Information & Chat > Health, Fitness, Diet and Lifestyle

Walking my way to fitness and health.

(1/13) > >>

Dogsoldier:
For the past month I have been walking every evening, in part to have some structure to my day during the Corona lockdown but also to stay fit and lose a few pounds which have been slowly accumulating around my waist.
A few weeks in I had a bit of knee trouble but that has passed and I have been ramping up the intensity and distance.

Yesterday I finished a 15km combination of running and fast walking in 2h 21min.
In the past week I’ve dropped 900gms.

Olga_Mouse:
Here in Moscow we're not allowed to go out except for throwing out the garbage, for walking the dog (I don't have any) not further than 100 meters from home, for grocery shopping (by feet) or for going to the farmacy (also by feet).

Luckily enough, my fitness-club hast live broadcasts on Instagram 3 times a day - at 12:00, 15:00 and 19:00. So I try to join at least once a day...   :party0011:

...and I try to pack up garbage in smaller packages, to have something to throw out every day (paper \ plastic \ glass \ aluminium \ bio...).

Dogsoldier:

--- Quote from: Olga_Mouse on May 07, 2020, 07:11:57 AM ---Here in Moscow we're not allowed to go out except for throwing out the garbage, for walking the dog (I don't have any) not further than 100 meters from home, for grocery shopping (by feet) or for going to the farmacy (also by feet).

Luckily enough, my fitness-club hast live broadcasts on Instagram 3 times a day - at 12:00, 15:00 and 19:00. So I try to join at least once a day...   :party0011:

...and I try to pack up garbage in smaller packages, to have something to throw out every day (paper \ plastic \ glass \ aluminium \ bio...).

--- End quote ---
You could use the stairs instead of the elevator. A few times up and down a day is a pretty good workout.  :)

Lord of the Dance:

--- Quote from: Dogsoldier on May 07, 2020, 03:39:13 AM ---For the past month I have been walking every evening, in part to have some structure to my day during the Corona lockdown but also to stay fit and lose a few pounds which have been slowly accumulating around my waist.
A few weeks in I had a bit of knee trouble but that has passed and I have been ramping up the intensity and distance.

Yesterday I finished a 15km combination of running and fast walking in 2h 21min.
In the past week I’ve dropped 900gms.

--- End quote ---

Kudos Dogsoldier! Fresh air is good for both the body and the mind. I've been indulging in evening walks myself lately, but on average only 2 to 3km. 15km is quite a haul.  tiphat

Manny:
Although not negatively affected by the lockdown, we’ve started walking every evening for an hour or so as well because the gym is closed.

I started back on the 5:2 diet this week as well and also dropped 900g this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version