes off grid, perhaps to her second job? Or are they other days? And did you ever find out what the off grid thing was about?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2020, 06:17:32 AM »
Did Mrs. Bela come with Mr. Ukkie and kiddies from Minsk/Kiev together?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Texan77

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2020, 08:14:17 AM »
She is leaving the children with you and then disappearing? "off the grid" You do not know where she is?  That is bothersome to me. It is also bothersome that she was gong for days and did not communicate with you then shows up like everything was always all right. The behavior is strange. If you are happy no matter what she is doing that is OK but if you not  that is a problem.  For example if she is seeing a sugar daddy one day a week and he is paying her bills and you are OK with this then it is OK but if you have some kind of problem with the idea maybe it is not so good. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2020, 08:22:53 AM »
Well it's not over yet. She came over last night and just left. Today we took the boys and the dogs to the river. Despite the age gap, we make an attractive looking family, her being the centerpiece.

There are some reasons that in my mind justify this behavior. But I choose not to share them here out of deference to her.

I'm helping the boys stay on track with school. They are students in my district, so I have a bit of an inside track with navigating the distance learning brought on by CV19. And the language barrier also presents some challenges for her.

Her life seems essentially impossible taking care of those two little guys all by herself. They are quite challenging so I try to lighten the load for her a bit. Maybe I'm a dupe, but I'm still going to do it. Time will tell I suppose.

Some of us might laugh and joke about this or that.

However most here, definitely including myself, wish you positive energy and hope this works out well for you, her and the kids.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:58 AM »

Is this childminding while she goes off grid, perhaps to her second job? Or are they other days? And did you ever find out what the off grid thing was about?

I get the feeling maybe he doesn’t want to know what she’s doing off grid or maybe doesn’t want to tell us.  :coffeeread:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
Yup Confederate, I think you are right. He's already hinted at  that up thread.

Registration